Author Topic: wiring  (Read 645 times)

Offline fowler

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
wiring
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »
Could someone tell me the best way to take the back panel off of the bike to get at the turn signal wiring.I am trying to hook up a alarm  wire connectors that hooks into the factory turn signal connectors.If someone has pictures of how to take the panel off that would be a big help

Thanks

Offline CW

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 06:58:48 pm »
When I wired in my rear Admore light bar, here's what I did:
Remove seat.
Remove plastic tool tray (4 bolts).
Pull back foam wire harness holders and wires.
Remove two bolts holding plastic "lid" over area aft of tool tray, foam wire holders, etc.

Look for circuits to turn signals, brake light, and license plate light under there.

I'll try to load a pic, but I am on my wife's iPad, and I am often frustrated when trying to upload pics with it for some reason.

Edit: Nope, I tried...can't add pics with an iPad. Sorry. (anybody know how? It's a 1st gen. iPad)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:10:44 pm by CW »
2010 Neptune blue C-14
2009 KLR
2103 DR-Z400S

Offline fartymarty

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 9712
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »
Just to be clear, the turn signal wires are available under the seat. They're accessible in the black rubber boot which can be seen in this picture guide from Fred Harmon.  (although his goal there was to show the acc. leads not the turn signal wires)

HOWEVER,... if I understand your post correctly, you have a plug and play type alarm system that is adapted to fit the C14 standard connectors and have no desire to splice into the bikes wiring system...and thus have no need of the info I just posted. I posted just in case I'm wrong in this last. I think you'll need to remove the right side cover, here is a Link from Ron Ayers that may show what you need to know. Hopefully someone will be along that can be more helpful.

Offline fowler

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:48:03 pm »
I got it done thanks guys,and now i know what those 2 wires are for that i found that were just sitting there not hook up to anything.