Author Topic: C10 petcock filter repair  (Read 565 times)

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
C10 petcock filter repair
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:33:24 pm »
So the dog decided to grab 2 brand new petcocks in the boxes and take them outside to play while I went on a ride to scuff the new tires.  One is ok, but the other has damage to the filter.  >:( >:( Any ideas?

Offline mr t

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7173
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: C10 petcock filter repair
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:40:34 pm »
Obedience school for the dog and a 3006 for the fuel line.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Offline Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • COG#: 1431
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 05:50:24 pm »
   Yup, one of these.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/FIL3006   

I just put it in under the tank above the carbs. nice 90 degree bend to the carbs.

'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:05:46 am »
I was hoping for someone to tell me that the petcock filter could be swapped.  Oh well.....so I got the WIX equivalent to the NAPA FIL3006.  The WIX part number is 33006.  Thanks for the help guys! :great:

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »
I was hoping for someone to tell me that the petcock filter could be swapped.  Oh well.....so I got the WIX equivalent to the NAPA FIL3006.  The WIX part number is 33006.  Thanks for the help guys! :great:
I finally got around to pulling the petcock on my bike today.  I decided to see if I could swap filters from the old one to the new one.  I discovered that they can be swapped.  Just a bit of pulling and wiggling and the filter came out.  No damage to the filter.  It is just a press fit that holds it in.  No adhesive was found on either piece.  I had already installed the inline filter, so I guess I'm running double filters now. :motonoises:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:40:17 pm by Bud »

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 10:28:48 pm »
I finally got around to pulling the petcock on my bike today.  I decided to see if I could swap filters from the old one to the new one.  I discovered that they can be swapped.  Just a bit of pulling and wiggling and the filter came out.  No damage to the filter.  It is just a press fit that holds it in.  No adhesive was found on either piece.  I had already installed the inline filter, so I guess I'm running double filters now. :motonoises:

Sorry for the lack of a response, I did see this post, but as there isn't a "replacement" for the screen, I let it go once people chimed in about the NAPA thing..
I never used one, but never needed to... the screen did what I wanted... and yes, as you found, it could be "popped out" easily..

By the looks of the "coating" on the reserve tube of your unit, I certainly hope you took the opportunity to dump whatever fuel/water gack mix was in there, and flushed the tank agitating it a couple times, and dumping, before putting it back into service with fresh fuel...looks like it had a bit of soluable rust in there... :truce:
Ride safe,

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Bud

• Street Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 11:41:23 pm »
You betcha! :great: