Author Topic: Where to go from here?  (Read 7321 times)

Offline Smokeyzx

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9857
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Where to go from here?
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:38 am »
Good for you, hope that fixes your wrist and elbow issues.

Offline daddykevin

• Mini Bike
    • Smarter Investing
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9739
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 03:54:20 pm »
I certainly understand the logic behind your decision. I too, have considered the benefits of having a larger, more "luxo" bike so that my wife would participate.

As you stated, there is no "one" best bike. Like I tell my daughters, as well as the thousands of High School students that I counsel, "life is about 2 things... compromise and balance."

I'm glad that you're moving to the "compromise" for you. What matters in the end, is that you're still riding.

Best to you!
DaddyKevin
aka Kevin Nichols
Financial Planner/Hedge Fund Manager
Daily Commuter/Motorcycling Savant

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »
Well as patient and accommodating everyone has been I have one more thing. I have come to the conclusion the only perfect scenario is to have both a Connie and a Gold Wing.  The trouble is, I am not rich.  I decided the Gold Wing will be the lesser of the two evils. I left my Connie at the dealer and came home with a Gold Wing.  I don't think it will be as much fun to ride but it will be more comfortable and my wife is much more likely to come along on the Gold Wing.  I think the latter comment was more of the deciding factor.

With that.  I have the stock bar ends, the stock windscreen, the stock rack if anyone would like to PM me we can work a deal.

Thanks again, it was certainly a fun 8 months.

HEY ! Lets see some pics . . . .
No matter where I go, There I am !

Offline ACR_SCOUT

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 06:44:28 pm »
Well as patient and accommodating everyone has been I have one more thing. I have come to the conclusion the only perfect scenario is to have both a Connie and a Gold Wing.  The trouble is, I am not rich.  I decided the Gold Wing will be the lesser of the two evils. I left my Connie at the dealer and came home with a Gold Wing.  I don't think it will be as much fun to ride but it will be more comfortable and my wife is much more likely to come along on the Gold Wing.  I think the latter comment was more of the deciding factor.

With that.  I have the stock bar ends, the stock windscreen, the stock rack if anyone would like to PM me we can work a deal.

Thanks again, it was certainly a fun 8 months.

HEY ! Lets see some pics . . . .

Ok but they are in my junked up garage (KIDS!), another spring thing to do.  Third ride on it, I got caught in the rain.

The picture has a blur in it, no the bike is not already messed up, just my daughter running thru the picture.  Funny thing, now she wants to ride.  She wouldn't even get close to the Connie, said something about it being scary.

2012 Gold Wing

----Use to have----
2011 Concours 14
Cee Baily Ultra Tour
Barend Weights
Shad SL 50
Phil's Rack

Offline JD Cunningham

• Bicycle
  • 2010 C14, 88 KLR650
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9365
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 03:58:59 am »
I came from a 2005 Gold Wing to the C14.  I certainly respect your decision because I really liked the Gold Wing and like you, I would like to own both but am not well off enough to afford that.  I made the opposite choice as you and went with the Connie because I like the sportier handling although the Wing was no slouch for such a big bike. A think a lot of Connie drivers would be surprised at how fast and good handling a newer
Wing is.  That said, I really enjoy the C14 (2010) and hope to someday have a Goldwing too. 
Previous rides: Honda 50 (first bike) 2 Honda 175s; Honda 350, Honda 450, Honda 750A, Yamaha XS1100, Suzuki 1100E, 86 C10, 2005 Gold Wing

Offline Jeremy

• Road Bike
  • I put on my pants for this?!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9899
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 11:47:34 am »
I am looking at the Helibars.  I'd hate to spend that kind of money to be back where I am.  I nice set of handle bars and still have the buzz.

I had the same issue with the C50T which led me to the Connie.

Another option is the LSL setup.  Infinitely adjustable like the HeliBar (except you need to buy new bars for big changes) and the initial price is cheaper.  You can find them here. 

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=130_133&products_id=387

Good luck either way.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:51:55 am by Jeremy »
Kick the tires and light the fires