Author Topic: zx 14 front rim on a Concours 14?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline jdanruby

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12456
  • Membership Level: Active
zx 14 front rim on a Concours 14?
« on: December 26, 2015, 06:24:02 pm »
I've been searching around and it sounds like the front Concours and ZX14 rims are the same, the question I have is will the 2012 and up ZX14 front rim fit the Concours?       

Thanks in advance; Jeff

Offline Zarticus

• Crotch Rocket
  • Fanboy, Sludge wearer, Proud Rotella user !
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 10785
Re: zx 14 front rim on a Concours 14?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 07:50:10 pm »
I've been searching around and it sounds like the front Concours and ZX14 rims are the same, the question I have is will the 2012 and up ZX14 front rim fit the Concours?       

Thanks in advance; Jeff
Yes it bolts right on, I have a 2014 ZX14 front rim on my 2012 Concours   :beerchug:
2012 Kawasaki Concours, Arabian Red
1986 Honda V65 Magna, Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna, Black
1983 Honda V45 Sabre, Red

Offline jdanruby

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 12456
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »
Thanks Zarticus,,,   how does it look,,,   I'm guessing that most of it is hidden behind the rotors?    I understand  that the 12' and up rims are a little lighter, can you tell any difference in the handling?

Jeff         

Offline Zarticus

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 10:11:07 pm »
Thanks Zarticus,,,   how does it look,,,   I'm guessing that most of it is hidden behind the rotors?    I understand  that the 12' and up rims are a little lighter, can you tell any difference in the handling?

Jeff         
No difference in handling, I think it looks better than the C14 rim. I'll take a pic in the morning & post it  :beerchug:

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 10:21:41 pm »

No difference in handling, I think it looks better than the C14 rim. I'll take a pic in the morning & post it  :beerchug:

Hi,
        Well I"ve got to ask,  why do you have a ZX-14 rim?  ;D

Availibility? :o
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Offline jetman

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 9805
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 02:21:04 am »
I have a ZX 14 front rim on the front of my 2011 C 14. Because I dented the original in Eveleth, Minnesota last July doing the Lake Superior south shore and beyond. On a four lane, divided, limited access US route. Duluth also had some pretty rough roads no doubt due winter's up there. Happened at dusk while on an on-ramp looking over my left shoulder to merge. Hurt my hands!

Offline Zarticus

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 04:56:23 am »

Hi,

I've got a complete set of spare rims with tires. I got a sweet deal on ebay for the ZX14 front rim with rotors & all related hardware. I got sick of every time I go on a long trip I would have to get new tires because the ones on the bike only had maybe 1000 - 2000 miles left on them. I regularly go on trips that total 3000 miles or more & I hate having to get a tire while on a road trip. Now I always have one set with fairly new tires ready for a trip & the other set for around home that I can use up & keep rotating as I wear them out. I have tire sensors in all 4 rims & have a KDS system so I can program my own sensors when switching tire/rim sets. I've got it down to about a 1/2 hour to swap out a set  :beerchug:

Offline JS_racer

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 11:57:14 am »

Hi,

I've got a complete set of spare rims with tires. I got a sweet deal on ebay for the ZX14 front rim with rotors & all related hardware. I got sick of every time I go on a long trip I would have to get new tires because the ones on the bike only had maybe 1000 - 2000 miles left on them. I regularly go on trips that total 3000 miles or more & I hate having to get a tire while on a road trip. Now I always have one set with fairly new tires ready for a trip & the other set for around home that I can use up & keep rotating as I wear them out. I have tire sensors in all 4 rims & have a KDS system so I can program my own sensors when switching tire/rim sets. I've got it down to about a 1/2 hour to swap out a set  :beerchug:

sounds like a great setup, would love something like that.  :beerchug:

Offline seagiant1

• Sport Tourer
  • COG#: 11323
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 02:52:02 pm »
Hi,
       Zarticus, thanks for the explanation! :motonoises:

I think it is great that you can use a few things from, or intended for, the ZX-14 with this bike! :great:

Like my Ohlin's forks! ;D >:D >:D >:D
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it"
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell