Author Topic: Tail light, rear turn signals  (Read 461 times)

Offline 66ranger

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12423
  • Membership Level: Active
Tail light, rear turn signals
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:23:27 pm »
How do you get the tail light, turn signal module apart on a 2010 Connie. I took out the two plastic fasteners on the bottom but that didn't  loosen up anything.  I am trying to mount another brake light under the factory one (don't want to get hit from behind).  If someone has a parts diagram it would be a great help.  Thanks

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
Re: Tail light, rear turn signals
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 01:29:37 am »
When I installed Hyper Lites (auxillary braking lights that flash, or are on constantly (with your brake lights) depending on how you install them), the directions had me tap some wires under the seat, behind the ECU, and under the tail section. I drilled a hole in the plastic fender liner to pass the wires out to the new units and mounted the new units beside the tag. Did not crack the rear lights, just used the wiring.

Search on here for "hyper lites" and you should find them. You can also google them on the internet and find their installation instructions then use those with whichever light you pick. You mostly are trying to identify the right wires under the rear tail cover.
2014 C-14

Offline C. Moore

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6662
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:35 am »
I run hyper lights too. I had 'em on the old C10 as well. I was able to mount them horizontally on each side of the tail/brake light for a light bar effect back there. I took the bracket they send with the light units, cut it in two, drilled holes for the wires to go through the bracket and bolted them on to the stock tail rack. No need to open the tail light. A search will show the wires to tap in to under the seat toward the rear.
'10 C14  Dallas, Texas
CDA #523
COG# 6662

Offline City Slicker

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:53:35 pm »
If you mean the tail light mounted under the rack, two bolts are accessible when the tail rack is removed.

If you mean the L/R indicators in the tail, remove seat, remove rear central color coded plastic panel held with 2 hex bolts. Youll see two more bolts securing the black tail piece. Remove left and right seat side covers ( two hex bolts, three plastic rivets each side. Remove two plastic rivets underside of tail piece. Pull to rear. The nest of wiring including the tail light is in a flexible plastic shroud with other connectors for indicators.