Author Topic: SS brake lines  (Read 3377 times)

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: SS brake lines
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:17 pm »
Ordered a set today from Galfer. You have to say they are for a GTR1400. Thats how they have them listed. $254.00 full set with extra 1 ½ inch on front brake and clutch.

Hi,
      Hope you can show some pics when done??? :great:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Deepsea

• Living large in the land of Hansel & Gretel
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 01:40:00 pm »
It'll be 2 or 3 weeks but I will post pics when finished.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline Deepsea

• Living large in the land of Hansel & Gretel
  • Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 02:27:20 pm »
Changed the clutch line Monday. When I cut the old line so it would be easier to remove there was steel braid under a layer of rubber then two more layers with what looks like rubber being the inner layer. I'll take some pics of it when I gat to the shop latter today.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 07:41:00 pm »
Changed the clutch line Monday. When I cut the old line so it would be easier to remove there was steel braid under a layer of rubber then two more layers with what looks like rubber being the inner layer. I'll take some pics of it when I gat to the shop latter today.

thanks for verifying what Steve and I had said earlier in this thread.... :great:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 01:07:32 am »
Since I own 3 bucket trucks, 3 10,000 lb chippers, 4 dump trucks, 3 loaders, 1 wire less remote control stump cutter and a  tree spade that all use hydraulic hoses I have a little knowledge in this area and  we make most of our hoses with our  own crimping tools , I have to tell you hydraulic hoses come in many grades and pressures ,    just because one sees a little steel  does not make it quality, in fact the bucket truck  boom hoses have no steel in them so they don't conduct  electricity .

Like it has been said many change hoses because of changing the handle bars to higher further back style, that was my original reason , but I then put LSL bars on that were lower and did not need the extension , I did not like the up rite riding style , did not feel right, just got into all the hype everyone talks about  risers, risers...

Is there anything wrong with the stock hoses, nah but my SS  do LOOK nicer :beerchug:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:53:50 am by cuda »
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline rsorrell2

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 10440
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 07:38:13 pm »
I found it when I looked under Cruiser and not street

http://www.galferusa.com/motorcycle-brake-lines/

Offline 4Bikes

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9715
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 01:07:38 pm »
I found it when I looked under Cruiser and not street

http://www.galferusa.com/motorcycle-brake-lines/

I was looking for the 2011 C-14 Galfer Stainless brake lines and could not find them until I saw this post.  It's still true, that you need to select Cruiser and not Street to find the hose kit for the C-14.

My Order:
Multiple Lines KAWASAKI ZG 1400 CONCOURS ABS 2011
  * Line Color:     Clear
  * Fitting Color:  Silver
  * Code:           FK003D937-11-CL-SL
  * Weight:         4 LBS
  * Quantity:       1
  * Price:               $164.10
Silver 2011 C-14. Previous rides: KZ-400, KZ-750, KZ-1000.  Keep the rubber side down.  Ride Fast......Live Slow......

Offline gilbysan

• Bicycle
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 05:31:10 pm »
Galfer experts,
Are the Galfer's longer as they come from them or do you have to spec it when you buy?  Did not see an option on their web site for length, just colors.
Thanks!
Gilbysan
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline gilbysan

• Bicycle
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 05:33:31 pm »
Uhhh, (embarrassed look) I did an RTFM and read the FAQs on the Galfer site; for longer lines you can:Can you make extended brake and clutch hoses for my bar/riser setup? If you need to add length to our specifications for taller bars and risers, simply give our sales department a call. They can assist you in placing an order over the phone.
If you need to change fittings to accommodate a different master cylinder or calipers, please click HERE to start building your own custom lines.
Customized lines are built to order in 2-3 business days (plus shipping time from our Southern, CA facility).
Thanks all!
Gilbysan
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra