Author Topic: ZX-14 Brembo Caliper/Rotor Fitment  (Read 236 times)

Offline Christopher

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
ZX-14 Brembo Caliper/Rotor Fitment
« on: May 22, 2019, 07:00:13 pm »
Hey ya'll!
Has anyone bothered doing the research whether they will work on a C14 with our linked brakes? A buddy has a 16 ZX-14 and i was like hmmmm...  Lol

Most of the time my brakes are sufficient for me but a few times I've needed more. Already swapped in EBC HH pads on the front,  flushed fluid front and rear. How much braking is actually applied in the rear when you're on the front? Progressive? Maybe i can install the HH's on the rear as well and check it out.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:10:25 pm by Christopher »

Offline Road Runner

• Road Bike
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: ZX-14 Brembo Caliper/Rotor Fitment
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:15:55 pm »
Hey ya'll!
Has anyone bothered doing the research whether they will work on a C14 with our linked brakes? A buddy has a 16 ZX-14 and i was like hmmmm...  Lol

Most of the time my brakes are sufficient for me but a few times I've needed more. Already swapped in EBC HH pads on the front,  flushed fluid front and rear. How much braking is actually applied in the rear when you're on the front? Progressive? Maybe i can install the HH's on the rear as well and check it out.

I've installed EBC HHs on both the front and rear and appreciate the extra braking. I "feel" like the rear grabs much better now when I apply "only" rear brake for slow-speed maneuvers.
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 02:30:24 am »
I don't see any reason to change these brakes, I almost always use one finger  :)) :73: 
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405

Offline The Pope

• Crotch Rocket
  • North Carolina AAD
  • COG#: 9994
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 09:07:39 am »
Go for it! Then wright up a review.  :great:
The Pope
2011 Atomic Silver C-14 (aka TheImprovedSilverDammit)

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." (Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.)

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:27:42 pm »
The answer to this is a "Yes" on the rotor.   The rotor is a 310mm, just like our original rotors, but it is .5mm thicker.  6mm as opposed to our stock 5.5.  I have these on my 14.  Maybe a little more smooth than my stock rotors, but not really worth changing unless you need rotors.

The calipers are a "no"   That Brembo m50 is a nice caliper, but it uses the European 100mm spacing.  We need 108mm, so you would need the zx14se forks to make that switch happen. 
Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 09:02:37 pm »
I don't see any reason to change these brakes, I almost always use one finger  :)) :73:

I agree, that using 1 finger has been known to work "as you approach/cross intersection's" but it has also been known to cause fights..   :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline Christopher

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:04:04 pm »
The answer to this is a "Yes" on the rotor.   The rotor is a 310mm, just like our original rotors, but it is .5mm thicker.  6mm as opposed to our stock 5.5.  I have these on my 14.  Maybe a little more smooth than my stock rotors, but not really worth changing unless you need rotors.

The calipers are a "no"   That Brembo m50 is a nice caliper, but it uses the European 100mm spacing.  We need 108mm, so you would need the zx14se forks to make that switch happen.

Thank you  :-)

Offline cuda

• Crotch Rocket
  • Ignorance Is Bliss.
  • COG#: 11405
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:22 pm »

I agree, that using 1 finger has been known to work "as you approach/cross intersection's" but it has also been known to cause fights..   :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Right Ted same finger :lol_hitting:
We have invented the world WE see .
It takes 20 years  to build a reputation and 5 minutes to lose it...   - Cog 11405