Author Topic: Saddlebag warning sticker  (Read 289 times)

Offline Craigmri

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Saddlebag warning sticker
« on: January 13, 2019, 02:02:16 pm »
Guys,

I've removed some of the Warning decals from the bike and before removing the two that are on the saddlebags(I think it goes without saying you dont sit on the saddlebags),  Since these are on black plastic and not a painted surface, will the glue residue clean up without issue to the black plastic texture sheen etc...

Craig

Offline Lee Ving

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Saddlebag warning sticker
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 05:39:18 pm »
I have no direct experience with those stickers, but my experience with the safety warnings on many bikes has been that the manufacturers don't want you removing those and use adhesives that make it difficult. Textured plastic on the C14 is pretty easily scarred, I'd guess the solvent or rubbing required to remove the stickers would do some cosmetic damage.

Offline Dirtwiz

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12372
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:41:54 pm »
Guys,

I've removed some of the Warning decals from the bike and before removing the two that are on the saddlebags(I think it goes without saying you dont sit on the saddlebags),  Since these are on black plastic and not a painted surface, will the glue residue clean up without issue to the black plastic texture sheen etc...

Craig
I peeled mine off and it cleaned up easily but I don't remember what I used....most likely a small amount of thinner on a rag but I don't remember for sure. I heat all my stickers before removal with a blow dryer only.....with a heat gun its too easy to over-heat it.
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they aren't. Without data you are just another guy with an opinion.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 09:20:33 pm »
hair dryer, or hot wet facial washrag, with boiling water poured on it, will work fine, then a bit of "Goo-Gone" or even WD-40 on a soft rag will remove any residue.

I left mine intact tho, it goes without saying as the "owner" we all know better, but we "can't fix stupid" when it comes to other people standing around, or leaning on things they don't own... I figure just maybe they will see it, and not lean on it, if it's intact...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:27:17 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...