Author Topic: Foot position  (Read 376 times)

Offline Tundra

• 2012 Candy Arabian Red
  • Bicycle
  • "SPORT" tourer
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 12916
  • Membership Level: Active
Foot position
« on: January 19, 2019, 12:02:05 pm »
Something I didn't mention in my review is my foot position. I did mention being cramped and am lowering the pegs, although something I did not mention was my boot hits the right side lowercase making it difficult to apply rear brakes quickly. I have to make a conscious effort to place my foot prior to applying rear brake. Can be kind of dangerous. I wear a size 12, anyone else run into this issue? My hopes are the lowered pegs will aid in a little more toe room.

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
Re: Foot position
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 02:55:01 pm »
Yeah, some. I wear a 13 and have the AST lowering brackets. Something of a tradeoff (with lowed pegs, I sometimes touch my toe in a turn- learned to slide my foot up when cornering, peg position required a heat shield mod and I don't think I can change the muffler to an after market because of that) but overall, the lowering is worth the trade offs, to me anyway.
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline C. Moore

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6662
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 10:39:56 am »
I have the ones that Murph offers. I'm 5'10" and wear a size 10 but the boots I wear are thick Wolverines.  The back of my boot doesn't interfere with the rear brake or make it awkward. I did have to modify the brake and adjust the gear shift to work with Muroh's pegs. My knees have been happy even on long trips.
'10 C14  Dallas, Texas
CDA #523
COG# 6662

Offline ghostrider990

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 12649
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 02:30:52 pm »
I don't drag knees (ever) but i have dragged toes on many occasions in off-camber turns.

Stock pegs, size 11 boots!  If I'm getting THAT aggressive, I have to remind myself to move put my toes on the pegs so as not to drag em.

This could be a big trade-off for you big-foot types lowering your pegs AND having water-skis for boots!  :))

gr
..."I like to keep this handy -- for Close Encounters"...