Author Topic: 2004 C10 smoking heavily under acceleration  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Bikerman

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: 2004 C10 smoking heavily under acceleration
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 03:47:59 pm »
OK, I'm recovered enough from my injury to get it on my lift again and start tearing into it this weekend. I'm actually looking forward to it as a mystery, and I'm hopeful, especially based on Steve's previous comments. Thanks again to all.

Offline Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • COG#: 1431
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 10:45:22 pm »
After recovering from my surgery today (injured myself moving the Connie yesterday, as I am kind of little and getting old....), I will give it a shot. Thank you again to everyone.

You ain't the only one getting too old to move a C10 around but I keep her around to remind me of the GREAT rides I have had with my C10. Wife gets a little jealous though !!
'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline Bikerman

• Tricycle
  • COG#: forum
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2018, 01:05:02 pm »
Update: I pulled the valve cover yesterday and found a broken intake rocker arm on #3 (probably due to someone not properly tightening the adjuster lock nut) , a dropped intake valve in that same cylinder and what appears to be a hole in the piston (hard to see). The rest looks OK. I am pulling the head today for a better look. Looks like used parts are plentiful and cheap, making an top-end repair (used loaded head, poss. cylinders and a piston) in my future. If anyone wants to make me a great deal on those parts, please let me know!     

Offline Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • COG#: 1431
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2018, 01:50:34 pm »
 I know it's a crap shoot but plenty of used parts here.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/171107/i.html?_nkw=kawasaki+zg1000&_from=R40

Good luck. Hope you get her back on the road again.  :great:
'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2018, 06:26:43 pm »
Let's not forget COG's own Jerry http://forum.cog-online.org/profile/?u=40419 Gaither.....aka The Wizard.  If he doesn't have it, he'll help you find one.