Author Topic: weirdities  (Read 5174 times)

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: weirdities
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 12:59:10 am »
1-Do a TPS reset like Bigfoot suggested. It's done by switching on the bike, but not starting the engine. Then rotating the throttle to full on and back to full off twice. Then switch off the bike. After that's done, you can switch the bike back on, start the engine and go for a ride to see if it helped.

2- That's just the linked brakes. You just have to learn to live with it, but I do have a theory on how to un-link them and retain the ABS in both front and rear.  ;D

3- Check to see what the setting of the small screw at the bottom of the rear shock is. Is it 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 .... turn out from fully seated? I think that I have mine at 1 & 1/4 turns out from fully seated. Anyway, it's worth a try.  :great:
I turned mine all the way out to the "Penske 8983" setting. WOW! what a difference!
Matt
2015 C14  Poison Ivy. I feel the itch!
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R  Wheelie sweet!!

Offline mehush

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11038
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »
I find the throttle to be very jerky as well on my 2011. I have removed all the slack from the cables and done the TPS reset trick. It is still hard to make small throttle inputs.

This is my first bike with ABS or linked brakes. At first I did not like it, but after 33K miles I have grown used to it and really appreciate how strong they are.

I actually like the fact that the suspension is fairly firm. If I ever rode one with upgraded suspension I am sure I would be spoiled. As long as the bike the does not pogo in turns I am fine....and mine does not. I did turn up the rear preload and adjusted damping to 1/2 turn out and am happy with those settings. With fresh tires this thing handles very well. With worn out tires it handles like poo. Never been on a bike that was so sensitive to the state of the tires.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11323
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 03:28:24 pm »

I turned mine all the way out to the "Penske 8983" setting. WOW! what a difference!
Matt

Hi,
        Hey...uh....That's a little...uh....never mind! ;D   >:(
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline C. Moore

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6662
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2015, 09:31:20 am »
To The Pope, that TPS reset made a difference with that first gear on/off jerkiness. Thanks for the tip.
'10 C14  Dallas, Texas
CDA #523
COG# 6662

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
  • kiss philosophy gets it done quicker and simpler
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10410
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 11:59:56 pm »
BruceS, the c-14 doesn't have drive by wire, it has regular old throttle cables. Steve

Yep Steve you are right...I was referring to the Triumph, but my wording didn't come out right. Thanks for the heads up.
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125