Author Topic: Virtual Ride - 2009 Concours with passenger - Near Asheville  (Read 2203 times)

Offline AhhhhhSUM

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Virtual Ride - 2009 Concours with passenger - Near Asheville
« on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:17 pm »
Better video than the little 10 second interstate clip. This is a great video of some beautiful scenery here where we live near Asheville, North Carolina. We had a great day yesterday and hit one our favorite runs. Some higher speed valley runs with some twisties thrown in that would make the Dragon tail Jealous. My lovely wife is riding with me along with the trunk/sidecases/tankbag/kitchen sink, so the run is not peg scraping aggressive but still spirited for having a passenger.  Kept the revs and Gs down because the wife preferred it that way. Video is courtesy of my riding buddy Patrick on the Hayabusa. Most of it is with the gopro camera on the windshield of my bike (Concours) with the last 5 minutes with Patrick having the camera on his bike. I recommend the entire 23 minutes, but if this is like watching someone else’s family slideshow to you ….here is some points of interests: Start off with Intro and a little high speed leap frog in the valley, then around the 3:00ish min mark the twisties start; about at the 6:40 mark some more high speed valley play and more curves with me leading for a bit; and at the 18:05ish mark we load up for the final drive with the camera with Patrick/Hayabusa aimed on the wife and I cruising on higher speed highway curves.  If you’re curious my Concours is bone stock.  ***Important*** - Choose the 1080p HD setting (it gives you the pixilated 480p..you have to change it). Heck if you put on a Helmet and aim the fan at yourself………it’s like being there…..lol…well maybe not.  Some people may have to turn down the “base” of your sound system.  ENJOY! 

Offline Dalroo

• Road Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9961
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
Re: Virtual Ride - 2009 Concours with passenger - Near Asheville
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:53 pm »
Great stuff!
(Now) 2010 C14, 1981 KZ440LTD, 2014 XC610 (Then) 2000 FLHTCUI, 1998 KZ1000P, 1998 FXDWG, 1996 XL1200, 1993 Intruder 1400, 1989 YZ-250WR, 1984 YZ-250
Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine - Moslah Shrine Temple, Fort Worth, Texas - 2B1 ASK1

Offline The Pope

• Crotch Rocket
  • North Carolina AAD
  • COG#: 9994
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:32:33 pm »
Thanks for sharing!
The Pope
2011 Atomic Silver C-14 (aka TheImprovedSilverDammit)

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." (Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.)

Offline AhhhhhSUM

• Tricycle
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:18:12 am »
Thanks for the comments. Glad you guys enjoyed. I also meant to add.....at the very end of the video is a static picture of the two of us standing with the bike.

Offline Jay

• Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:14:43 am »

Most of it is with the gopro camera on the windshield of my bike (Concours)...If you’re curious my Concours is bone stock.

My stock 2011 C14 doesn't sound as throaty as your 2009. What's up with that?

Absolutely beautiful country there in North Carolina! The road looks so inviting. Got to go there sometime.
- 2011 C14, Black
- 1979 KZ1000ST (Shaft Drive)
- 1976 Triumph Bonneville 750

Offline AhhhhhSUM

• Tricycle
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:51 am »
JAY......Yea....I thought the sound was great too.  Obviously when I'm riding I have a helmet on so I don't quite hear what the gopro camera microphone is hearing. I was pleasantly surprised.
If you have the same potatoe launcher, etc....I'm sure yours would sound the same as well...or very close.

For contrast and compare you can hear the Hayabusa dual exhaust.....he really gets on it around the 21:55ish mark of the video.......one of my favorite parts of the vid, becuase he is filming the wife and I....and we are doing some higher speed turns, and you can see the handling characteristics of the Concours with a passenger also.

But Asheville area is only is only rock throw from the Smokey Mountains......The Blue Ridge Parkway is only 5 minutes from my house. But there is so many nice roads here...that it would be a sin not to own a motorcycle.

Thanks for the comment!
John.

Offline wipfel

• Road Bike
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:55 pm »
Very nice!  I love the sound.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Momo65

• Bicycle
  • Dog's head out the window,that is me in my bike
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10016
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »
First of all thanks for sharing the video with us, seems like a nice part of the country to be riding such a beast like ours, must make a note of this one, bucket list keeps getting bigger since i joined this group lol, it is always nice to see the back of our bikes while we lean also, we look pretty darn hot don't we ha ha, well thanks again for the video.

Offline AhhhhhSUM

• Tricycle
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:53:21 pm »
@Wipfel - agreed! Thanks for the comment. @MOMO65 - ditto everything you stated...lol. Asheville and surrounding area is bucket list must. Smokies, Dragon tail is near and of course the Blue Ridge Parkway..especailly during leaf season.  Of course some runs the locals know.

Offline DanL

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 12:19:49 pm »
we'll be down your way in July, thanks for the preview!

Offline AhhhhhSUM

• Tricycle
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »
Hey DanL...just passing through, or actually coming to ride this particular area? Should be great time, it is before the crowds get here and clog up the roads for leaf season.

Offline DanL

• Scooter
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 03:12:39 pm »
my wife and a couple friends are doing the Dragon area, then I'm meeting her in Charleston SC to visit her family for a few days, then we're coming up that way to do some BRP and other area roads, winding our way north into WV and then back across to DE. We'll probably stop overnight in the Asheville area so we can get a fresh start on the BRP in the morning. Agenda is kind of loose right now.

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
  • COG#: 9334
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 01:52:41 pm »
Nice!
KiPass!

Offline AhhhhhSUM

• Tricycle
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:44 pm »
DanL - Well if you happen to remember, drop some text when your in the Dragon/Asheville area....if it ends up being on the weekend, maybe the wife and I could join you guys for the ride out, etc if your group doesn't mind the company. Sounds like a great road trip!

Offline Rich

• Tricycle
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 12:47:39 am »
Like it!!!