Author Topic: Slip on vs stock muffler  (Read 1236 times)

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Slip on vs stock muffler
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 02:33:10 pm »
That's really a personal decision.  I have Steve's flash and I highly recommend it.  Steve has supported the COG community for several years. Do some research on this forum and see for yourself.  I feel I can vouch for Steve's character and integrity but I don't have any good things to say about Ivan.

While I appreciate the kind words, and despite all the water under the bridge, I have never heard anything bad about Ivan's work or his customer service.  While he and I may have different approaches and goals in what we do, at least he's put the work in, which is more than I can say for any other flashes I know of.

Steve

The two of you should collaborate on a super flash! Call it the STIVAN FLASH! Get to work and release it at the national.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline Upstate Pete

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 12:51:32 am »
First off to Wolverine.
I'm using the PC-V map M17-22-001 setting on my downloads.
it says:
"2010 Kawasaki ZG1400
Stock exhaust
Stock air filter"

I have a 1012 ZG 1400 CCF

Like I said, my plugs are Close to perfect with two brothers M5- titanimun and P1X silencer and K&N air filter.

Others may cry "but you'll run lean at 100% throttle!" All I have to say to that is "I'm Not" and "Who has the balls to run for more than a couple seconds at 100% throttle on a Concours on a public road?"

As far as ECO mode goes. and I'm no expert on the matter. I've always assumed the PC-V takes whatever input the stock ECU sends it and adjusts according to the given map. All I know is I haven't set up any "switch or secondary map" but the ECO mode trigger still leans the mapping out when I pull and hold it for the two seconds prescribed in users manual.

Offline AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 02:06:00 am »
Pete, the 09 does not have an eco mode.   I set my PCV up with a secondary map that I used as an eco mode.  The switch was used to trigger the map change on the PCV.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:13:31 am by AmphibSailor »
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 04:21:59 pm »
Pete, the 09 does not have an eco mode.   I set my PCV up with a secondary map that I used as an eco mode.  The switch was used to trigger the map change on the PCV.
I have a Power Commander WITH AutoTune Option that fits the 08 and 09 models...for sale
Normally aspirated engines have perpetual turbo lag
2000 Red C10 1052 kit
2008  C14 Silver Dammit Full AreaP- Flies are put back in SISF_Flash
2011  KLR650   688 piston ported and polished
2011  KTM 530    This thing is FUN!!