Author Topic: This is some bike!  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Juscruizn

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
This is some bike!
« on: September 22, 2009, 08:57:00 pm »
I went for a ride earlier this evening to see how the Concours rode and handled after adding my minor modifications.  All I can say is "this is one sweet riding motorcycle." I rode some twisties West of Salt Lake City. Because of evening traffic I only took her up to eighty miles per hour.  The handeling on this bike is sweet and smooth.  She beckons to your slightest adjustments to steering, throatal and brakeing, making for a comfortable and enjoyable ride.  This is by far the sweetest bike I have owned, even surpassing my 05 Goldwing.  Now that my feet can touch the ground I am more at ease and feel much more in control.  I know longer have the feeling of trying to touch ground with the elevator stuck between 1st and 2nd floors.  The only thing that I would like is to have the bars back another inch or two.  I have two inch risers with two inch pull back.  I am not aware of anyone who gives that type of pullback with their risers.  With a larger windshield, gps unit and a good cruise control I will be in seventh heaven. All you guys and gals out there enjoy your c 14's, and be safe.    Reed  

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
This is some bike!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:39:00 am »
It sound's pretty much like my bike! Enjoy the ride.    Bob    Bionic Bob  COG & AMA member  First C14 CDA member #0220  2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak  

Offline Ed King

• Tricycle
This is some bike!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:48:00 pm »
Reed sounds like you're having a good time - I'm loving my new C-14 just wish someone hadn't hit it in my company parking lot last week... can't wait to get it back from the dealer... enjoy the ride  
COG #8872  2009 C14 and I'm loving it !  Its' all about the ride.......

Offline raulb

• Training Wheels
This is some bike!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:18:00 pm »
How is it on "Gravity Hill," up behind the Utah capitol? THAT would be   the true test of a motorcycle: if it will go backwards up the hill!    ;^)        _____________________________________  raulb        2003 Connie  COG #6043  CDA #281  AMA #699463    "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make   us what we are."    --Red Green, "The New Red  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:18:00 pm by raulb »
_____________________________________  raulb        2003 Connie  COG #6043  CDA #281  AMA #699463    "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make us what we are."    --Red Green, "The New Red

Offline raulb

• Training Wheels
This is some bike!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:19:00 pm »
How is it on "Gravity Hill," up behind the Utah capitol? THAT would be the true test of a motorcycle: if it will go backwards up the hill!  ;^)      
_____________________________________  raulb        2003 Connie  COG #6043  CDA #281  AMA #699463    "It may not be smart or correct, but it's one of the things that make us what we are."    --Red Green, "The New Red

Offline Charles W. (Chuck)_Hoefflin_IN

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
This is some bike!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:41:00 pm »
You can get someone to install an electronic cruise control unit for you.  Then, a set of heated grips, a larger windshield and you're ready to go.    Ride safe out there.  

Offline Juscruizn

• Training Wheels
This is some bike!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 06:36:00 pm »
Sorry to hear that.  But at least your bike won't have any scratches or dents.  Just a brand new looking bike.  I hope you don't lose any of its characteristics or handling features.    Reed  

Offline Juscruizn

• Training Wheels
This is some bike!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »
I know what you mean.  I am so darned exsited about getting those things on the bike and running a nice bun buster, that I could almost pee my pants.  I feel just like a kid in one of those one cent candy stores of the fifties and sixties with a ten dolloar bill in my hand.    Reed  

Offline Juscruizn

• Training Wheels
This is some bike!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 06:43:00 pm »
I was there the other day. I parked my bike with the kick on the down side, and the bike kept trying to fall uphill.    Reed  

Offline Juscruizn

• Training Wheels
This is some bike!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 06:47:00 pm »
I am going to try that again.  Stop on the hill facing down, put her in neutral and coast back up the hill.  When I was a kid we used to get on our slays and ride it to the top, then we would ride it back down, over and over and  over.    Reed