Author Topic: batty carb project  (Read 634 times)

Offline Stasch

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 6830
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: batty carb project
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 08:56:08 pm »
Went out and brought a screw drive with
the right blade thickness, then took it to local machine shop and had it
ground to the width of the hole.

I sorta did the same thing in my 'machine shop'.

I used the bench grinder to grind a screwdriver end til it was the right width, and the tip to the right thickness for a snug fit to the pilot jet slots.

I call it my 'custom made precision fit carburetor pilot jet extraction and installation tool'.
Stan Visser - COG#: 6830  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline DC Concours

• Sport Tourer
  • 2001 Concours, ~19K miles
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 09:03:43 pm »
Why don't you route it to the ground? I run it down into the center stand spring. Stays there perfectly.

yes, did it myself. pressed in with green loctite as an added measure .  no issues. theres many ways to skin a cat.
rode it in today actually (turned around took pic out my window) and i store it in a garage at home. there has -never- been fuel on the crankcase from the overflows, ever.
Keep in mind, im an engineer and have a LOT of machining experience. Its not for everybody to do. Ive also been playing with vintage bikes going on (now) 27 years, so carbs to me are second nature. 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 09:41:56 pm by DC Concours »

Offline m in sc

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 01:19:49 am »
Why don't you route it to the ground? I run it down into the center stand spring. Stays there perfectly.

Just didn't bother, not too worried about it.  might down the road. too many other bike projects to nth degree this bike, to me. its most definitely NOT my primary bike, and isnt my 'get it perfect' machine, yet. mechanically its perfect but not nut and bolt fussy perfect. (its my rain and haul stuff motorcycle) :beerchug: