Author Topic: What have your done to your C14 today  (Read 60955 times)

Online HeavyRotation

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: What have your done to your C14 today
« Reply #700 on: August 16, 2019, 03:14:43 am »
Removed and shipped ECU to SISF for the AP Flash which im hoping works well with my recently  installed full Delkeic 4-1. Also realized i probably somewhat overtorqued my header nuts, manual says 13 lbft, yikes. I guess if the studs didnt snap it's probably fine....? Oh, Gilbysan, everyone knows the secret to long clutch life is rolling burnouts and Rotella.  :beerchug:

Please keep us updated on your Flash and header thoughts.
Seen where several have installed the Delkevic system, but don't recall seeing a ride report.
Particularly interested in your thoughts with the Delks. before and after the flash.

Ride safe, Ted
Will do. Steve got me flashed today, hoping to have it back by the weekend for a vigorous Sunday flog. I feel the bike runs better with the exhaust installed than it did stock, can't wait to see what the flash does. Steve said he's already slightly tweaked it from the AP flash based on reports from the first two adopters. If you're local NW I'd be happy to let you ride it.
I like sheds and ninjas.

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #701 on: August 16, 2019, 12:33:41 pm »
Bring it to the COG National next year {in Vancouver Washington} and we can compare bikes.
I have ZX-14 headers and Steve's Mountain Runner Premium Flash on mine.

But more importantly; Come ride with us!!!

Ride safe, Ted
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again!!

Offline gilbysan

• Moped
  • The Fat Ninja Rides Again!
  • COG#: 12764
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #702 on: August 16, 2019, 01:11:02 pm »
Grant,
Brother, I hear you; mine is a daily rider as well, and you know how the traffic is around the Sound.  Lately, I have been riding from Carnation to Auburn/Puyallup each day taking 18/167/512 both directions and will sometimes do the 405/167/512 to see how the other half of people who travel on our roads, if you can call that living...
18 is not much stop and go since I am against the traffic flow in both directions.  405 does not matter which way you are going there is a lot of clutch work in and out up and down the gears.  I am not aware of any adjustment to the clutch other than fluid levels and the aforementioned parts replacement that I just went through, but if you know of something, please let me know.
Finally, did I read from Connie Rider that the next National is in Vancouver, WA?  WoooHooo! That is great news.
Take care!
Gilbysan

gilbysan

Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Online HeavyRotation

• Mini Bike
« Reply #703 on: August 17, 2019, 03:09:34 am »
Bring it to the COG National next year {in Vancouver Washington} and we can compare bikes.
I have ZX-14 headers and Steve's Mountain Runner Premium Flash on mine.

But more importantly; Come ride with us!!!

Ride safe, Ted

I sure hope to be there, God willing, I'm very close by.
I like sheds and ninjas.

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
    • 2 Hearts for Integrity Ministries
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12399
« Reply #704 on: August 17, 2019, 03:22:19 am »
Replaced the Two Brothers exhaust w/ an Area P one. Ready to roll again ... Yee ha!
David L. Hamil
Athens/Decatur/Huntsvile, AL area
'13 ZG1400 "Metallic Spark Black"

Offline 2andBlue

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2019, 04:52:25 pm »
RR,
You are referring to a Two Brothers to Area P Slip-On swap out yes?  Is Area P CF Or SS?  First thoughts on sound / performance?

Been on a repeatedly pushed out :( waiting list for a Full Area P Exhaust system.

Offline ZXtasy

• Street Cruiser
  • It rides the bike or it gets the lotion!
  • COG#: 12569
« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2019, 09:29:32 pm »
Installed a fresh set of Dunlop Roadsmart III's, 190-55 rear. Ready to see how they feel and get them scuffed at the Ride The Ribbon Rally. They mounted fairly easy in the heat and balanced out really nice.
2013 ZG-1400, 2005 ZX-10R (Nekkid), 2012 TW-200, 1999 TW-200....and more to come.

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
« Reply #707 on: August 17, 2019, 10:05:44 pm »
Replaced the Two Brothers exhaust w/ an Area P one. Ready to roll again ... Yee ha!

Woo hoo ... w/ both the new Area P exhaust and Steve's MRP flash that back has "it's groove" (it's zip") back; wow. That tells me the importance of re-packing your slip-on periodically. Although a hot ride today, it was really a blast out riding again today.  :great:
David L. Hamil

Online HeavyRotation

• Mini Bike
« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2019, 02:05:37 am »
 :))Reinstalled my ECU and went for a 2.5 hour assessment flog. Im not disappointed at all. Bike feels like it Shoodaben from the factory, total beast. Anyone on the fence needs to send their ECU to Steve ASAP. I'm running the full Delkevik with 18" SS silencer and Area P flash. The bike now feels/runs like a big bore sportbike with dialed fueling. Surfing the torque from 3-6k makes quick smooth work of the tight stuff and wfo is not necessary to flatten the eyeballs on the straighter bits.
I like sheds and ninjas.

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
« Reply #709 on: August 20, 2019, 04:55:34 pm »
:))Reinstalled my ECU and went for a 2.5 hour assessment flog. Im not disappointed at all. Bike feels like it Shoodaben from the factory, total beast. Anyone on the fence needs to send their ECU to Steve ASAP. I'm running the full Delkevik with 18" SS silencer and Area P flash. The bike now feels/runs like a big bore sportbike with dialed fueling. Surfing the torque from 3-6k makes quick smooth work of the tight stuff and wfo is not necessary to flatten the eyeballs on the straighter bits.

Haha; well said !
David L. Hamil

Online HeavyRotation

• Mini Bike
« Reply #710 on: August 22, 2019, 01:29:47 am »
Changed oil and filter today, 4.7 quarts of Rotella T6 goodness in her. I figure to run 5k on that unless it starts looking real ugly. Anyone here done a Blackstone analysis on longer oil intervals?
I like sheds and ninjas.

Offline Grasshopper

• Bicycle
  • COG#: 9961
« Reply #711 on: August 22, 2019, 07:02:54 pm »
Installed the wiring harness for a new Garmin Zumo. Had a previous model and liked it a lot, but when the USB broke I sent it in for repair and the USPS lost it. I didn't have insurance, got $100 out of them though, lesson learned.

Offline wayne-o

• Bicycle
  • More Testarossa than Transformers
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12890
« Reply #712 on: August 23, 2019, 02:11:02 pm »
I just now bolt a hard case to the luggage rack. It is a simple black plastic case from The Container Store.  I put door stops on the passenger grabrails , to prevent the case from touching the seat , then tightened the  J-Bolts. This the same case I had over the passenger seat of my FZ1 . I only had to carve 2 holes a little larger
The Urban Ballet with millimeters to spare

Offline Nickrides

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #713 on: August 25, 2019, 04:14:35 pm »
Gents
I've got 4000 miles on my 2014 Black C-14 now.
What fun
Got that bike with 11k on it.
Its in my shop now for some TLC
Gonna get a ECU Flash from Steve, ECU got mailed yesterday
Oil Change
Ordered a set of Dunlop Road Smart 3 tires , Michelin 4's are done, liked those tires BTW.
Advanced touring Bar Backs
Beadrider seat cover
Ordered some thicker bar grips too.

Did a 410 mile western Colorado loop friday, Bike runs great! I like the brakes and the power, the shifting is good.
Curious to ride it after the ECU upgrade and new tires, seat cover and bar backs and grips installed..
Roll on Alabama

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Moped
  • "SPORT" tourer
  • COG#: 12916
« Reply #714 on: August 25, 2019, 07:13:14 pm »
It will feel like a new bike all over again. Every time I get new tires I smile, thinking I didn't know they were that bad. Couple that with an ECU flash and it will better than a new bike!!

Offline Road Runner

• Street Cruiser
  • Beep! Beep! ... YeeHa!
« Reply #715 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »
It will feel like a new bike all over again. Every time I get new tires I smile, thinking I didn't know they were that bad. Couple that with an ECU flash and it will better than a new bike!!

Amen to that !  :great:
David L. Hamil

Offline Jethrobolas

• Big Wheels
« Reply #716 on: August 28, 2019, 12:31:41 am »
Fresh engine oil and filter, fresh differential oil and a wash. 240 mile round trip for work tomorrow 😎

Offline gilbysan

• Moped
« Reply #717 on: August 30, 2019, 01:24:05 am »
Coggers,
Odo tripped over 30,000 today.  28K of those are mine since January 2018.  Been a nice 18 months of riding, 2 trips to CA, one southern, one mid, and lots of shorter rides in the PNW.  What great bikes Connies are!
I think I will wash her and add a coat of wax to the other coats of wax on her already.
Safe Riding!
Gilbysan aka Fat Ninja
gilbysan

Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Offline gilbysan

• Moped
« Reply #718 on: August 30, 2019, 01:35:17 am »
Forgot to mention, about a month ago I changed to a Sargent World Seat, the lower sport model.  It is a firm seat, much firmer than the stock model with the CarbonFX (their marketecture term) vinyl.  At first I did not like it because it is slipperier compared to the stock seat.  After a bit though it is not so bad because it does not rotate my crotch forward and cause my jewels to get under me, which is a singularly uncomfortable position on a long ride.  As far as comfort goes compared to stock after 2K+miles on it to CA and back I can't tell you that it is a better seat for long rides than the stock seat, but it is different.  The lower profile makes it a bit easier to get flat on the ground, but again, not that much different that the stock seat.

For the record I am 5'9", 150#, 32" inseam so its not like I am making a seat work really hard to carry me around.  Just sayin'
Cheers!
Gilbysan aka- Fat Ninja
gilbysan

Offline Jethrobolas

• Big Wheels
« Reply #719 on: August 30, 2019, 08:41:21 am »
Forgot to mention, about a month ago I changed to a Sargent World Seat, the lower sport model.  It is a firm seat, much firmer than the stock model with the CarbonFX (their marketecture term) vinyl.  At first I did not like it because it is slipperier compared to the stock seat.  After a bit though it is not so bad because it does not rotate my crotch forward and cause my jewels to get under me, which is a singularly uncomfortable position on a long ride.  As far as comfort goes compared to stock after 2K+miles on it to CA and back I can't tell you that it is a better seat for long rides than the stock seat, but it is different.  The lower profile makes it a bit easier to get flat on the ground, but again, not that much different that the stock seat.

For the record I am 5'9", 150#, 32" inseam so its not like I am making a seat work really hard to carry me around.  Just sayin'
Cheers!
Gilbysan aka- Fat Ninja
Yeah, not real impressed with the sargent low cut that came on mine. The stocker must be really bad cause the one on there now definitely trys to slide my skin from butt cheeks up onto my back. Obviously the twins follow as they are tethered to the whole lot out back that is migrating north. After the riding season is over I believe I’m going to remove the seat cover and add/shape some latex foam onto the existing foam to try and reduce/remove the “connie slide”. Seems to be plenty of room, lots of seat cover not even touching the foam beneath when you’re not mounted on it. Admittedly, my can is a bit sore from the 4 hours a day the last couple days. Jumping back on it today, new jobsite, 180 mile round trip. Then this weekend I’m trailering my 96 vmax to southern Indiana for some holiday riding (I am a laborer) with momma. Ride till the right before the sun drops then some fungi for enhanced stargazing and inner exploration😎 Been busting my hump double time this summer between work and home, time to unwind.

Offline Kzz1king

• Tricycle
« Reply #720 on: August 30, 2019, 09:14:08 pm »
I always had trouble with the jewels getting under me. It happened with the stock seat, with the Corbin and with the Corbin with an Airhawk. So  I tried these underwear out. Huge improvement. It keeps the beans and hot dog apart. They also wick out moisture nicely. The ad is a little confusing as not all shown have a seperate jewel pouch. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2ZGR2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wayne

Cheers!
Gilbysan aka- Fat Ninja

Online MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #721 on: August 31, 2019, 12:12:35 am »
 :sign0137: :sign0137: :sign0137: :popcorncouple: :pokestick: :85: :smiley_confused1: :a012:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline gilbysan

• Moped
« Reply #722 on: August 31, 2019, 12:48:19 am »
Jethrobolas, Enjoy your holiday time off dude!  Safe riding! 
Kzz1king, Those look a bit strange at first glance especially with their Metro Sexual model guy, but I have to admit they look functional. I have been using my Mt. Bike riding shorts with gel or faux shammy inserts and they help with the butt pain on long, long days.  Sometimes, I am tempted to tie a string around them so I can pull it all up when needed but that would be way over the top weird I think.  My wife would say that at the end of the day it is no big thing...

Finally, MOB - I have been a CoG member for only a couple of years and do not get many of the TLAs and FLAs, etc. shown by many.  Is there a secret decoder ring I can get my hands on?  A glossary other than Google?  I don't want them to know I am deficient when it comes to these codes...

Cheers everyone! 

Gilbysan

gilbysan

Offline Kzz1king

• Tricycle
« Reply #723 on: August 31, 2019, 01:45:58 am »
2600 miles in 5 days with no re positioning needed. I dont care what they look like. With the jockys I was doing more ball handling than Michael Jordan (name the movie) :) :D

Jethrobolas, Enjoy your holiday time off dude!  Safe riding! 
Kzz1king, Those look a bit strange at first glance especially with their Metro Sexual model guy, but I have to admit they look functional. I have been using my Mt. Bike riding shorts with gel or faux shammy inserts and they help with the butt pain on long, long days.  Sometimes, I am tempted to tie a string around them so I can pull it all up when needed but that would be way over the top weird I think.  My wife would say that at the end of the day it is no big thing...

Finally, MOB - I have been a CoG member for only a couple of years and do not get many of the TLAs and FLAs, etc. shown by many.  Is there a secret decoder ring I can get my hands on?  A glossary other than Google?  I don't want them to know I am deficient when it comes to these codes...

Cheers everyone! 

Gilbysan

Offline 2andBlue

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #724 on: September 02, 2019, 02:19:43 am »
Installed, adjusted and test rode 400 miles Penske 8975 Rear Shock.  Range and multitude of adjustments far superior to stock unit.  95% of riding is with my wife riding pillion, upgraded spring and double adjustability have improved performance in areas of comfort and tracking.