Author Topic: YET ANOTHER DEALER SCREW UP!!!!  (Read 1091 times)

Offline steviej

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
YET ANOTHER DEALER SCREW UP!!!!
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »
Just got my '08 Connie back from a local repair shop, not the Kawasaki dealer.  A few weeks back while I was riding I could not engage my rear brake, the pedal would not move at all and there was no rear brake action.  I called my local Kawasaki dealer here in metro Atlanta (Primo Powersports) to ask the head of service dept. about my brakes and if there was anything he could do, he said no and hung up the phone.  I was really surprised that he hung up but even more surprised that they didn't even want the business to fix my bike.  I took it to a local racing bike tuner/repair shop and he was eager to fix it.  What he found was water had gotten into the brake fluid system and rust/corrosion locked up the calipers in the rear and more damaging was the water getting into the ABS system regulator which had to be taken apart and flushed repeatedly.  The bill for this cost me $500.00 because of all the labor.  What makes this even better is last winter I had a winter service job done on the bike by Primo Powersports which they put all new fluids in the breaks and clutch and changed the oil.  The water in my brake system was put in during that service, and I would be dreaming that he would make good on my troubles if I explained what happened.  The first time I went to Primo was to ask him how to fix a noisy vibration in my instrument cluster, their answer to me was to grease the speedometer cable and that would fix the vibration.  Needless to say these guys are a bunch of TARDS and they will NEVER see my bike as long as I own it.

Sorry for the rant,

Steve johnston
Eddy Vedder (Pearl Jam) once said:
"there should only be one commandment, and that is, DON'T BE AN a******!!!!"

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: YET ANOTHER DEALER SCREW UP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »
Bummer steviej...

My bet is that the screw "TARDS" at the dealership used brake fluid from an already opened/unsealed container that they had lying around the shop.
There's a reason why most manuals say "Use only DOT 4 brake fluid from a SEALED container"...

Although it cost you some cash, I'm glad you found someone who got you fixed up & it sounds like they did the job right.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:08:09 pm by LakeTrax »

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7134
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »
What a shame. Sorry you had this trouble. That makes having really good and honest dealers that much more valuable and should be cherished. Yeah, I do not think my bike would go back there either. 

Offline Pistole

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »
water had gotten into the brake fluid system and rust/corrosion locked up the calipers in the rear and more damaging was the water getting into the ABS system regulator which had to be taken apart and flushed repeatedly

- what is this "ABS system regulator" that you speak of.

- and which part of the ABS system can be "taken apart and flushed repeatedly".

Offline cklamer

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10495
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »
Yeah my locale shop likes to shove the knife deeper in to my back every so often.
I had the fuel pump problem but would they listen to me and check the fuel pump NO!
They had to immediately blame the new exhaust pipe an the PCV-Autotune. That has to be my problem.
So had to take it to my Dyno Tuner where we put it on the dyno and it repeated th exact same problem with or without the PCV hooked up.
Took the bike back after spending that money and they immediately said oh we will get that fixed right up and of course it was the fuel pump.

So i told them they should have to put my PCV/Autotune back on at no charge and the guy says we can do that.
So while I was out of town I let them put it back in and when I went to pick it up they had charged me for the install and I told him what had been said.
He says well that's not our problem and we would never do that.

But this isn't even a locally owned shop they are a chain with other locations so they are trained to screw the customer.

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 08:25:24 pm »
[- what is this "ABS system regulator" that you speak of.

- and which part of the ABS system can be "taken apart and flushed repeatedly"..

I assumed he was implying the ABS hydraulic unit under the fuel tank... :017:

Offline Pistole

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:32:40 pm »
- i know that.

- but thought that it would be better to give him the benefit of the doubt.

- that ABS unit CANNOT be taken apart.

Offline LakeTrax

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 08:54:27 pm »
- that ABS unit CANNOT be taken apart.

True... But it can be removed, cleaned, and flushed.
I know those aren't stevie's actual words, but again... I'm just ASSUMING that was the actual repair procedure-

Offline Bruiser

• Bruiser
  • Sport Tourer
  • kiss philosophy gets it done quicker and simpler
  • AREA: Northwest Area
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 09:58:05 pm »
Oh boy, another stealership thread! Here is my story. In July '12, I bought a brand new C14 from Ramsey Waite Sports, here in Eugene, Oregon. They had just acquired the Honda/Kaw franchise from another dealership that had just gone outa business to add to their Suzuki/Yamaha brands. In fact, I was their 1st Kaw customer. In November, I got the infamous oil leak at the cam position sensor, so I took the bike in to have it fixed under warranty. They had my bike for 6 weeks! When I got it back, I put less than 100 miles on it, and the oil leak was back. GRRR.  So this time they only had it for 3 weeks, and actually fixed it. Thankfully it was winter, I wasn't riding. Then in May, the TPMS was saying low battery in the rear. I called the dealer, and he said it was covered under warranty, so would order a new sensor. COOL.  Three weeks later I get the call...new sensor is in. I waited on premises for 3 hours for them to change it out, only to find out they had ordered the wrong part! I said "it took 3 hours for you to discover this?"  So, they order a new sensor, and 2 weeks later I get the call, come on in. This time it only took them 45 minutes. But wait...that pretty black rim has several nicks which were not there, to which they blamed their machinery, and...they didn't realize they needed to register the friggin sensor to the bikes computer! HUH?  So now they tell me they have never dealt with these before, and would have to research how to do it. Incredible...   That was 6 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard from them. I have a date this Saturday to get it taken care also under warranty, at Power Yamaha/Kawasaki in Sublimity, Oregon, which has a good reputation...it's too bad they are 70 miles away.  I just want anyone traveling through Eugene, do not go to Ramsey Waite Sports.  I was warned of their reputation, so now I know. So does COG and the Better Business Bureau.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:00:31 pm by Bruce »
Bruiser

2012 Kawasaki C14
93 Kawasaki C10
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
1978 Honda CB750F
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda 750K
1973 Honda CB500K
1973 Honda SL175
1972 Honda SL125