Author Topic: What have your done to your C14 today  (Read 38482 times)

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12666
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: What have your done to your C14 today
« Reply #450 on: September 22, 2018, 02:17:51 pm »
I swapped out the lock for the one off my original bag so they are keyed the same again.
The Color Right matched paint came this week so after the wife and I do some shopping I will set out to make the rest of the scratches disappear. It's a good day even if I am missing the I Hop ride ;)
2005 C10, 2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.

Offline gilbysan

• Bicycle
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #451 on: September 22, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »
Grant,
My pleasure!  Glad that you and your machine are whole again.
See you soon!
Gilbysan
gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline ZXtasy

• Road Bike
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #452 on: September 22, 2018, 09:56:16 pm »
Well today saw an oil change and final drive lube change. If I get ambitious I will get the rear tire changed to a used DUnlop Q3 to match the front and finish out the season. I really like this bike.
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12840
« Reply #453 on: September 23, 2018, 12:30:02 am »
Installed BDF's low fuel warning eliminator. No more mamma Kawa nagging...    :great: :motonoises:
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline spartan1984

• Training Wheels
  • COG#: 12860
« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2018, 07:15:44 pm »
Had the original OEM tires replaced with Michelin Pilot Rod 4 GTs. Holy cow what a difference  :)
spartan

2017 Ducati Supersport S
2014 Kawa Concours

Offline Grant

• HOTROD TRUCKS & BIKES
  • Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12666
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2018, 11:52:23 pm »
Put the fairing extensions back on for winter. Got cold yesterday 34° on my ride to work
2005 C10, 2016 C14 and a work in progress custom V-TWIN pro Street.

Offline Wingedspirit

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12707
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2018, 11:54:11 pm »
Suspension adjusted at Maximum Performance & Handling in Ohio.
Great!

Offline ZXtasy

• Road Bike
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2018, 09:13:30 pm »
Had the original OEM tires replaced with Michelin Pilot Rod 4 GTs. Holy cow what a difference  :)

I can just imagine the smile on your face...
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline Rock

• Road Bike
  • Ride it if you got it!
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 5879
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2018, 11:08:54 pm »
Don't jump on me for an oil thread, just interesting.
Changed oil after 5K easy miles, mostly freeway. Note: this oil change I used a Kawasaki oil filter and even after 5k the oil looked much better than my other oil changes and usually would do at 3-4K. The oil still had a slight "golden appearance".  Been using K&N 303s? that I got a deal on long time ago. I use Rotella T6 oil, have on my bikes since 2003. Really noticeable difference in the oil this change. Could the Kawasaki filter be much better?

Phil
COG5879
2013 C14 "SR71"

Offline Killface

• Tricycle
  • Beer is proof God loves us.
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #459 on: November 22, 2018, 07:19:52 am »
I performed my first tire change and balance (front and rear). After speaking with the fine gents at Avon Tyres, I decided to try the Spirit ST's. Love em'! Major suspension adjustment that dialed in the turns with precision. Changed front brake pads, brake fluid, and clutch fluid. What a difference those made! Holy Smokes! Got my new Laam seat from Seth last week. Took a few miles to get settled into the new feel, how I put my feet down at a stop, and actually having a small bolster at the tailbone to lock you in at high speed is awesome! Feels like the seat that should have come OEM.

Offline Road Runner

• Scooter
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2018, 12:51:02 am »
Radiator leak ... something (e.g., rock) damaged radiator. No radiator guard and no fender extender. Yep, sometimes we (me in this case) learn the hard way.  :'(

Plan to get radiator repaired asap (hopefully this coming week), but before I put it back on I plan to add both a radiator guard AND the front fender extender. While bike it tore down, going to perform a few other things (e.g., replace air filter for one).
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #461 on: November 26, 2018, 01:34:35 pm »
Weather was nice here this weekend {almost 80*} so I invited my nephew and we took both Connie's out for a ride.
Had a great ride!!    :great:

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Bicycle
  • COG#: 12840
« Reply #462 on: November 26, 2018, 03:13:43 pm »
The back is feeling better so I rode Thur, Fri & Sat.  :great: In the mid 50's.
Friday I rode to Performance Cycles (Centennial, CO) to see if they had any good Black Friday deals. $55 off on Olympia Airglide 5 jackets. Got one in "If you can't see me now you're an f'ing idiot" yellow. Been wanting this for 4 months.
Prep'ed a set of 14 year old PIAA 1100X halogen driving lights to put on the bike. They are really bright. They were on my WRX for 9 years so disassembled, cleaned the crud off, sanded the housings and chromed bezels down and painted them gloss black (C14 is black). Now just waiting on screws and spacers to arrive to try out an under mirror mount idea I have.
About a month ago I installed a GearBrake module. It adds a 5 light pulse then steady on feature to the brake lights and also senses when you let off the throttle and activates the brake lights the same way from engine braking. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ODR69QK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:57:53 pm by MtnRider »
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline gilbysan

• Bicycle
  • Ride Like the Wind!
  • COG#: 12764
« Reply #463 on: November 26, 2018, 09:41:36 pm »
Looks like many have been busy doing stuff to their Connies...You know, the more times you take off the plastic, the easier it becomes. Keep saying that to yourself...

I started to wire in a small Red LED on an articulated little arm on the left side controls so that at night I could more easily see the High/Low Switch and the Windshield Switch.  I have found it harder to find them at night with heavy gloves on and sometimes mistake the windshield lift for the Hi/Lo or Vise' Versa.

While doing this I decided to extend the Battery ground to the Chassis back by the Tool Case so I pulled off the right access panel to get to the Battery and found that one of the ground eye leads that cross over the Battery casing and terminated on the Frame just in front of the Battery casing had broken off so, had to repair that, then ran a nice ground line back to the tool box area and anchored it under the Rear Brake res. bolt and put other grounds there as well. 

Back to the LED on the left control stock- then I remembered that I had bought a couple waterproof little 12V rocker switches that I intended to wire into Accessories like the Little Red LED, the Switch would glow Red when energized. 

A plug for and Posi-Cons products.  I sure do like these little butt joint devices that make it easy to splice two lengths of wire of similar gauge. I cover them with Adhesive Shrink Tube once I verify all is good.  Anyway, now figuring out how to nicely wire in the switch, actually two switches one for expansion for something I will inevitably will need.  I made 3/4" circular holes just above the Glove box to house the switches and they have a small squared key on one side to keep the switch from spinning, so filed that in the ABS. Now I need to remember how to tire a switch in like this one, oh YouTube? Once that is done I can test again and see how my little light will function on the road, at night, in the dark.
Photos to follow.
Cheers!
Gilbysan

gilbysan

“In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra

Offline gpd323

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #464 on: November 27, 2018, 10:37:30 pm »
I always do a grounding mod on all the bikes and cars. I add additional grounds off the battery to the chassis.

On the cars, to the tranny, the intake, the chassis. Not all of them off the battery, but from the chassis to strategic points
Greg Downing
Beautiful Downtown Spanaway
Washington State

Ride while you can.

Offline stallhorn

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2018, 01:19:02 pm »
Installed TopBlock tip over protection on my 2018. Hope I don't have to find out how effective it is :)
2018 C14
2011 Versys 650 - sold

Offline Bueller

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12893
« Reply #466 on: November 29, 2018, 12:09:02 am »
Soldered in the rear Tpms battery today, along with replacing the glove box lid that the PO hamfisted and broke the latch off of...was gonna replace the clutch fluid, but decided to wait until the VIN gets inspected. I’ll be blowing it apart after that to adjust valves anyways, and I’ll be able to get to the bleeder easily.

Frank

Offline Just Cliff

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9547
  • Membership Level: Event Host
« Reply #467 on: November 29, 2018, 11:49:36 pm »
Just the usual routine, mounted up a new set of tires.  :motonoises:
Cliff
2008 Concours, 200,000 miles & counting. 
2014 1000 V Strom

Offline Jim

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 12895
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2018, 01:05:44 am »
First post for a new member!   This is a great site - a great resource while researching how to buy a C14.  Picked up a 2015 with 4400 miles last week.  Oh, what a machine!

Installed an Admore 8” lightbar below the license plate today.  Have had one on my BMW for the last year and enjoy the piece of mind it provides. 
2015 Black C14
2001 BMW R1100R
1992 Honda Nighthawk 750

Offline Road Runner

• Scooter
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2018, 02:48:19 am »
First post for a new member!   This is a great site - a great resource while researching how to buy a C14.  Picked up a 2015 with 4400 miles last week.  Oh, what a machine!

Installed an Admore 8” lightbar below the license plate today.  Have had one on my BMW for the last year and enjoy the piece of mind it provides.

:great: Welcome to COG and enjoy that new-to-you machine; know you are and will !!!
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Jim

• Big Wheels
  • COG#: 12895
« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2018, 12:05:00 pm »

:great: Welcome to COG and enjoy that new-to-you machine; know you are and will !!!

Thank you! 
2015 Black C14
2001 BMW R1100R
1992 Honda Nighthawk 750