Author Topic: SW-Motech Steel Rack Adapter to fit Monolock Topcases on Phil's rack question  (Read 95 times)

Offline flashback50

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Can anyone who put this adapter on their Phil's rack tell me how you put the 3rd screw through the rear latch? My rack was drilled and tapped for the Monokey kit, so I only need the 3rd hole on the latch. If you drilled and tapped it can you tell what size bit and tap you used please?   Thanks,

Danny

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
If I'm not mistaken, (always a possibility) when I bought the rack from Phil with the SW Motech kit for the Givi already installed (by Phil), it bolted directly to the C-14 arms without a plate between the arms and the rack and I didn't drill or tap at all.
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline flashback50

• Scooter
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken, (always a possibility) when I bought the rack from Phil with the SW Motech kit for the Givi already installed (by Phil), it bolted directly to the C-14 arms without a plate between the arms and the rack and I didn't drill or tap at all.

Yeah the rack bolts right to the C14 frame but I was interested in where the latch bolts to Phil's rack, But after closer look I see those holes aren't tapped so I will only have to drill the 3rd hole.

Thanks for the reply though :beerchug: