Author Topic: Woo Hoo please read  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Jim

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Woo Hoo please read
« on: January 07, 2015, 02:43:49 am »
Picked up my 13 Coonie today with 4900 miles.  I was buying new and came across this bike.  It looks show room new in Spark black.  Already has the 2 brothers exhaust and throttle Meister. I have rode only Ducati the last 10 years and cannot believe how smooth the bike is,I bought so my wife can ride with me again.  It did not come with an owners manual and can't figure out how to turn off the Eco Mode.  I also need to know where to find an owners manual.  So happy to be part of the club.  I will be in The N Georgia Mountains Saturday (Wolfpen Gap area). So look for me and say hi,,,  Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!!

Offline runnerb0y

• Street Cruiser
  • If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 10517
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Woo Hoo please read
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 03:02:25 am »
Jim,

Congrats!

To toggle ECO mode on and off simply hold the selector (on the clutch side) for 2-3 seconds and you'll see it turn off/on.

Enjoy!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
| COG#: 10517  |  2012 C14 - Candy Arabian Red  | 

Offline gPink

• Iron Butt
  • MMVIII C XIV
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:57:02 am »

Offline mattchewn

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 01:49:02 pm »
Jim,
The eco mode is default off position. Holding in the toggle on the left bar will turn it on and the 2nd ECO symbol will show up on the screen. The first one comes on and off (automatically), as you uselessly try to save fuel on a 2 wheel rocket sled. Forget about the fuel and wind her up !!!!
Matt
2018 H2 SXSE.  (FAT SXSE)
2011 GSX1250 FA
2009 Ninja 500R. (wifes')
2001 Bandit 650  (kids')

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 02:36:53 pm »
Welcome Jim. Quite a few of us around N. GA. Look up members Volcantour and Rock. See you around.
Ron
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline Fais

• It's amazing what one can accomplish if it doesn't matter who gets the credit.
  • Sport Tourer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 03:13:28 pm »
That's right, Eco Mode is 'off' until you switch it on(big block ECO letters - not the little eco logo that comes and goes). The way it works in my head (1st warning) is that every time I make a smooth pass on the interstate it costs me less gas. Wind her up and there is no eco-mode about it.

It's like my '10 holds a gallon more than my '09 did on the same trips at the same speeds. I frequently go exactly 200 miles from Nashville to Knoxville and that's probably the only reason I noticed. Plus the trip computer hovers closer to 45mpg vs 38mpg, same bike and rider - and I'm even fatter now :-X - and carry more stuff than ever before.

I did 3 3rd gear 60mph roll on blasts with another C-14. Same result with or without Eco Mode on. She's fast! ( Daytona Mike's is faster )

Got a ticket for 113mph passing a few 18-wheelers in Wisconsin this year. Honestly thought I was gonna hit 90 and get around them. It happened so fast, in EcoMode, didn't even downshift - $515 and no license in Wisconsin for a few weeks. Lucky I don't live there!

We all have different angles at this stuff - I made 28 fuel stops in 33 days on a trip in my '09! That dang fuel light haunted me and that was before I knew how to get the entire dash to quit blinking. Argh!

Welcome to the forum, the Connie and the many facts, opinions and experiences shared here! There are many things available to make your passenger as comfortable as she would like to be. It's a great bike for a Ducati rider needing passenger amenities. Have fun with it!

1976 BMW R90S (Luna) - 2000 KLR650 (Dirt McGirt) - 2005 SV1000 (Sue) - 2006 Vespa PX150 (Vino Negro) - 2014 C14 (Betty) - 2017 Z125Pro (MiniZ)
Whether you think you can or can't - you're right!
Instagram @ fais_the_photographer

Offline suprPHREAK

• Bicycle
  • Yeah sure, let's go there!
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »
I have rode only Ducati the last 10 years and cannot believe how smooth the bike is,I bought so my wife can ride with me again.

Congrats on the buy! I too went from a Duc ('13 Hyperstrada) to this beast, but I only had the Duc for 6 months, of which it spent 6 weeks in the shop getting fixed. First brand new Duc, last brand new Duc!

Enjoy the Kaw!
2008 C14 (50K)
2014 Hyperstrada (garbage) (4.5K)/2007 ZX14 (104K)/2005 ZX6R (63.5K)
2004 SV650 (30K)/2003 ZZR250 (15K)/1996 VFR750 (15K)
-------
73% of the way to the moon!

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 04:14:22 pm »
That's right, Eco Mode is 'off' until you switch it on(big block ECO letters - not the little eco logo that comes and goes). The way it works in my head (1st warning) is that every time I make a smooth pass on the interstate it costs me less gas. Wind her up and there is no eco-mode about it.

It's like my '10 holds a gallon more than my '09 did on the same trips at the same speeds. I frequently go exactly 200 miles from Nashville to Knoxville and that's probably the only reason I noticed. Plus the trip computer hovers closer to 45mpg vs 38mpg, same bike and rider - and I'm even fatter now :-X - and carry more stuff than ever before.

I did 3 3rd gear 60mph roll on blasts with another C-14. Same result with or without Eco Mode on. She's fast! ( Daytona Mike's is faster )

Got a ticket for 113mph passing a few 18-wheelers in Wisconsin this year. Honestly thought I was gonna hit 90 and get around them. It happened so fast, in EcoMode, didn't even downshift - $515 and no license in Wisconsin for a few weeks. Lucky I don't live there!

We all have different angles at this stuff - I made 28 fuel stops in 33 days on a trip in my '09! That dang fuel light haunted me and that was before I knew how to get the entire dash to quit blinking. Argh!

Welcome to the forum, the Connie and the many facts, opinions and experiences shared here! There are many things available to make your passenger as comfortable as she would like to be. It's a great bike for a Ducati rider needing passenger amenities. Have fun with it!

Hi,
        OUCH!!! $515? Oh I'd hate to face my wife after that one! One of my fears no doubt! ;D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline Skiee

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11459
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 08:37:22 pm »
Welcome to the addiction, Jim!!  :motonoises:
2009 Concours 14 (Francis)
AMA# 3044870
CDA# 510

Offline Jim

• Tricycle
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 12:55:25 am »
Thank you everyone!!!! I drank the Italian cool aid for so long. No lie the fit and finish beets DUC  hands down and so happy to not pay $22,000 for a bike!   I have 2 Ducati's left if you want them :). Diavel and Multistrada.

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 01:18:28 am »
Thank you everyone!!!! I drank the Italian cool aid for so long. No lie the fit and finish beets DUC  hands down and so happy to not pay $22,000 for a bike!   I have 2 Ducati's left if you want them :). Diavel and Multistrada.

Hi,
        Wow! I love my C14,but I'd love a Multistrada for backup!!! ;D >:D >:D >:D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline lars

• Bicycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12204
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 03:05:39 am »
Jim,

Congrats on the very intelligent choice.  You and your wife will love it (get the passenger footpeg extenions).

L