Author Topic: Week+ with Steve's Evolution Flash  (Read 385 times)

Offline Joel

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Week+ with Steve's Evolution Flash
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:09:33 pm »
Got my ECU back last Tuesday and got it hooked up. Bike started fine, so my wife hopped on and we rode about 30 miles to where she rides horses. I wasn't blown away like so many other people have been. I felt the like the bike responded better, but with the wifey, it was hard to tell. After dropping her off, I ran solo for a bit and started to feel what the hype was all about, but still wasn't blown away. Since last Tuesday, I've had the opportunity to ride several more times solo, and I've become a Believer! The bike pulls all the way through the throttle. TBH I think I was being too timid on the throttle at first...you really have to give it some gas, but when you do, better hold on. Great upgrade! Well worth the $$$. Thanks Steve....can't wait for Evo II!
2016 C14, Cee Bailey Ultra Tour, Kaoko Throttle Lock, HeliBar Risers, Hyper-Lights Brake Lights, Steve's Evolution Flash...more to come!

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Week+ with Steve's Evolution Flash
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:19:28 pm »
thanks Joel, and to help clarify, what you're feeling is exactly what I spent so much time building into the flash. The idea is that under lighter throttle the bike is very tractable and predictable. Easy to ride easy... and sometimes it makes it so you don't really want or need to be aggressive on the throttle. That could make it almost seem like the bike lost power to some folks... they're just not considering that they're probably only giving about 5-6% throttle to achieve any kind of rational speeds. Now go ahead and give it some throttle and kawasaki's 1352cc's is there, waiting to get your attention.

Someone referred to it as being like a kitten or a lion, and that's kind of a good analogy. 

Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Lablank

• Training Wheels
  • COG#:10624
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10624
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Week+ with Steve's Evolution Flash
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:14:12 pm »
...I've become a Believer! The bike pulls all the way through the throttle. TBH I think I was being too timid on the throttle at first...you really have to give it some gas, but when you do, better hold on. Great upgrade! Well worth the $$$...

I'm a believer too!  I have had the opportunity to put 2,000 kms on the bike since I got the EVO ECU back from Steve and it is so f'ing smoooooth! My apologies for the language but there is no other way to describe it. It now pulls smoothly from 2,000 rpm in ANY gear!  Amazing!!!  Like having a brand new bike !!!   :great:

Rene
2012 C14 Candy Arabian Red
2005 Hayabusa Red/Black
-------------------------
1988 Katana 1100
1990 Intruder 800
1979 GS1000E
1978 GS750E
1973 CB350