Author Topic: 1991 C10 speed test  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 12907
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: 1991 C10 speed test
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2018, 07:07:11 pm »
I believe this is MOB's tool of choice.
https://www.twinmax.eu/
2005 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline DangerousDan

• Deer Magnet Dan
  • Training Wheels
  • Every day starts as a 10 when I wake up breathing
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: 1991 C10 speed test
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »
I'm going to make a suggestion, so take what you will from it;
you did this synch, using a set of four gauges, borrowed from the Harley dude...

Did you actually verify they are somewhat calibrated, and each one of those gauges, when attached to a single carb, read that single carb the same? Or are you assuming the set of gauges is properly calibrated, and functioning perfectly (i.e., they never hit the ground in their life, and were handled and stored with care...)

Just asking, as I have very little faith in quad gauges, bad enough I'm trying to set 4 carbs, but using 4 separate gauges just adds so much more possibility of errors between each gauge's range and function,

I did not, and the tool was brand new still in wrapped case.   The Harley shop doesn't use 4 lines obviously.   And I have seen many youtube vids showing mercury units to be more accurate.  But the idle and strong low end is a pretty good indication that things are running smoother, haven't yet got a good gas mileage comparison.  It starts much better when stone cold too.  I just wish I could have kept the very cool off beat idle it had before. But lugging through town now, say 30 mph in 5th or sixth, the cylinders fire much more evenly instead of sounding like an alcohol burning funny car.  I'm pretty certain I'm close to perfect balance now.  I don't think tiny imperfections in the vacuum system have much of an impact on a perfectly running engine.  Like I don't have a faster 0 to 60, or 0 to 100 now at all.  Might have better gas mileage though, and it always starts first try now, even below freezing , stone cold.
So this is a life?  Lets have some fun!
1992 c10 74k miles,  black w/ red stripe
carbon fiber slip ons, rifle wind screen
custom Corbin seat (flip down passenger back rest)
cruise control, maybe more, still researching