Author Topic: What have your done to your C14 today  (Read 61114 times)

Offline Christopher

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: What have your done to your C14 today
« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2019, 10:27:57 pm »
Tupperware back on! No extra fasteners lol Took me about an hour, not bad for the 1st time. I was fretting it...

Offline mirage

• Tricycle
  • Walking stick
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #551 on: April 06, 2019, 11:09:48 pm »
Have speed bleeders (not installed). Installed tank protector and ordered Canyon Cages. Installed Ram mount for cell phone. Looking forward to seeing how accurate the speedo is.
On my 2012 it's way off.  Like 4 mph off at an indicated 65 mph.
My 2014 appears to be off by 2 mph at 70.  :)
Dan
2004 ZRX
2006 KLR
2014 Concours

Offline Bikejunkie1013

• Moped
  • COG#: 8620
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #552 on: April 07, 2019, 02:11:56 am »
I rode my C-14 today. First time since January.

Then it got a bath and a coat of Surf City Speed Demon spray wax. Makes the faster green even faster....
2015 GREEN C-14
2013 Ninja 1000 Black and White
2016 Versys 1000 Green
2003 ZRX1200r Red,1988 KLR250
1985 GPZ 900r Red

Offline TireguyfromMA

• Tricycle
  • The second mouse gets the cheese
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12669
« Reply #553 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:31 pm »
Took the 7yr old Yuasa battery out, cleaned up the connections and replaced it with a new SHORAI LFX battery.  Superlight, only 3lbs, compared to the 12 lbs Yuasa, 310CCA vs 210.  The Yuasa is a great battery, I've used them in all my other bikes over the years but I just had to try out the SHORAI.  Noticable difference when the bike cranks over, and no problem charging it up with the Battery Tender. 
2010 C14. ECU Flash by Shodabeen, Sargent seat, Pathfinder LED kit, Darla Clearwater driving lights on forks, bearings on shift lever.
2002 Honda ST1100
1998 Honda VFR800 with A&A Supercharger..yee ha
1975 Honda CB125S.  Restored. The "S" is for slow.

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Scooter
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12840
« Reply #554 on: April 07, 2019, 10:19:35 pm »
Been a busy weekend.
Friday: Went to Bitchn Stitchn in Lakewood CO and they reformed the seat to fit my butt for better support and comfort. When I put some more miles on it I will start a new thread with a review.
Saturday: Been 10 years since I've changed a set of MC tires. This turned out to be a not fun exercise. In a previous thread on the HF tire changer I mentioned I had seen a video of a guy using a duck head on a bar and it looked like it worked well. My attempt did not. By the time I gave up on that experiment I was tired. Went back to tire irons and got the front tire changed but it was a chore for me. Little practice, probably poor technique, cool stiff tires and old tired muscles....
Sunday: Changed the rear tire with the tire irons. Last sentence above still fit.     :(   :D    I need somebody to teach me how to do this properly!!

So a new set of Shinko 016 Verge 2X are on. Both are balanced with the same amount of weight in the same spots as the PR4 GTs that just came off. Of course I took the old weights off prior to mounting the new tires just to put new ones on in the same spots.....  Went for a 10 minute test ride and all feels good, holding air and WOW, what a difference in feel. Didn't realize what I was not getting with the old tires.

I'm tired. Time for another beer.    :beerchug:
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline Chuck

• Certified Curmudgeon
  • Tricycle
« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2019, 12:41:16 am »
Installed a Fuzeblock to clean up connections for battery tender, driving lights, GPS power and a USB port.

I ended up using some 3M hook/loop and a zip tie to attach it to the charcoal canister(?) under the right side. Easy access to battery and close to whatever accessories I will install.

Cleaned last year's bugs off. Time to start a new collection.
2016 ZG1400 Black
Corbin seat; V&H CS One exhaust; T-Rex lowering links, forks raised 1"; Murph's risers, wedges, fender extender and rear hugger; Bunch 'o RAM mounts

Offline luv2fly

• Road Bike
« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2019, 11:53:33 pm »
Went to take my wife out to eat Saturday.  Promised we'd take the Harley because its more comfortable for her.  Despite being on a tender all winter and zero issues last year, battery was dead as a door stop.

HOWEVER >:D  The Concours fired up like I'd just shut it off. :rotflmao:

She got along just fine and stopped complaining when the appetizer showed up. :great:
Loud pipes save lives but helmet laws suck - Its a safety issue

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2019, 12:23:23 am »
Went to take my wife out to eat Saturday.  Promised we'd take the Harley because its more comfortable for her.  Despite being on a tender all winter and zero issues last year, battery was dead as a door stop.

HOWEVER >:D  The Concours fired up like I'd just shut it off. :rotflmao:

She got along just fine and stopped complaining when the appetizer showed up. :great:

I should have had mine on a "render"...did show full chrge, but just the  same, the batt  pulled outlast year, which was charged, sittin on the bench, was perfect...

i'm charging the one on bike now....

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline ZXtasy

• Street Cruiser
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2019, 03:24:36 pm »
Rode it to work...12 miles. April 10th and still only 32 degrees at 630 Am, a good 10 below average, but who cares!!
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline LinuxGuyGary

• Black & Green... The fastest Color
  • Mini Bike
  • COG#: 12089
« Reply #559 on: April 15, 2019, 02:31:10 pm »
I've been saving my pop bottle money,  and finally pulled the trigger.  Added my Top Block tip over protection including the front axle sliders and single swingarm slider (single because the other side has been known to cause muffler damage). 

A couple of things ..

• Thanks Murph !   for the super fast delivery and for stocking this stuff   :great:
  • These are very strong and really look like they will do the job.
  • If you are considering these, Don't be intimidated about cutting the holes in the lower fairings, the process is very easy and if you follow the directions,  it would be hard to get these wrong.   I used an inexpensive 1" hole saw.

2011 C14 Black-n-Green

Eastern Utah

Offline MtnRider

• Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, one of the fluffy f****rs wonders off and gets into some sh*t...
  • Scooter
  • COG#: 12840
« Reply #560 on: April 15, 2019, 02:46:58 pm »
Cleaned the brake rotor buttons.
2015 Black C14
It works ok, I'm going to improve it. It works better, I'm going to improve it. It works great, I'm going to imp.... Sh*t, I broke it!!!

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
  • kiss philosophy gets it done quicker and simpler
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2019, 04:17:30 pm »
Looked at it in the garage with most of the fairing off due to damn mice chewing up my wiring under the tank, with a sad look on my face.
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125

Offline luv2fly

• Road Bike
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2019, 11:36:23 pm »
Took both wheels off.  Going to the local shop tomorrow to get rubber spooned off and put new batteries in the TPMS.  Hope to have her back on the road before dinner.

Lift
Loud pipes save lives but helmet laws suck - Its a safety issue

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #563 on: April 24, 2019, 04:07:07 pm »
Last year I had a fall at a rally while going down a drive way using the front brake. The drive way had some what bigger rocks than I would have used and slightly damp.  I was going slow, both feet out when the front wheel locked. I must have been going too slow for the ABS. Any way I could not hold the bike up right and scratched some paint.  My paint guy who used to work auto body found some paint, A Mazda color which needed more metal flake added that is pretty darn close to the 09 red. Got everything back on. While the bike was down for paint, I set the tire sensors off to Fred Harmon and had the batteries replaced. Run good now.  I was glad I had some of Murph's well nuts. It seems like there a couple that need to replaced every time the fairing comes off.
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline Gscott

• Mini Bike
  • 09 C14
  • COG#: 12413
« Reply #564 on: April 25, 2019, 11:22:53 am »
Tim could you get the code number for the Mazda paint my 09 has a couple of chips I would to touch up?

Offline joliver

• Moped
    • My former biking days.
  • COG#: 10420
« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2019, 01:04:48 am »
I bought insurance for the season - live in Canada (North-East BC) and now we have a freaking snow warning. Probably not going to happen in town but don't even think of going over the passes. Because I am now a senior my insurance went from$739 to $523 for 6 months. My new tires should be in the Kawasaki dealer's shop by now. Phoning in the morning to arrange a time to install them. Love it when a plan comes together.

15 1400 ABS
02 Connie Purchased used after a 35 year break.
75 Suzuki GT 550
72 Suzuki T500
69 Suzuki 250

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12916
« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2019, 03:34:03 pm »
I installed these deer whistle, radar antenna, GPs clamps. All in one unit... Pretty slick!

Seriously, my neighbor asked what I was doing, that's what I told him. "Oh nice" LOL
New fender extender..no screws of course.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:16:31 am by Tundra »

Offline JerBear

• Road Bike
  • COG#: 12777
« Reply #567 on: April 27, 2019, 10:43:08 pm »
Didn't do it today but since Wednesday I changed the coolant, got the vacuum hoses installed on the Throttle Body and Flushed all of the Brake/Clutch fluid and Re-installed the old secondary fly plates so I can get  my ECU Flashed by SISF when I get my coins stacked high enough..

I'll be synching the Throttle Body later this week.....too much new snow to drive >:(
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
« Reply #568 on: April 28, 2019, 10:41:12 pm »
Finished my Fenda-Extenda...had to scrape off the ABS plastic adhesive (didn't work) and re-apply what has worked for me in the past on three bikes. I refuse to drill holes in a Concours and put screws in the fender.

Can barely see it, which I like. Hopefully it will keep all the small stones/sand out of my radiator. I think it will serve it's purpose well.

Then installed my new grips over my heated grips, heat still works well. Royal PITA to get on, especially the throttle side.

Needed to cut the ends off.

I have large hands and the skinny little grips were to small diameter and too hard on long rides.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 10:49:07 pm by Tundra »

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #569 on: April 29, 2019, 12:23:37 am »
Finished my Fenda-Extenda...had to scrape off the ABS plastic adhesive (didn't work) and re-apply what has worked for me in the past on three bikes. I refuse to drill holes in a Concours and put screws in the fender.

Can barely see it, which I like. Hopefully it will keep all the small stones/sand out of my radiator. I think it will serve it's purpose well.

Then installed my new grips over my heated grips, heat still works well. Royal PITA to get on, especially the throttle side.

Needed to cut the ends off.

I have large hands and the skinny little grips were to small diameter and too hard on long rides.

Super job Tundra! That fender extender looks familiar  :great:
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2019, 09:43:17 am »
Thanks again, rest assured it has found a good home and will see many happy scenic miles :great:

Offline Eric

• Bicycle
« Reply #571 on: April 29, 2019, 01:01:19 pm »
I flushed my brake systems.  Only 3,600 miles on the bike, but it was a new left over 2012 so the fluid was far from new.
2012 Concours - My new baby!
2012 CBR1000 - mostly my son's bike, but a fun ride!
1985 V65 Sabre - died in collision with a trailer
1983 CB650 - died in a head on with a 77 thunderbird
1981 KL250 - ridden to death

Offline nolo contendre

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12727
« Reply #572 on: May 09, 2019, 12:33:11 pm »
Front suspension re-valve/re-spring with Traxion Dynamics; Steering head bearing replaced; Coolant flush; Hella Supertone horn install (nice and loud); changed oil/filter; Delkevic slip-on installed (sounds fantastic!); New rear tire; worked overtime to pay for all this stuff.  34 degrees and rain today, so might as well do maintenance.   
All things being equal, I'd rather be riding

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
« Reply #573 on: May 09, 2019, 10:31:07 pm »
Some nice improvements!! Sure it sounds great, looks better too.

Offline Hexrays

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12889
« Reply #574 on: May 09, 2019, 10:59:58 pm »
I installed these deer whistle, radar antenna, GPs clamps. All in one unit... Pretty slick!

Seriously, my neighbor asked what I was doing, that's what I told him. "Oh nice" LOL
New fender extender..no screws of course.

I used Permatex Plastic Bond to attach my Fenda. No screws also. So far so good.....
2014 C14, Risers, Cee Bailey Windshield, Givi Top case, GTR Ultra Series LED's, PIAA Sports Horns, Kuryakyn Passenger ISO Pegs.