Author Topic: Warning about C14 Traction Control  (Read 7154 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9334
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Warning about C14 Traction Control
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 01:39:44 pm »
I rode up a 30 degree incline down to a river bank that was covered in large deep gravel, and just held the throttle pinned the whole way, and let the traction control system work, and the bike just crawled right up the incline without spinning a tire. There is absolutely no way I would have been able to climb up that road without traction control. I've also had the bike on the water soaked skid pad with outriggers on it, and I have engaged the traction control numerous times in gravel and on slick surfaces. It has always worked flawlessly for me, and I've never had a single problem with it.

+1

I've done that up gravel driveways in the mountains with gravel so deep I'd rather not have walked up.  Bike works like a dream  ;D
KiPass!

Offline COGKNYCENT

• Mount up
  • Tricycle
  • Ride em if you got em
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »
2012 17K miles. At 10K problems started. KTRC off or on symptoms identical. I roll back down a slight incline to back out of parking spot. Start off going forward and turning at the same time back up the same incline. Gutteral growl and power is cut. Nearly dumped the bike. Pulled clutch in and released throttle while trying not to fall over. Clutch is fine. No KTRC error on display. Dealer is stumped. Waiting for meeting with factory rep within the next couple of weeks. Bike sits at the dealer until then. If my wife was on the back someone would have been injured. I would not have been able to keep the bike upright. There is an old post of this happening to someon with an 09. Ended up swapping it out for a 2010. Anyone have this experience?
Many test drives in between.
2012 Councours 14 ABS
2009 Buell Ulysses
2007 Buell Ulysses
2006 Honda 919
2002 WydGlyd
Virago, Nighthawk, 79-750K, 79-900 custom, 50 step thru, Bultaco Alpina, Matador, Big Horn, 175 enduro, doodlebug

Offline stevewfl

• Iron Butt
  • COG# 9334
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9334
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2014, 12:07:42 am »
2012 17K miles. At 10K problems started. KTRC off or on symptoms identical. I roll back down a slight incline to back out of parking spot. Start off going forward and turning at the same time back up the same incline. Gutteral growl and power is cut. Nearly dumped the bike. Pulled clutch in and released throttle while trying not to fall over. Clutch is fine. No KTRC error on display. Dealer is stumped. Waiting for meeting with factory rep within the next couple of weeks. Bike sits at the dealer until then. If my wife was on the back someone would have been injured. I would not have been able to keep the bike upright. There is an old post of this happening to someone with an 09. Ended up swapping it out for a 2010. Anyone have this experience?

^^^this entire post confuses me.  Good luck with getting it fixed. I thought traction control began on these bikes in 2010?
KiPass!

Offline Rembrant

• Low Brow Realist
  • Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:56 am »
^^^this entire post confuses me.  Good luck with getting it fixed. I thought traction control began on these bikes in 2010?

It did. ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:06:03 am by Rembrant »
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline COGKNYCENT

• Mount up
  • Tricycle
  • Ride em if you got em
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 05:52:15 pm »
stevewfl, you guys got me straightened out. Created new post KTRC Fail.
Many test drives in between.
2012 Councours 14 ABS
2009 Buell Ulysses
2007 Buell Ulysses
2006 Honda 919
2002 WydGlyd
Virago, Nighthawk, 79-750K, 79-900 custom, 50 step thru, Bultaco Alpina, Matador, Big Horn, 175 enduro, doodlebug

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 07:04:34 pm »
Steve, if your first car had ABS, your not that old.....just sayin   :))

Hmmm... Maybe I worded that a bit awkwardly.   :truce: I was talking about the first time I owned a car that had ABS.  My first car had a three on the tree shifter and came from the factory without seat belts.

Same here Steve. 3 on the tree, no seat belts and lousy drum brakes.  I still have mine and on it's 5th motor. What it it? 55' F100 I bought well used when in high school.   
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki