Author Topic: windscreen fitment  (Read 262 times)

Offline Mr

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
windscreen fitment
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:52 am »
Just purchased a 2015 Concours,can the 2014 windscreen Vstream fit my bike even if I eliminate that vent gismo

Offline bowtie39

• Road Bike
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10014
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: windscreen fitment
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:46:18 am »
Yes it will fit.  If you don't have the black covers, bolts and the flat gasket you will need those to make it work. 
'16 Moondust Gray

Offline Mr

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:08:16 pm »
Its a funny thing because I just got off the phone with the National Windscreens rep and he told me that the 14 and the 15 windscreen brackets are totally different and the 14 would not fit my bike.I found the California Scientific website and they seem to carry one that fits the 15.Anyone have the scientific shield who can spare a comment. Thanks

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:27:48 pm »
I'm assuming you have a '15 by your comment.
All preceeding year screens should fit your bike... the hole mounting pattern is the same, as noted, you have to re use the mounting hardware, and plastic brackets and stiffeners, and rubber bits from your current screen during the mounting process...

The Cal Sci screen, specific to '15+ models, is vented like the OEM, but if you want to do away with the vent, they give additional parts for free, if requested, but I'm sure the OEM PARTS YOU HAVE, will allow mounting a non vented screen  (pre '15).. just leave the vent off...

Now, after looking, in order to mount a pre '15 screen, you may need to buy the sundry parts CalSci offers for free, but still I'm not sure.
Copperdawg's front Cowl/Screen setup, which does mount to a '15, and also to all prior models, use the the pre '15 stuff, so worst case, you spend $50 buying kaw parts, to add on any pre '15 screen available..as the actuator arms are all the same...
These are the parts for mounting a pre '15 screen on a '15-'18 bike...

http://www.copperdawg.com/Summer2016Update/c14page/C14Parts.jpg

Just for reference
Other screens are available also,

https://www.solomotoparts.com/Givi-D407ST-Clear-Windscreen-for-Concours-14-08-09/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw0PTXBRCGARIsAKNYfG0_StiEZLgmSVrUbewQ5Z2GgCTnElY8dCA27RaEq_r7GGQvX3DpNV4aApg4EALw_wcB

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=241

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-body/windshields/national-cycle-vstream-windscreen/p/38316?b=3087922&CRTP=psc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0PTXBRCGARIsAKNYfG3ub1-13Eg9ksl2m8MCQO4n-oi3oGSEHq2I0kEGN5p0QXkNNff6uc8aAspLEALw_wcB

What was noted above, by bowtie, was for the benefit of someone trying to mount a later '15-'18 screen on an earlier bike, if that was the question, that answer would be "you will need to buy all the extra mounting parts from a '15+ model," to mount it on an early bike...

A few people here have gone that route, mounting the '15+ unit with vent, to older models... and they had to by the associated plastic parts and bits to do so, but I don't think they had issue with the mounting holes locations...
I may be wrong, and if so, appologise, but if one of tyhose guys steps up to tell how the accomplished it, it would clarify.

So, my answer is still YES, no issue, going from early to later model, as you have all the parts, you just will have extra parts left over.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:19:09 am by MAN OF BLUES »

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...