Author Topic: Sick Ride  (Read 766 times)

Offline Harry Martin

• ☺ Cartoonist ☺
  • Industry Member
  • Crotch Rocket
  • Fear is not boring
    • Harry Martin Cartoons
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 4090
  • Membership Level: Active
Sick Ride
« on: June 02, 2019, 01:54:12 am »
Today's comments on my C14 after stopping at the auto parts store:

"That is the sickest ride I have ever seen!"
"Is that a Ninja?"...My reply, "No, it's a Fat Ninja."
"Nice looking bike, I love the color".
"Is that a 650?"  :-[  "No, it's a 1400."  :-\

This bike is a real show stopper in Casper, WY.
Harry in Wild and Windy Casper, WY - 2015 "Greendammit"
https://harrymartincartoons.com

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12916
Re: Sick Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 08:57:21 am »
  I get that too, especially running without bags, and folks that know nothing about motorcycles.
I'm happy to peak non-motorcycle enthusiast's interest in bikes, I think it's a dying sport/passion with the younger crowd which is more tech/couch oriented. They think it's a large sport bike which it really is. I have heard the comment "that bike is sick"

Your color would certainly add to the shock and awe factor. First notice the big color, then the big good looking bike!!

Offline Diz

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12056
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 09:16:24 am »
I love my Connie too. Still turns heads. Sometimes not so good when the Leo's notice the bike. I was once in a parade of cars doing all of 30MPH when a police officer maneuvered around 2 cars behind me to pull the bike over. She told me the bike looked fast, have I been driving fast? Mind you, I was on a road that had a 45 MPH posted limit and there were 4 cars in front of me. I couldn't believe what she asked. I told her I wasn't in a hurry, was happy to stay in line to enjoy the beautiful weather. She must have realized the whole scene was not worthy and told me to "Have a nice day" Haven't to this day figured out the reason for the stop.

Offline ZXtasy

• Street Cruiser
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 11:25:10 am »
Diz, she was hittin on you!?

Love the green bikes though...Sic, and Phat are such fitting compliments.
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline Pilgrim

• Street Cruiser
  • '12 Black
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 03:01:20 pm »

Make sure to drink plenty of fluids, stay hydrated, get some rest, and I hope you're on the mend and feel better.    Get well.   ;)

Offline Diz

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 08:49:08 am »
Diz, she was hittin on you!?

Love the green bikes though...Sic, and Phat are such fitting compliments.

Don't think so as the GF was on the pillion. The 3 of us were having a chat about how fast bikes look fast. The LEO said she wasn't going to ask for papers but other people may have seen me driving fast? I made the GF choke with my reply. I said its just like other stereotypes. People hear about a bad cop and want to think all cops are bad. The officer told me to be safe and have a nice day.

Offline ZXtasy

• Street Cruiser
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 11:01:29 am »
If a bike looks fast in stasis, should it not look static at speed? Or perhaps become invisible to the naked eye? People that say "your bike looks like it's going 100 mph sitting on the kickstand..." have never really been at speed on a 2 wheeler, my HD friends say that alot. I say, well at 100 I usually shift into second...
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 05:55:25 pm »
Got stopped sw of Denver once.  I was over by a couple mph.   We stood behind the bike and talked for an hour about bikes then he let me off with a warning.   I really think he just wanted to talk and see the bike.   

Two days later I got stopped again but was under the speed limit.  I asked what was up and this cop said, your plate(tag) is expired.  Crap I bought a new sticker but never put it on the bike.  He was able to prove I had bought it and also let me go with a warning.  The first cop stood staring at my plate and never noticed.  Weird.
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107

Offline Diz

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 08:35:35 am »
If a bike looks fast in stasis, should it not look static at speed? Or perhaps become invisible to the naked eye? People that say "your bike looks like it's going 100 mph sitting on the kickstand..." have never really been at speed on a 2 wheeler, my HD friends say that alot. I say, well at 100 I usually shift into second...
Got stopped sw of Denver once.  I was over by a couple mph.   We stood behind the bike and talked for an hour about bikes then he let me off with a warning.   I really think he just wanted to talk and see the bike.   

Two days later I got stopped again but was under the speed limit.  I asked what was up and this cop said, your plate(tag) is expired.  Crap I bought a new sticker but never put it on the bike.  He was able to prove I had bought it and also let me go with a warning.  The first cop stood staring at my plate and never noticed.  Weird.

Now that's funny!  :))

Offline wayne-o

• Bicycle
  • More Testarossa than Transformers
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12890
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 09:14:23 pm »
Yeah, ny green meanie gets a lot of attention in Chicago. Sorry, but the other Connies dont look anything like Team Green Connies. Even the red one is subdued.
The Urban Ballet with millimeters to spare