Author Topic: Scratched tupperware!  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Froggz

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 8173
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Scratched tupperware!
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »
How do you guys get rid of those pesky scratches that appear suddenly out of the blue??? ;) ;p  Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.    Thanks and ride safe,  
Claude/COG #8173 
08 C14  "Ribbit II"

millerized

Scratched tupperware!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:26:00 pm »
Stickers, decals, and tankbags.  http://millerized.com/pegs  I'll be in the garage  COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g  

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
Scratched tupperware!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »
If they're not real deep. Rubbing compound then a new coat of wax. If they're deep, your screwed. Three options come to mind. Paint, cover them up with a tank bra or such, or live with them.  :p    Of course you can always buy new plastic!!!!  :eg:    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak  

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
Scratched tupperware!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 02:49:00 pm »
I could also use advice also on fixing where the brake fluid got through my protection towel and cardboard and still managed to messed my tank clear coat up?    I know if you leave the dirt on your bike it makes it harder to notice the scratches.      Novus makes a plastic scratch remover product but I have no clue if it will work on Tupperware or my tank.  http://motorcycle-accessories.ridegear.com/search?w=novus+plastic+polish  Photos[/url]
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline Froggz

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 8173
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Scratched tupperware!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 12:07:00 am »
Thanks for the info guys.  millerized, I've taken all the stickers off my bike already, maybe what I should've done is "reposition" them. ;p and I already use the tankbag trick. :p  BBAR,it is new plastic, that's my problem. :blush: and if SWMBO finds out, I may as well kiss my farkle money goodbye for the rest of the season. :eg:  
Claude/COG #8173 
08 C14  "Ribbit II"