Author Topic: tpms low battery  (Read 1023 times)

Offline scooter

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10551
  • Membership Level: Active
tpms low battery
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:51:45 pm »
my dash reads low front tire pressure sensor battery,then after about five miles it goes away and reads normal again for the whole day. is this normal? the bike is a new 2011 with about 500 miles on it .just barley did it the last ride. do i need to head to the dealer or is it normal for them to change after a few miles? didnt do it the first couple weeks i had it. thanks for any input
southern utah
2011 silver concours

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
Re: tpms low battery
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 10:56:08 pm »
This is normal (for the C14) if the temperatures are cold. Once the tire warms up, the batteries work better. But if your say 50 degrees or better, your batteries are already on their way out. A lot of folks have had them replaced under warranty.

Offline scooter

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 10551
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
temp was around 58 59 degrees when i left the house.bike was stored in the garage overnight. it did go off pretty quick. how do you prove to the dealer it said low battery if it works fine when you pull in to the dealer ship.my local dealer is 50 miles away. thanks again
southern utah
2011 silver concours

Offline BDF

• Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 12:39:31 am »
Take a photograph of the offending LCD display (screaming "Low Transponder Battery" or whatever the exact warning is) with a current newspaper in the same frame of the photo. Sort of like a hostage photo. The paper does not even have to be that very day's edition- a day or two old will do fine to show the dealer.

Brian

temp was around 58 59 degrees when i left the house.bike was stored in the garage overnight. it did go off pretty quick. how do you prove to the dealer it said low battery if it works fine when you pull in to the dealer ship.my local dealer is 50 miles away. thanks again
KiPass keeping you up at night? Has the low fuel warning burned your retinas? Find peace, harmony and the answer to these problems. www.incontrolne.com