Author Topic: stove knob removal  (Read 302 times)

Offline Fox

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
stove knob removal
« on: January 05, 2019, 01:30:07 am »
Ok so I finally found the time to dig into the poor concours that I'm attempting to resurrect.

So parts that I've bought and either installed or attempted to

1  Kipass ECU and 2 fobs new from maw kaw.
2 Used lock set from ebay that included an igniton switch with the stove knob in the switch along with a gas cap and seat release.

drilled the stupid tamper proof screws out of the old ignition and went to put the new one in when i realized the stove knob won't fit though the hole in the triple tree. making it kinda hard to screw that down.

Sooo is there a way to get the stove knob out before i take it to the dealer to have it all programmed together? or do i get to take them a bike in pieces and hope that there is enough properly connected to get it to reprogram and fire up so that i can button everything back up and start in on actual mechanical and cosmetic issues?

Offline Freddy

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
The best substitute for brains is ..............what?

Offline Fox

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
Re: stove knob removal
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:44:24 pm »
Thanks, I had read that thread a week or two ago and had completely forgotten about it.

Drilling the old switch out was bad enough due to the tight access. When the new one didn't want to fit through the hole in. The triple tree I kind of freaked out.