Author Topic: ZX14r engine for the C14  (Read 10018 times)

Offline Bluestar

• Big Wheels
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
ZX14r engine for the C14
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:32 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to give you my impressions of the new ZX14r, which I just picked up last week and the possible use of the engine and chassis as the basis for the next C14.  First, despite of all the hype in the mags, the ZX14r really does perform as indicated. Like BMW did with the liter bikes in taking up most of the range in hp for that class of bike, Kawasaki has done in turn , I believe, with the 14r for almost any other performance bike.  Stock it has 200 RWHP (after break-in) and 120 ft/lbs of torque to the rear tire.  With only an exhaust change, ecu flash and race gas, Brock's Performance is seeing 224 hp and 130 ft.lbs to the wheel without tuning. Only with traction control could this bike be sold to the general public.  The TC can be turned off, but there is little gain and lots of risk in doing so. 
If any of you get the chance to ride one, it is truly a milestone motorcycle. The balance and performance are unbelievable.  The engine is turbine smooth with virtually no vibration at any rpm. The throttle respone is very immediate and very sensitive to input.  My modded 09 C14 is very pleasant to ride - the 14r is very edgy - like the Gen4 ZX10r and accelerates like nothing else.  If Kawasaki does use the 14r platform in a detuned version for the next C14 -  the torque and smoothness of this motor could make this an extraordinary touring machine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:20:15 pm by Bluestar »
2012 ZX14R
2011 ZX10R
2009 ZX14

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 2170
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: ZX14r engine for the C14
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:57:58 pm »
One of the motorcycle mags (Rider?) recently mentioned they asked Kawasaki if they would put this engine in the Concours, and said that "they were very tight lipped about it".  Not sure what that means though.

FYI, Don Guhl developed the reflash for the new 14r that Brock's Performance is using.

I was out on my C14 yesterday (with the Guhl reflash) and was just thinking that if the bike had any more power than it already does, that it would probably put it over the top for me. I think I'm finally at the point where I don't feel like I want anymore. Did I really just say that?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:03:04 pm by Fred_Harmon_TX »
Fred H.

Thanksgiving Sale in Effect now!  Concours 1400 Maintenance Videos 
http://www.angelridevideos.com

Offline Bluestar

• Big Wheels
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:14:57 pm »
Fred,
I've modded all of my other bikes - C14, ZX14, ZX10r etc. for more power.  The 14r is not getting any more power from me. I have finally seen the light with this motorcycle.
2012 ZX14R
2011 ZX10R
2009 ZX14

Offline Fred_Harmon_TX

• COG Technical Editor
  • Industry Member
  • Iron Butt
    • Angel Ride Videos
  • COG#: 2170
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »
Fred,
I've modded all of my other bikes - C14, ZX14, ZX10r etc. for more power.  The 14r is not getting any more power from me. I have finally seen the light with this motorcycle.

I can certainly understand. I would like to take a ride on a 14r sometime.
Fred H.

Thanksgiving Sale in Effect now!  Concours 1400 Maintenance Videos 
http://www.angelridevideos.com

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • Membership Level: Expired - Expired Term
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to give you my impressions of the new ZX14r, which I just picked up last week and the possible use of the engine and chassis as the basis for the next C14.  First, despite of all the hype in the mags, the ZX14r really does perform as indicated. Like BMW did with the liter bikes in taking up most of the range in hp for that class of bike, Kawasaki has done in turn , I believe, with the 14r for almost any other performance bike.  Stock it has 200 RWHP (after break-in) and 120 ft/lbs of torque to the rear tire.  With only an exhaust change, ecu flash and race gas, Brock's Performance is seeing 224 hp and 130 ft.lbs to the wheel without tuning. Only with traction control could this bike be sold to the general public.  The TC can be turned off, but there is little gain and lots of risk in doing so. 
If any of you get the chance to ride one, it is truly a milestone motorcycle. The balance and performance are unbelievable.  The engine is turbine smooth with virtually no vibration at any rpm. The throttle respone is very immediate and very sensitive to input.  My modded 09 C14 is very pleasant to ride - the 14r is very edgy - like the Gen4 ZX10r and accelerates like nothing else.  If Kawasaki does use the 14r platform in a detuned version for the next C14 -  the torque and smoothness of this motor could make this an extraordinary touring machine.

Honestly I don't think the shaft drive would handle that much power. I've had my connie for about four months now and I can tell you, Im already wanting more power. I would LOVE to have the ZX14R engine in the Connie frame . But I don't think it's going to happen. I think it would be better to just go out and buy a ZX 14 R . then you have the best of both worlds.
No matter where I go, There I am !

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
  • COG#: 9279
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:40 am »
If the 2013 C14 had the 2011 ZX14 engine, it would be a huge performance increase. Nevermind the ZX14R 2012 engine. Heh.

My 2008 ZX14, the way it was modified, can eat a stock 2012 ZX14R for lunch and still be hungry. So I understand the fun factor of big horsepower and torque.

Someone on the ZX14ninja forum is buying my ZX14 from the dealer I traded it to for my Connie. He messaged me on that forum, to make sure it was mine. He's flying down from Canada with heated gear in his bag, and riding it back. I told him to put BMW or Powerlet plug adapters on his heated gear.

I'm happy with my Connie the way she is. I don't need to go fast anymore. At least, not faster than she will go. Been there, done that.

Too many track days over the decades to count. Been to or past 200 mph a dozen times. For some, once is more than enough. Got kicked off Sears Point for going over 180mph on the straight.

I will admit, drifting the needle past 2 ton is a little like falling off a cliff .... there isn't much you can do about it except keep it together gracefully. I used to want to see what 300 mph felt like, but never had anything streamlined enough with enough horsepower to pull it off. 

And all that pales in comparison to the near-sonic-barrier runs laid down year after year at Bonneville.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 Forest River Flagstaff Super-V 27VRL travel trailer
Where are you? [insert random forest name]

Offline Jimma

• Tricycle
  • COG#: 10026
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:56 am »
Ahh, yes... I love my 2011 C-14. It's a great sport / tourer and has enough horsepower at the rear wheel for me...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:45:16 pm by Jimma »

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 01:06:44 am »
If the 2013 C14 had the 2011 ZX14 engine, it would be a huge performance increase. Nevermind the ZX14R 2012 engine. Heh.

My 2008 ZX14, the way it was modified, can eat a stock 2012 ZX14R for lunch and still be hungry. So I understand the fun factor of big horsepower and torque.

Someone on the ZX14ninja forum is buying my ZX14 from the dealer I traded it to for my Connie. He messaged me on that forum, to make sure it was mine. He's flying down from Canada with heated gear in his bag, and riding it back. I told him to put BMW or Powerlet plug adapters on his heated gear.

I'm happy with my Connie the way she is. I don't need to go fast anymore. At least, not faster than she will go. Been there, done that.

Too many track days over the decades to count. Been to or past 200 mph a dozen times. For some, once is more than enough. Got kicked off Sears Point for going over 180mph on the straight.

I will admit, drifting the needle past 2 ton is a little like falling off a cliff .... there isn't much you can do about it except keep it together gracefully. I used to want to see what 300 mph felt like, but never had anything streamlined enough with enough horsepower to pull it off. 

And all that pales in comparison to the near-sonic-barrier runs laid down year after year at Bonneville.
[/quote

Interesting remark. The 2008 ZX14 has a factory rev limiter. 6th gear 186 MPH . Has been the norm unless you derestricted the engine which will allow you to push the RPM's and get 200 MPH . Changing the sprockets for top end will give you more but you loose to much bottom end.
Many 200 plus runs. Hummm . Speed = adrenalin. An adrenalin junky laying down the gauntlet for a Connie ?  Wonder how long that will last ?  My top speed on my connie so far has been 168 MPH and you have to have three straight miles to do it. Drop or cut the factory windshield and get the ECU flashed. Drop the Can and put aftermarket . It's a fun all around bike but it will be interesting to see how long you will tolerate your old friends eating your lunch. Lol . However, it's not about speed in the twisties. It's about skill . You have to lean hard to get the Connie to corner like the ZX. The pegs hit to quick, and a new set of alloy rims would help with the handling a lot.  Would be interested to hear your performance and mod list on your new purchase.

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:22 am »
Took me a second to realize you had asked a question, since it is all one big quote.

Getting past the speed limiter is easy. SpeedoHealer V4, or re-flash. Some have filed the "star" which is picked up by a sensor to determine speed (VSS?) so fewer pulses are read.

Most of what I do now is ride twisty mountain roads. I pick on the ZX14 guys over at the forum when they post videos of speed runs and there are no turns other than 1/4 mile radius sweepers in the route. "I watched the whole video hoping to see at least one turn!"

And no, I will not be making one single modification to the engine, or the exhaust system, because I don't need the adrenaline anymore.

I've been an adrenaline junky for easily 50 years, but I no longer seem to crave the rush much anymore. I'm happy now carving mountain roads at moderate speeds and just enjoying the air and the view and the technique of the riding.

So I expect my Connie will fall right into that routine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:56 am »
Took me a second to realize you had asked a question, since it is all one big quote.

Getting past the speed limiter is easy. SpeedoHealer V4, or re-flash. Some have filed the "star" which is picked up by a sensor to determine speed (VSS?) so fewer pulses are read.

Most of what I do now is ride twisty mountain roads. I pick on the ZX14 guys over at the forum when they post videos of speed runs and there are no turns other than 1/4 mile radius sweepers in the route. "I watched the whole video hoping to see at least one turn!"

And no, I will not be making one single modification to the engine, or the exhaust system, because I don't need the adrenaline anymore.

I've been an adrenaline junky for easily 50 years, but I no longer seem to crave the rush much anymore. I'm happy now carving mountain roads at moderate speeds and just enjoying the air and the view and the technique of the riding.

Once an adrenaline junkie, ALWAYS an adrenaline junkie ! lol .  I rode with a ZX 14 just this weekend. Besides him eating my lunch on the sweepers, He was a rocket in the twisties also . BUT ! Ive found when you get into some serious twisties, it's not the power that will get you ahead of the pack, it will be skill . I've seen guys on duel sports leave me behind. But give me one straight away and I blow by them. lol . ive found that my connie doesn't have the power I desire. Im already feeling the need for more and im 53 years old . There's nothing in this world that feels as good as a winding road and a hand full of power at your disposal.  Tripple digits RULE.   :motonoises:

Offline ConcoursKZ

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 10:35:26 am »

Once an adrenaline junkie, ALWAYS an adrenaline junkie ! lol .  I rode with a ZX 14 just this weekend. Besides him eating my lunch on the sweepers, He was a rocket in the twisties also . BUT ! Ive found when you get into some serious twisties, it's not the power that will get you ahead of the pack, it will be skill . I've seen guys on duel sports leave me behind. But give me one straight away and I blow by them. lol . ive found that my connie doesn't have the power I desire. Im already feeling the need for more and im 53 years old . There's nothing in this world that feels as good as a winding road and a hand full of power at your disposal.  Tripple digits RULE.   :motonoises:

Not sure I am buying the whole I am not an adrenaline junkie anymore thing. I agree with Trouble, once a junkie always a junkie. I have too much responsibility at 51 years old and a 17 year old son that would like an excuse to ride like I used to. But the need for speed will never go away.  I will say that when I run into people on Sport touring bikes on the road most of them really know how to ride. They are almost all over 45 and I am sure they have ridden their entire life. They grew up on crotch rockets. Younger riders are starting to respect us as well as they realize that these Sport Tourers are legit power bikes. I had a kid on a 650 Ninja the other day ask me if my bike is really as fast as they say. I still love the feeling of coming up to a blind corner not knowing if I am entering too fast and my seat tightens up. The buzz in the hands. It never gets old. Watch out for older guys on sport baggers.
2008 Concours ABS 1976 KZ 900 B1   CDA#387
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
  • COG#: 7134
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
   Sorry guys, I disagree. Like John, I used to be into speed and modifying things to go faster. But I have also lost the need for speed. Although there are times when I will pick it up a little. It's pretty much a different mentality now a days. I no longer  feel a need to be "flying at Mach 3 with your hair on fire" (stolen from the movie Top Gun). I will run along and enjoy some speed and twisties (like John). But I don't do much to them anymore looking for a lot of extra power.
    Besides, these things run along quite fast enough to embarrass a lot of riders who can't ride their speed machines. (obviously not all folks) Of course they are also fast enough to get you killed. So yes, I have also mellowed quite a bit in my slightly older age.  Like I said, I will still play. But nothing like the old days. And now I don't do a lot looking for maximum power and speed. My current bike is basically factory stock. (it's a 2010 I've had for almost two years now)  And I'm quite happy with what it will do. Not like the old days.   ;)
  Just my two cents.

But of course if I hopped on the new ZX, things could always revert back!    :))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:51:15 pm by Cap'n Bob »

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 04:51:34 pm »
Bob, I'm with you. The problem of saying "nobody can lose the adrenaline junky status" is that it is a generalization, and those are almost always wrong.

In other words, I can't speak for you, and you can't speak for me. So if I say I feel a certain way about something, only a fool would argue I didn't feel that way.

:motonoises:

Offline Stewart

• Road Bike
  • Aussie living in the USA
  • COG#: 9380
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 07:05:38 pm »
Errr...if my wallet could speak it would say the C14 has plenty of power. At least the State Trooper agreed on Sat last weekend.

Argghhhh
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 07:55:47 pm »
I think some folks need to get their testosterone levels checked . If you didn't have the need for speed junkey...WTH are you on the most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world ?  kinda like a oxymoron there wouldn't you think. ROTFLMAO

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 08:20:22 pm »
Bob, I'm with you. The problem of saying "nobody can lose the adrenaline junky status" is that it is a generalization, and those are almost always wrong.

In other words, I can't speak for you, and you can't speak for me. So if I say I feel a certain way about something, only a fool would argue I didn't feel that way.

Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.
Once a heroin addict, always a heroin addict.
Once an adrenaline junkie........   ?????????????

You get the picture.  While I agree with Privateer believing that generalisms (in general), LARGELY, are not universal, I also believe that experience points, LARGELY, to the truth of these listed pat statements.  I certainly am not the adrenaline junkie I once was (where it actually controlled too many aspects of my life and behavior), I can quickly recognize it trying to "come on" again anytime I indulge it a bit and react appropriately to control it.  Even if the alcoholic or adrenaline junkie or habitual smoker never touches whatever his/her particular "addiction" is ever again, they are generally simply considered to be "in recovery" and not cured.  In other words, without due diligence, relapse is to be expected.  Due diligence is usually observed as abstinence or I could say "chastity"... but when it comes to adrenaline, I find myself too often with Steve McCrosky saying, "I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue" or with Augustine of Hippo saying, "Lord give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »
I think some folks need to get their testosterone levels checked . If you didn't have the need for speed junkey...WTH are you on the most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world ?  kinda like a oxymoron there wouldn't you think. ROTFLMAO
THose of us in the counseling business have a term for it... and it ain't a river in Egypt either.   :rotflmao:
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »

Well since it looks like you feel the need to try to belittle folks, who don't feel the need to modify a motorcycle from it's intended design. It looks like you seem to think that your more of a man because "you're" not satisfied with your bikes performance. Sorry if it's not this way, but you seem to like to come across this way in a lot of threads. And to be honest, it's really unnecessary.
   Anyway, to answer your question,  I'm not riding what you describe as: "the most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world". I ride what you would probably consider an old antiquated bike.  I traded my C14 in on something that actually starts every time. And the funny thing is this lessor bike has seemed to be more than capable of leaving quite a few of these "most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world" in the dust. And I ride pretty mellow. Maybe someone who needs the "most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world" and it's not good enough for them, has other issues they're trying to compensate for!    :rotflmao:

Offline Cap'n Bob

• GOLD STAR
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »

Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.
Once a heroin addict, always a heroin addict.
Once an adrenaline junkie........   ?????????????

You get the picture.  While I agree with Privateer believing that generalisms (in general), LARGELY, are not universal, I also believe that experience points, LARGELY, to the truth of these listed pat statements.  I certainly am not the adrenaline junkie I once was (where it actually controlled too many aspects of my life and behavior), I can quickly recognize it trying to "come on" again anytime I indulge it a bit and react appropriately to control it.  Even if the alcoholic or adrenaline junkie or habitual smoker never touches whatever his/her particular "addiction" is ever again, they are generally simply considered to be "in recovery" and not cured.  In other words, without due diligence, relapse is to be expected.  Due diligence is usually observed as abstinence or I could say "chastity"... but when it comes to adrenaline, I find myself too often with Steve McCrosky saying, "I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue" or with Augustine of Hippo saying, "Lord give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

So if one day I decide that I don't really need to drink beer anymore because I have changed and don't feel the need as much or anymore at all, that I'm a recovering alcoholic.? Which in it's own right, is not right. Your not in recovery. Either your an alcoholic or your not. Some folks just cope better with it day by day.  But someone who enjoys a beer or other drink, is not necessarily an alcoholic!   ;)

Offline rcannon409

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:49 pm »
I've always loved fast motorcycles, but rarely has it been a speed number that was exciting.  Really exciting.  My most exciting moment this year was when a single jump turned into a double and I noticed it 20 feet before hitting what I expected was going to be there.  The speed on the streetbikes is cool, but please tell me where I can try the 200 mph speed legally?  I woudl expect a zx14 powered concours would not be a land speed record vehicle due to its saddlebags.

My opinion on this is not really normal since I'll lose my job if I get too many speeding tickets.

But if anyone here has input for the next c14, dont let them do anything to it without making the key system a real key and not a square, electronic thing that ends up being a key in a round-about way.  PLEASE!
Ivans Ecu reflash, Brembo front rotors

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 09:31:48 pm »

Well since it looks like you feel the need to try to belittle folks, who don't feel the need to modify a motorcycle from it's intended design. It looks like you seem to think that your more of a man because "you're" not satisfied with your bikes performance. Sorry if it's not this way, but you seem to like to come across this way in a lot of threads. And to be honest, it's really unnecessary.
   Anyway, to answer your question,  I'm not riding what you describe as: "the most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world". I ride what you would probably consider an old antiquated bike.  I traded my C14 in on something that actually starts every time. And the funny thing is this lessor bike has seemed to be more than capable of leaving quite a few of these "most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world" in the dust. And I ride pretty mellow. Maybe someone who needs the "most powerful sport touring motorcycle in the world" and it's not good enough for them, has other issues they're trying to compensate for!    :rotflmao:

?????  Compensate   ?????

Human behavior is so fascinating to me . I make a light hearted comment in a jesting tone  .  And in response , My comment justifies your behavior which is far worse than anything I posted. Yet that's ok because your justified !  So it's ok for YOU  ?

A man listens to his friend call his own car a Fn pile of crap. He turns to his friend and says...How dare you fn use that type of fn language in my dam fn front yard. You fn moron idiot . You getting the point . Justification or no justification. the response is far worse than the original. Thus making most post far worse than anything I have posted.   

I rest my case on this one. Moving along to better things. Let's Ride !  :-)

Offline ChipDoc

• Sport Tourer
  • Work to ride - Ride to work!
  • COG#: 9934
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:24 pm »
The speed on the streetbikes is cool, but please tell me where I can try the 200 mph speed legally?
Racetracks work pretty well.  Many places sponsor regular "track days" for motorcyclists.  If you come to Daytona and pay a fee, you can actually take your bike around the big tri-oval.  I've heard that if you go much under 100mph on those banked turns, you'll fall.  Gotta keep the speed up so the centripetal force counterbalances gravity.

It's expensive, but all the good stuff is expensive. 

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 10:04:56 pm »
I see no need to psycho analyse the behavior of a adrenalin junky as it's called.  It is what it is . If you enjoy it , it';s all good in my book. if you have no need, that's ok also. I've always enjoyed the adrenalin rush and speed. it reminds me of flying. Or as close as I can come to it.
if I had my way, I would have a ZX14R  My Connie  and anything else Kawasaki comes out with that's lightning fast !  I don't know if I will ever come to the point of laying down my desire for speed and power . In 53 now. I hope to be kickin it down the back roads at tripple digits when im 73 .   :)   

Offline Trouble

• Road Bike
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »
The speed on the streetbikes is cool, but please tell me where I can try the 200 mph speed legally?
Racetracks work pretty well.  Many places sponsor regular "track days" for motorcyclists.  If you come to Daytona and pay a fee, you can actually take your bike around the big tri-oval.  I've heard that if you go much under 100mph on those banked turns, you'll fall.  Gotta keep the speed up so the centripetal force counterbalances gravity.

It's expensive, but all the good stuff is expensive.
[/quote

I've been on the Daytona track. It's amazing . And I was surprised as to how fast I got used to the high speeds . theres lots of track around our area. We're also blessed with a lot of open country roads where you can open it up. But if you want to see 200mph  you better find you a long straight road. Your going to be shocked how fast you will get to the other end. OH ! A little helpful hint, DON'T RAISE UP !

Offline Gypsy JR

• American Gypsy
  • I Need a Life
  • Living the Gypsy Life
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:39 pm »
I admit I spent most of my life until about 10 years ago on an adrenaline high. But nobody on this forum is qualified to diagnose my mental and emotional state.

And I don't think some of you have a clue what a real adrenaline rush is. Because if you think its going fast on a motorcycle, all I have to say is, WEAK.

Jump out of a jet doing 800 knots at 1,200 feet wearing 190 pounds of combat gear into a jungle swamp and see how much adrenaline you got pumping....

Or dive a WWII freighter wreck in 260 feet of water 12 miles off the coast of South Carolina, and hang for 30 minutes on a decompression rope using the tanks tied to the rope because yours are empty, knowing if you come up without staying the full time at each stop, you'll get bent. I remember loading a guy onto the basket of a Coast Guard helicopter (they lowered it to our fantail) because he got bent. He lived. When people's lives are at risk around you, that is an adrenaline rush.

The weakest adrenaline rush I ever got was going fast on a motorcycle. It doesn't do anything for me, considering the things I've done and experienced, and seen.