Author Topic: What have your done to your C14 today  (Read 35862 times)

Offline FTB530

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12127
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: What have your done to your C14 today
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2018, 10:55:00 pm »
Canyon cages yesterday and Laam seat today!,

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2018, 08:06:22 pm »
Used up my Plexus making it clean and shiny!!
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline RoadKillHeaven

• How hard can it be? 。◕‿◕。
  • Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #277 on: April 01, 2018, 06:09:43 am »
I've installed CeeBailey 2" taller screen and discovered it cannot be lowered with side winglets in place. Also noticed increased turbulence when fully raised. Since then, I've gone back to stock screen and put winglets back on. My search for "better" wind protection is over...

Offline khsgt

• Big Wheels
  • I’m not driving too fast, I’m flying too low.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12741
« Reply #278 on: April 01, 2018, 10:14:43 am »
I've installed CeeBailey 2" taller screen and discovered it cannot be lowered with side winglets in place. Also noticed increased turbulence when fully raised. Since then, I've gone back to stock screen and put winglets back on. My search for "better" wind protection is over...

Try the MRA X-Creen Tour on top of the stock windshield.  Massive adjustability, and zero turbulence and cuts wind noise in half.

Offline khsgt

• Big Wheels
  • I’m not driving too fast, I’m flying too low.
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12741
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2018, 03:55:52 am »
I have been on a Farkle Bender lately....this is not a cheap hobby.  In the last month:

Shoudabeen Mountian Runner Flash
Vince and Hines CS1 Slip On
LED Light from SoCalMotoGear
ProjektD Aerowings
ProjektD Helmet Lock
15,000 mile service including valve adjustment  :-X
New Avon 3D-XM Tires

I think I’m done for a while......it’s time to just ride and enjoy what is now a very perfect motorcycle.  :motonoises:

Offline al_ferguson01

• Tricycle
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2018, 05:08:17 pm »
Installed a Two-Brother Exhaust Canister and mid-pipe today (a 20 minute job). No "Power Tip" (yet).  Really nice sound out of the box but I haven't yet blasted  through my daily 120 mile (RT) interstate commute. If too loud, I can put one of their tips on to quiet things down a bit. The weight difference between the stock can and the Two-Brothers is remarkable.  Also, installed the light Brackets (on the forks) that Lee made and shipped out to the group (see accessories forum thread)  Really nice brackets.

Update - did an interstate blast and this Two-Brothers canister is not loud from the rider seat at all - passenger said the same. No "Power Tip" needed.

Also, installed a MRA X-Creen Tour (clear) with the stock windshield - a GREAT addition - especially with all the interstate miles I'm running right now. 

BTW - with the 2018 Mountain Runner Flash, I'm averaging 45.8 mpg doing mostly interstate runs at "significant" speed.

UPDATE: Over 500 miles, the AVG Fuel Economy, if you are to believe the computer, has gone up by 1 mpg. Pretty nice bonus. Now averaging 46.8 with the flash and canister combination. Power was ridiculously high to begin with so I can't tell the difference but it sure sounds nice!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:23:11 pm by al_ferguson01 »
2016 Concours 14 ABS
2017 H.D. Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Offline n.e.mich

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2018, 07:13:37 pm »
Went shopping and bought a baby brother....

Offline gilbysan

• Bicycle
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2018, 08:01:37 pm »
Coggers,

Installed Murph's bar risers yesterday.  Nice difference in the seating position and the install could not have been any easier.  Loosen the brake line blocks, pull up some slack in the brake line and cables on each side, install the new risers under existing bars and done.  Further, there is no conflict at Left and Right steering locks with the windscreen, a CB standard Tour Dome.

Thanks Murph!

Also, not long ago I plasti-dipped my bars black because I preferred the black look like newer C14s.  It is holding up really well so far, no chipping or peeling even after several washes and weather.  If you do this it is recommended that you do at least 3 coats of the spray, in my case I did 5...

Safe Travels!

Gilbysan
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline Egodriver71

• Street Cruiser
  • I'm in here somewhere
  • COG#: 8321
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2018, 10:00:45 am »
Installed SiSF's flashed ECU.

Still can't ride the bike yet, :'( but hopefully by next week...
Thomas Mann
Jacksonville, FL

COG #8321

1930 Indian 101 Scout (the first bike)(still in the garage)
1986 Yamaha Radian (the first modern bike)(Sold)
1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 500LTD (the wife's first bike)
1996 Kawasaki Eliminator (Wife's)
1999 Kawasaki Concours (The Warbird)
2006 Kawasaki Vuclan 900 (Wife's)
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 (Totaled)
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 (Second Chance)

Offline JaL3

• Tricycle
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »
Installed Knight Design lowering pegs (super awesome quality)

and Puig spoiler, no more buffeting, yay!

Next ones are to finalize the radar detector wiring and send the ECU to Ivan for re-flash.
Regards, Jay with 2016 ZG1400, Ivan's flash, seat modded by Spencer, Puig spoiler, Canyon Cages, Bar Risers, Rigid Industries aux LEDs, Switchback LEDs front and rear, Two Brothers Black Series Slip-On.

A skeptic that believes anything when provided with evidence.

Offline reid53

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 7384
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2018, 10:38:13 am »
Changed oil/filter Rotella T6 synthetic.  Fram 6017A filter.  Also changed final drive lube.  Mobil 1 synthetic 75-90w.  Next will be new tires and brake pads.  :motonoises:
08 Concours "Silver Belle" with SISF EVO Flash
98 Concours "Tallahassee Belle" (Sold)

Offline flashback50

• Scooter
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2018, 10:31:40 pm »
Installed Knight Design lowering pegs (super awesome quality)

and Puig spoiler, no more buffeting, yay!

Next ones are to finalize the radar detector wiring and send the ECU to Ivan for re-flash.

Do you notice any additional vibration coming thru those pegs that don't have a rubber cover?

Offline Doc

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12697
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2018, 10:48:10 pm »
Murph’s wedges and Top Block bars installed today!

Offline Hosspower

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 12782
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2018, 12:59:23 am »
What a day!
New CB antenna mount from Phil's Farkels.
Shoodaben this smooth ECU flash with the Mountain Runner tune.
It's a good day!
2012 Kawasaki Concours C14 ABS - Kong

Offline gilbysan

• Bicycle
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2018, 03:16:35 pm »
Added the Kawa badges that I have been obsessing about since I got the Bike painted last month.  Finally settled on some Black ones I found on eBay at http://stores.ebay.com/wheelieracing/ that turned out pretty nicely.  Much easier to mount than I thought and they appear to be as durable as the factory types.  Got 8"x1" set for the Center Fairing, and 5" set for the trunk and front plate behind the screen.  $20 for all.  Have not found any in Black that say "Concours 14" for the side panels, so if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Cheers!

gilbysan
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline JaL3

• Tricycle
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2018, 04:02:41 pm »
Sent my seat to Spencer (www.greatdaytoride.com) and ECU to Ivan (www.ivansperformanceproducts.com)
Regards, Jay with 2016 ZG1400, Ivan's flash, seat modded by Spencer, Puig spoiler, Canyon Cages, Bar Risers, Rigid Industries aux LEDs, Switchback LEDs front and rear, Two Brothers Black Series Slip-On.

Offline gpd323

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2018, 08:04:56 pm »
Rode to work for a shakedown, recently installed new brake pads, tires, battery and bled the brakes. want to be sure all is normal. In 2 weeks I head out for my annual Northern CA 5 day trip. :beerchug:
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline Roger B

• Mini Bike
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:44 pm »
Added the Kawa badges that I have been obsessing about since I got the Bike painted last month.  Finally settled on some Black ones I found on eBay at http://stores.ebay.com/wheelieracing/ that turned out pretty nicely.  Much easier to mount than I thought and they appear to be as durable as the factory types.  Got 8"x1" set for the Center Fairing, and 5" set for the trunk and front plate behind the screen.  $20 for all.  Have not found any in Black that say "Concours 14" for the side panels, so if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Cheers!

gilbysan

I have a blue 2010 and I noticed the blue reflective tape you have on your bike and thought it looked good and a good idea so I ordered a roll of blue on ebay last night.  $2 shipped, 2" wide by 10' long.  Not bad.

Offline Roger B

• Mini Bike
« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2018, 02:19:49 pm »

Cheers!

gilbysan

I have a blue 2010 and I noticed the blue reflective tape you have on your bike and thought it looked good and a good idea so I ordered a roll of blue on ebay last night.  $2 shipped, 2" wide by 10' long.  Not bad.

Did you also put reflective tape on the side panniers?  I'll probably put a strip around the bottom portion of the bags and try to make it look like it was factory.  So it can be seen from the rear, side, and front.   I like the safety part but want to minimize the ugly.

Offline gpd323

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2018, 07:57:56 pm »
I used red 3M reflective triangles on my cases and top case. I have some blue 3M tape so I am going to the garage right now to see what I can think of. I like the blue tape, have it on my KLR as a tribute to the LEO's.

Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2018, 11:03:35 pm »
Cleaned it, aired the tires. Put it on the stand for tomorrow's departure to the Carolina Conclave @ 7:00 am.
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline MarkP

• Big Wheels
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2018, 11:56:48 am »
Installed a 2010 ZX14 Header with cats removed and Vance & Hines CS One dual mufflers! Turned out great and only took me about 3 hours. Fits perfect after a few tweeks. Big torgue difference too. ;)

Offline glenn 12

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 11906
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2018, 04:50:21 pm »
the bike went for rear tpm warranty and they put the t31 on the rear for nothing. I'm getting ready for the carving the cumberland.
12 c-14, 91 vfr750

Offline JaL3

• Tricycle
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2018, 07:18:52 pm »
Got my ECU back from Ivan and installed it, switched the yellowhis city lights to LED's and front signals to LED switchbacks ($17 from eBay, let's see how long they last). Put in Murph's "Bearinged up" shifter https://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?cPath=130_133&products_id=463 and got fresh Pirelli on the front.
Now I'm just waiting for my seat to come back from Spencer (this Friday) and I'll be happily on the road again!

Offline glenn 12

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 11906
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2018, 05:06:20 pm »
I just changed oil, and i am using rotella t6. There is a rebate going on right now. the auto parts store where i bought it had 7 dollars in rebate if you send for it.
12 c-14, 91 vfr750