Author Topic: Advancing the C10 ODO.  (Read 316 times)

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
  • Membership Level: Active
Advancing the C10 ODO.
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:39:51 pm »
Want to replace my instrument cluster with a newer version whose speedo dial face isn't faded/discolored. Anyone had theirs apart to change the speedo module, or just rotate the mileage wheels so they read what you want?
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
Re: Advancing the C10 ODO.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:47:34 am »
pulled apart an '88, so it won't help, but i cant see any way it would apply to a post '94, nor would I do it..
I'd just se my printer, and put the odo miles whn replaced, and what I did, on a stckker, and plaster the bastiche on the back..
actually, I wouldn't, I would just write it in silver sharpie, on back side, and go on... what I did with COGZilla, when I put the Ninja gage cluster on it..  or just do 'math magic" note to say "ad xxxxx.xx to actual reading" right below the dial.
(don't efff with the guts, you'lle just break the damned thing..)
 :)) >:D :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 1608
Re: Advancing the C10 ODO.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:31:40 am »
pulled apart an '88, so it won't help, but i cant see any way it would apply to a post '94, nor would I do it..
I'd just se my printer, and put the odo miles whn replaced, and what I did, on a stckker, and plaster the bastiche on the back..
actually, I wouldn't, I would just write it in silver sharpie, on back side, and go on... what I did with COGZilla, when I put the Ninja gage cluster on it..  or just do 'math magic" note to say "ad xxxxx.xx to actual reading" right below the dial.
(don't efff with the guts, you'lle just break the damned thing..)
 :)) >:D :)) :)) :)) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug:

I can be most gentille in procedures like this, but I'm asking JIC someone else has been in there and done what I want to achieve.

I've already popped the back off, so that's no big deal. The ODO wheels wouldn't budge when I tried to turn them due to their interlocking gears; that's when I stopped and put it back together.

The parts fiche shows the speedo as a separate and removable item (NLA). If I could achieve that to give me a little more working room, I'll go that route. That's why I'm asking if anyone has been in theirs to offer some guidance.

A sticker just ain't professional.
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC