Author Topic: Under Seat Storage  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Alakso

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Under Seat Storage
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:50:06 pm »
Does the 2010 and up have under seat storage, and if so will it hold a cycle pump and tire repair kit?
When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice. White Elk

Offline Mad River Marc

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 8442
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Under Seat Storage
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 06:28:56 pm »
There is a tool tray under the seat that you can remove the tools and put stuff in, but other then that it's pretty tight in there, I doubt a tire pump would fit
You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

Offline Alakso

• Tricycle
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 06:57:18 pm »
Thanks Mad River Marc for the info, it's very much appreciated! I like to ride without the bags sometimes but NEVER go anywhere without my cycle pump and tire repair kit so it looks like when I get my '12 C-14 I'll be adding a PCA rack where I'll be carrying my tire repair stuff when I don't have the bags on. Plus with the PCA rack I can add the PCA backrest for riding with the OL.
When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice. White Elk

Offline The Wanderer

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 8863
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »
Howdy,
If you are thinking of replacing your seat at some point the Sargent World Sport Performance seat has a separate storeage compartment built into the seat pan.
Later,
Norm

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:24:56 pm »
Not a chance. Maybe a plug kit separated in pieces and placed in spots. But there's like no chance of a compressor or hand pump going under that seat!  :'(

Offline joe in calif

• Road Bike
  • If you are born once you will die twice,
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 12:44:51 am »
I use a tail bag all the time so when the saddle bags are off I carry the tire repair studd and stuff in that.
If you are born once you will die twice.
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 02:42:31 am »
Corbin Smuggler is what you need Alakso!  :great:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:44:26 am by ZG »
BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...

Offline jonathan

• Road Bike
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:24:07 pm »
Corbin Smuggler is what you need Alakso!  :great:

Not the ideal solution in this case as it doesn't work for riding 2 up.
Calgary, Alberta

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:25:10 pm »
I use a Saddleman rear seat bag on my bike. (I normally leave the panniers off the bike) The rear seat bag costs about $50 compared to the $800 for a smuggler. And that's if you already have a Corbin seat. If not it will cost more yet! Although the Corbin/Smuggler is a great combination, it is not the most cost effective.

Offline Mad River Marc

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 8442
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:39:41 pm »
I just take my givi with me usually.... Other then that I leave the panniers off the bike
You only need two tools in life – WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

Offline Alakso

• Tricycle
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 12:37:13 pm »
Thanks Norm for the info on the Sargent World Sport Performance seats.

Thanks Cap'n Bob for replying to this thread. I'll have to check out the Saddleman rear seat bag along with different seats including Corbins.

Thanks  joe in calif for your reply also. When I had my FJR I used the PCA rack and backrest and carried a backpack bungeed to it with my tire repair kit inside. I'll most likely be doing the same with my Connie when I get her.

Thanks ZG for the info on the Corbin Smuggler which looks like a cool setup for riding solo but it is pricey which is probably because they match the paint. How well does the backrest work on the Smuggler?

Mad River Marc, for some reason I just don't like the looks of the Kawasaki or Givi top cases, but that's just me. Plus with a rack I can attach a backpack loaded up with camping gear.

Offline ZG

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 9735
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 04:48:13 pm »

Thanks ZG for the info on the Corbin Smuggler which looks like a cool setup for riding solo but it is pricey which is probably because they match the paint. How well does the backrest work on the Smuggler?

The backrest works great, it sticks out a little bit further then when I have the Corbin passenger seat on...

BAD A$$ isn't cheap, and cheap isn't BAD A$$...