Author Topic: Carb jets help  (Read 176 times)

Offline jacksdad

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Carb jets help
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:53:33 pm »
Hi. just rebuilding my carbs, replacing the head so thought I'd strip them.
No 1 carb was missing the jet needle that you can see in the inlet side of the body, pt # 16017 1313 no wonder it kept fouling the plug...This has allowed the PO to screw in the jet holder too far and its bent like a corkscrew now.
I just bought a box of carbs in bits, full set of bodies and loads more internals. both these parts are slightly different on my A7/9 model, but all the part numbers are identical across the range, so...which set is best for power?
Also got several different main jet sizes, my bike has the derestricted carb tops and a late Nexus exhaust, and a K&N air filter.
Which jets are best for a UK bike with these mods? currently fitted with 125 but the spares have 132 fitted.
I will have loads of parts left over so if anyone is stuck for any (expensive!) carb parts let me know  ;D

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Carb jets help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »
125's.

Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline jacksdad

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:21:51 pm »
Thanks Steve. I'm assuming the spares I've bought had pods fitted (never work on these carbs do they!) hence the bigger size.
Ive got 2 different main jet holders, 13091 1259. Is any sort better than the other? The only difference is the number of holes in each type, I'm thinking the ones with more holes will be best.
If anyone needs some of the internal parts just contact me, got loads of spares here, only want the shipping costs  ;D

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:15:04 pm »
Thanks Steve. I'm assuming the spares I've bought had pods fitted (never work on these carbs do they!) hence the bigger size.
Ive got 2 different main jet holders, 13091 1259. Is any sort better than the other? The only difference is the number of holes in each type, I'm thinking the ones with more holes will be best.
If anyone needs some of the internal parts just contact me, got loads of spares here, only want the shipping costs  ;D

it depends on which needles you run. I don't know which ones you have, but If I had my druthers, I'd lean towards the ones with less holes, or the ones with the lowest top hole. Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home