Author Topic: Slip on questions  (Read 1597 times)

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12307
  • Membership Level: Active
Slip on questions
« on: October 14, 2019, 04:32:45 pm »
 Any one here do a A/B with a Two bros Vs Area P?
 I have a Two bros and thinking about switching just to try something different . Not sure if they will be doing a full system for some time.
 I think the HP will be same or close but what about sound? 
2016 C-14

Offline Syxxphive

• Moped
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12672
Re: Slip on questions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:35:38 pm »
If it’s just a slip, pick he one you think they look the best. They all sound the same and perform within margin of error. For a full system, AreaP is not really viable anymore. There’s been a year long wait for them. The Delkevic single side is virtually identical to a zx14 header, aside from being single side instead of dual. Best bet for a full system in my opinion, go full dual. Zx14, catless header. And a dual slip on system for the zx from delkevic. With flash of your choice.

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:25:15 pm »
Strum; Area P has a much different sound than the 2 Brothers.
I think the 2 Brothers is more raspy..

Syxxphive; I have exactly the system you described and like it.
                 I'm using Steve's Mountain Runner Premium with mine and love the way it runs.
                     {no surge/no problems/smooth/ but, I admit that I'm not sure it's optimal}.
                  Delkevic has a 4 into 1 system now, and is in work on a 4 into 2.
                     I think that Flashes will be developed for both of those eventually.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:18:08 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 01:07:31 am »
Ive decided ill not be going with the Delkevic. And I really dont want to do the dual.
 Its a shame that Area P wont do a run . Not bashing them but it seems they are missing a lot of sales here.

2016 C-14

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • COG#: 6977
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 03:00:27 am »
If you're just doing a slip on, I've heard all of the major players. The 2 bros and Delkevic 18" are the raspiest, and sound very much the same to me. My first c14 had a 2 Bros. The area P and the CS1 are more mellow and not raspy. They are my favorites, and I have an area p slip on on my bike. I have not heard an Akropovic... at 900.00 for just  a slip on, I doubt many have heard them. I have also heard some of the short 9" Delkevics. WOW they are loud.  :-[  Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline LSGiant

• Officer
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 7524
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 11:47:09 am »
I've seen CS 1s on this board as well as other places for sale. If you have a little time you should be able to find one.
What have you done to help COG today ?
COG 7524 IBA 46513 GLMC 214
16 KTM 690R, 11 Concours 14, 07 Ninja 650 R

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03:40 pm »
I have heard a CS1 recently and I realy liked it . i would jump on one in a min. thanks guys . This is really a bandaid as i would rather a full system but ill not be happy with Delkivic . Thinking about an Area P slip On and then if they ever ::) do a run getting the rest of the system. The other option (thanks Steve) im looking at is finding a Muzzy full single for the ZX14 used.
2016 C-14

Offline AmphibSailor

• Cibolo, TX Hooligan.
  • Crotch Rocket
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • COG#: 12210
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 02:43:28 pm »
.... Thinking about an Area P slip On and then if they ever ::) do a run getting the rest of the system. The other option (thanks Steve) im looking at is finding a Muzzy full single for the ZX14 used.

The inlet diameter for the slipon is not the same as the one for the full Area P system muffler.  I've had both.

09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Mountain Runner Flash.  
2015 V1K.  Corbin Dual Sport saddle; MRA Vario windscreen; TRex Frame Sliders

Offline connie_rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 03:05:55 pm »
Found a Muzzy Full Single for the ZX14 used pre-owned/still in the box.
Might be what your looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1014-00217-Muzzys-Kawasaki-ZX-14R-06-11-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-system-W-Oval-Ca/223584751778?epid=171179659&hash=item340eb090a2:g:j3cAAOSwyTtdHTdZ

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:14:49 pm by connie_rider »

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 03:22:47 pm »
 I forgot about the slip on not being the same  here's what Kerry replied this morn

December is what we are currently trending.
I don't know yet how many will be available as we have a fairly long reservation list.  Hopefully, we'll be able to process your reservation on the next run in December. If not, next run after that will likely be Jan/Feb.

We are actually moving the components and assembly process into our main production line.  So moving forward, we will be able to fill orders much more quickly as sub-assembly components will be in our inventory and easily final assembled.

Although we have both Carbon Fiber and Stainless Steel Slip-Ons in stock, they only fit with the OEM headpipe.  The full system is a complete clean sheet design and shares no components with the Slip-On.  The tube diameters are much larger, different routing, larger core in muffler and end cap, etc..
2016 C-14

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 03:24:12 pm »
Found a Muzzy Full Single for the ZX14 used pre-owned/still in the box.
Might be what your looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1014-00217-Muzzys-Kawasaki-ZX-14R-06-11-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-system-W-Oval-Ca/223584751778?epid=171179659&hash=item340eb090a2:g:j3cAAOSwyTtdHTdZ

Ride safe, Ted

Ted I saw that already . Pricy yikes.
2016 C-14

Offline connie_rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 07:44:21 pm »
I'm unsure of cost for the Area P ?

If your relatively sure you could get the Area P in Jan/Feb, I think I would go that route.
Bekuz; There is already a Flash specifically for the Area P. The Muzzy would use an Area P Flash and may not be as ideal.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:44:43 am by connie_rider »

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 01:16:13 am »
Unsure of cost for the Muzzy??

If your relatively sure you could get the Area P in Jan/Feb, I think I would go that route.
Bekuz; There is already a Flash specifically for the Area P. The Muzzy would use an Area P Flash and may not be as ideal.

Ride safe, Ted
Yep, my Area P slip-on w/ Steve's MRP flash has been a definite WIN-WIN for me...
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Rexter

• Bicycle
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2019, 02:15:45 am »
The full Akra sounds really good. Turtle has one with Ivan’s flash.

Online turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 8645
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2019, 01:24:38 pm »

Ride safe, Ted

I've got a full Muzzy system on my bike with Steve's Area P Flash and I find no problems at all with the way it runs, smooth from bottom to top.
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja Sold / 1999 Kawasaki Concours Sold / 2014 Kawasaki Concours

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 04:27:41 pm »

Ride safe, Ted

I've got a full Muzzy system on my bike with Steve's Area P Flash and I find no problems at all with the way it runs, smooth from bottom to top.

Thanks Joe.    is this system Ted posted a link to the same or close to yours?  How did the install go ?
2016 C-14

Online turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 10:51:40 am »
Thanks Joe.    is this system Ted posted a link to the same or close to yours?  How did the install go ?

I'm not sure what year my Muzzy was made for, it's possible that it's the same.  The install went fine, I had no problems fitting everything up.  The only additional thing I had to do was make a bump stop for the center stand.  There is no center stand stop on the Muzzy so I made one from some 1-1/2" wide aluminum about 6" long and bent 90* for 1" at the bottom.  I mounted some thick rubber on the bottom of it, drilled a hole at the top and mounted it behind the rear brake mount with a longer bolt.  It was cheap and easy and keeps the center stand from hitting the bottom of the rear shock.
1968 Honda 160 Scrambler,  Sold / 1979 Kawasaki SR 650, Traded in for next one,  1978 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Z1R Turbo Sold / 1986 Kawasaki ZX 1000R Ninja Sold / 1999 Kawasaki Concours Sold / 2014 Kawasaki Concours

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 11:24:02 am »
Joe, can you describe the muzzy pipe you have? is it like 38mm to40 mm head pipes, laid out in a tri-y? THAT is the pipe I think would be most ideal for a c14.
Steve

Offline strum

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 06:56:54 pm »
Joe, can you describe the muzzy pipe you have? is it like 38mm to40 mm head pipes, laid out in a tri-y? THAT is the pipe I think would be most ideal for a c14.
Steve

I emailed the seller on ebay this question . hope for a response. I had emailed him a few days ago asking for pics of the collector with no answer yet. I would  try this If i thought it would work with out a bunch of crazy mods. I dont have anyway of bending pipe and dont care for a cobbled up look. but if its just a mater of a swing arm stop I think I can come up with something.
2016 C-14

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 07:15:32 pm »
The midpipe might need work, if it swings the muffler up to high into the bag. i don't know on that. Steve

Online turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2019, 11:12:16 am »
Steve

The pipes start at 1 1/2" then go to 1 3/4" then into a 2" collector.  The 2, 2" collectors go into a 2 1/4" collector then it's 2 1/4" all the way to the end.  The 1+2 cylinders are paired and the 3+4 are paired.

I think I sent you some pictures before I installed it in the spring of 2017 and you said it was setup like the Area P system.  I don't have my phone with me today but I'll try to find the pictures in the next couple of days and post them up.
Joe

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 11:26:24 am »
The pipes start at 1 1/2" then go to 1 3/4" then into a 2" collector.  The 2, 2" collectors go into a 2 1/4" collector then it's 2 1/4" all the way to the end.  The 1+2 cylinders are paired and the 3+4 are paired.

I think I sent you some pictures before I installed it in the spring of 2017 and you said it was setup like the Area P system.  I don't have my phone with me today but I'll try to find the pictures in the next couple of days and post them up.
Joe

Yes, basically like an area p. I WiSH the head pipes never got over 40mm.

Any issues with the muffler interfering with the bag?

Offline connie_rider

• I Need a Life
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2019, 03:58:05 pm »
Steve

I emailed the seller on ebay this question . hope for a response. I had emailed him a few days ago asking for pics of the collector with no answer yet. I would  try this If i thought it would work with out a bunch of crazy mods. I dont have anyway of bending pipe and dont care for a cobbled up look. but if its just a mater of a swing arm stop I think I can come up with something.

Look at the next to last image on the Muzzy Header Post.
Appears to be a Tri Y.
ie; Cyls 1/2 and 3/4 are paired at Y's in that image.
     & (I think) another Y is before the collector.

Ride safe, Ted

Online turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 01:27:05 pm »
No problem with fit to the bag at all.  I looked and can't find a picture of the side of the bike showing the pipe so I'll try to get one and post it soon.

Here are the pictures of the pipes before I installed them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:42:28 pm by turbojoe78_MA »

Online turbojoe78_MA

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2019, 01:31:43 pm »
And
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:36:37 pm by turbojoe78_MA »