Author Topic: Valve Core Stem for 2011  (Read 463 times)

Offline firehaz1

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Valve Core Stem for 2011
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:45:06 pm »
Was filling up the '11 rear tire the other day at Wawa then hiss. The valve stem core bent and blew out. Had bike towed home. Does anyone know the valve core stem size? I have been looking all over and can't find it. Just want to try replacing core first. Was looking at Murph's site for 90 deg stems but not listed anywhere. Waiting for reply to see if he has any around. TIA.

Art

Online AmphibSailor

• Hooligan
  • Street Cruiser
  • I am what I am and that's all that I am!
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12210
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Valve Core Stem for 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:23:58 am »
  Honda GoldWing p/n 42755-MCA-R31 fits.  It replaces the straight part of the valve stem. About $15 plus shipping each on Amazon.
09 Concours aka 'The Cruncher:' Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Laam modded Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 cables, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg sport screen for summer), Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.  

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 01:39:32 am »
Was filling up the '11 rear tire the other day at Wawa then hiss. The valve stem core bent and blew out. Had bike towed home. Does anyone know the valve core stem size? I have been looking all over and can't find it. Just want to try replacing core first. Was looking at Murph's site for 90 deg stems but not listed anywhere. Waiting for reply to see if he has any around. TIA.

Art

did the stem break off, or just the valve core blew out?
all autoparts stores carry the valve core, like 3$ for a 5 pack, get a core tool also, nothing special about those cores, i replace them at every tire changes.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Phil

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 04:49:11 pm »
Next time, though hopefully there won't be a next time, if you can, Uber to an auto parts store, or call the store to see if they will deliver the part to you. Cheaper than a tow.

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 05:07:13 pm »
Next time, though hopefully there won't be a next time, if you can, Uber to an auto parts store, or call the store to see if they will deliver the part to you. Cheaper than a tow.

geez, if you carry a tire core tool, you can walk up to any car, and get a valve core for free...   >:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

uber?  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ::) :-X
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

deliver me a $3 pack of valve cores please?
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :-[

sorry, that was just too funny to resist, now I have to clean the coffee I snorked out my nose, off of my screen... :great: :great:

Offline okrider

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 05:08:49 pm »
Or for next time you can carry the rest of the 5 pack with you under the seat. Problem solved. I carry a valve stem and stem tool in my bike at all times.
2011 Black: Russel Day Long, Helibars Horizon, Kawi top case, ECU flash, lowered passenger pegs

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 09:59:01 pm »
 :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :)) :)) :)) :))

strange...
I stopped at WaWa today, for a pack of smokes and a water...
and walked past the "oil and car junk" display, and right there, amongst the Pine Tree air fresheners, 10w30 oil, FixA flat cans, was a pack of ......
valve stem cores.... I bout pooped my drawers.
I asked the register girl if she ever sold any of them, because the hook was full, (like 20 packs), and she looked at me like "wha...?" .. "no, what are those for?".....
I told her "that's what keeps that 25 cent air from your airpump, in the tire".. and walked out...laughing...
later gator,  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:02:15 pm by MAN OF BLUES »

Offline Gixerhp

• Industry Member
  • Road Bike
  • The Lighting Guy!
  • COG#: 12189
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 11:32:35 pm »

Art
Where are you in the NE, i have everything at my garage
No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline firehaz1

• Training Wheels
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 04:33:07 am »
In Philly soon to be SC. I never had this happen or even thought it would happen. Thanks for the great info. I had road service through insurance co. so tow was free. Fantastic wife came and stayed till tow came so I didn't have to wait for "uber?". Is that new name for right thumb? This forum is fantastic.

Art

Offline Phil

• Training Wheels
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 04:43:09 pm »

geez, if you carry a tire core tool, you can walk up to any car, and get a valve core for free...   >:D :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :-[

sorry, that was just too funny to resist, now I have to clean the coffee I snorked out my nose, off of my screen... :great: :great:

Well, of course, I carry them, but if you don't have one, as he didn't, still cheaper than a tow. I carry, valve cores, tire plugs and a pump, but if you don't...and I have actually had their parts runner bring me a low priced item in the past, when I got stranded. It never hurts to ask. If they are running a part near-bye , they will sometimes do it. And you can always offer to pay for the service.  Sorry to make you laugh.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:46:16 pm by Phil »

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 06:25:23 pm »

Well, of course, I carry them, but if you don't have one, as he didn't, still cheaper than a tow. I carry, valve cores, tire plugs and a pump, but if you don't...and I have actually had their parts runner bring me a low priced item in the past, when I got stranded. It never hurts to ask. If they are running a part near-bye , they will sometimes do it. And you can always offer to pay for the service.  Sorry to make you laugh.

:great: :great: :)) :)) :)) :))

never apologize for making someone laugh, wee always need to smile and take life's foibles in a fun manner...

i just thought the post you made was extremely humorous.
(and yes, I carry a pump, cores, plug tools and plugs, duct tape, and a ton of other stuff... mostly to fix other folks bikes as they didn't think ahead)

ride safe,  :beerchug:

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 06:29:31 pm »
In Philly soon to be SC. I never had this happen or even thought it would happen. Thanks for the great info. I had road service through insurance co. so tow was free. Fantastic wife came and stayed till tow came so I didn't have to wait for "uber?". Is that new name for right thumb? This forum is fantastic.

Art

back to my original question, was it just a core, or did the actual stem break?
just curious....

Offline firehaz1

• Training Wheels
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 02:51:31 am »
The insides of the stem. Took it it shop and will be getting 2 new TPMS units. Batteries been running lo for some time. Thanks for the help.

Art