Author Topic: Throttle tamer questions  (Read 2961 times)

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Throttle tamer questions
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 07:44:06 pm »
I installed one of these and used Scotts grip glue but the grip will slowly twist after long rides with the heated grips turned on, what is anybody using to glue your grip back on securely?
On the TT I think that it is easier to keep the rpms up when entering a curve so you do not have to go to closed throttle and then back open again, this motor does not mind rpms, let her sing!
 I do have the EVO flash.

I cleaned mine very well and used hairspray as others had mentioned. Seems to work excellent. Of course the TT is coming back off when the new unit arrives.
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2017, 09:06:23 pm »
 Just an fyi for those entertaining the purchase of a TT and who either have or with get an Evolution or Area P flash from me soon... hold off on the TT. Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 09:17:47 pm »
Just an fyi for those entertaining the purchase of a TT and who either have or with get an Evolution or Area P flash from me soon... hold off on the TT. Steve

The issue Steve, was the shipment of the ECU to you and back which is a hassle and costly when INS is involved. But in the long run maybe the EVO flash and the time frame would have been a better option? I gave feedback early on with your original flash and said the abrupt throttle tip in was too much HP. At the time you said it was the way it was. But then you did the EVO flash to address this issue. Good for you.

I will ride it tomorrow and see how the TT and your original flash works. I am sure my problem with the TT is a one time occurrence. All the others said it was PnP.
Greg Downing
Washington State

Ride while you can.

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2017, 10:00:54 pm »

The issue Steve, was the shipment of the ECU to you and back which is a hassle and costly when INS is involved. But in the long run maybe the EVO flash and the time frame would have been a better option? I gave feedback early on with your original flash and said the abrupt throttle tip in was too much HP. At the time you said it was the way it was. But then you did the EVO flash to address this issue. Good for you.

I will ride it tomorrow and see how the TT and your original flash works. I am sure my problem with the TT is a one time occurrence. All the others said it was PnP.

As you know the original flash has long been deleted, and what I'm working on now some will like and some won't so it's going to be an option on the evo flash. And yes, the evo flash is updatable  ;)   i'm sceduled to go the the COG wolf rally next week, if it passes the test there I'll do a roll out. Steve

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2017, 10:05:21 pm »

As you know the original flash has long been deleted, and what I'm working on now some will like and some won't so it's going to be an option on the evo flash. And yes, the evo flash is updatable  ;)   i'm scheduled to go the the COG wolf rally next week, if it passes the test there I'll do a roll out. Steve

Good for you, always taking care of us and making the C14 throttle better and better. Cheers mate.
Greg Downing
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline strum

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12307
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2017, 02:22:51 pm »
 This is good news Steve. I cant imagine the evo being better but if you figured something out thats great!!
  Just to be clear I found the flash to be everything I expected and the TT just complimented it.  I think I said it before that the TT's biggest atribute for me is the slick delrin bushings it has which just give the throttle an wonderful feel. Thats a  thing and like Murphs Bearingup shifter its just a nice little upgrade.
  Im still on the hook as far as how much it really helps in the first tiny bit of throttle turn. I understand the idea but its so subtle that i think most guys wont feel it helped much if any. I will say though that those three things (the flash being the best and most needed) the complaints i had are gone.
 If the the new flash adds even more smoothness and no power loss its gonna be a hit. Good on you Steve for continuing the refinements.  :great:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:41:34 pm by strum »
2008 C-14
Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement.
If you can't measure something, you can't understand it.
If you can't understand it, you can't control it.
If you can't control it, you can't improve it."

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:44 pm »
This is good news Steve. I cant imagine the evo being better but if you figured something out thats great!!
  Just to be clear I found the flash to be everything I expected and the TT just complimented it.  I think I said it before that the TT's biggest atribute for me is the slick delron bushings it has which just give the throttle an wonderful feel. Thats a mechanical thing and like Murphs Bearingup shifter its just a nice little upgrade.
  Im still on the hook as far as how much it really helps in the first tiny bit of throttle turn. I understand the idea but its so subtle that i think most guys wont feel it helped much if any. I will say though that those three things (the flash being the best and most needed) the complaints i had are gone.
 If the the new flash adds even more smoothness and no power loss its gonna be a hit. Good on you Steve for continuing the refinements.  :great:

Strum,  I plan to be at the Wolf with the new option in my bike assuming hurricane Irma decides that Florida doesn't need a good beating next week. If so I'm hoping you and Cognosticator will take my bike for a ride and let me know what you think. Steve

Offline strum

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12307
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2017, 03:08:42 pm »
 Im up for that :motonoises:
2008 C-14
Measurement is the first step that leads to control and eventually to improvement.
If you can't measure something, you can't understand it.
If you can't understand it, you can't control it.
If you can't control it, you can't improve it."

Offline Deepsea

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10376
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2017, 03:25:05 pm »
Hey Steve, how about you come to the meet in Provo,UT? :motonoises:  Just think of all those interesting freeway miles. :-X :-[
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1 and Z-1R , Honda CB-650, C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph  CDA#0438
(twin engine, twin turbo, Z-1)
Retired Navy Saturation Diver

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2017, 04:33:09 pm »
The TT is all they say it is, really smoothed out the initial tip in throttle lunge. Its a keeper for sure. In low speed areas where you would be in 1st like a parking lot or starting off from a light the TT does indeed make it smoother. Even though I had to fix an issue and my Kaoke throttle lock does not work with this one the new one coming will be installed. The delrin bushings do make a difference, really smooth throttle twisting.

https://goo.gl/photos/NptcnmThiizRUDwT6
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:41:11 pm by gpd323 »
Greg Downing
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 9616
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2017, 08:47:29 pm »
I installed one of these and used Scotts grip glue but the grip will slowly twist after long rides with the heated grips turned on, what is anybody using to glue your grip back on securely?
On the TT I think that it is easier to keep the rpms up when entering a curve so you do not have to go to closed throttle and then back open again, this motor does not mind rpms, let her sing!
 I do have the EVO flash.
Do any of you that run the Throttle Tamer think it could help those of us that have throttle hand or wrist issues?
More specifically, does the TT require less effort when compared to stock to operate the throttle?

Thanks!

The best glue I found, for heated grips, is sold in the shoe sections of the stores.  It's called "shoe-goo"   it feels a other like normal, silicon seal when you apply, but the heat won't make it break loose.   Beware, once it dries, hope you really like those grips.  I'm not sure removing them, without destroying, is possible.

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2017, 10:11:47 pm »
As mentioned, hair spray for the grip win. Most impressed.  :beerchug:
Greg Downing
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 9616
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2017, 12:12:21 pm »
As mentioned, hair spray for the grip win. Most impressed.  :beerchug:

Yes, and if you use "hair spray", either buy your own, or be sure and set the "borrowed" hairspray back in the same exact spot it was when you borrowed it.

If you mess up, and set it somewhere else, there will be big trouble.

That cheap, "Aqua net" is my favorite grip glue.  It feels more like clear spray paint and I don' believe it has any components for "healthy, balanced hair"   we just want the sticky.

Ive had hairspray break loose, but only offroad. Never onroad.

Offline gpd323

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2017, 08:32:58 pm »
G2 Ergo sent me a replacement TT. The tube is shorter by 6mm so now my Kaoke throttle lock works again. The new unit also feels better with less looseness than the one I had to alter to make work.

I still have the drive-line lash abruptness described in a new post I made. Steve says he may have an answer.  :beerchug:
Greg Downing
Washington State

Ride while you can.