Author Topic: Clearing seat on carb #1  (Read 196 times)

Offline captainporksword

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12668
  • Membership Level: Active
Clearing seat on carb #1
« on: January 18, 2018, 10:45:45 pm »
Hey been a while since ive been on here but my car just took a shite and I have no other way to get to work tomorrow besides connie, my gf was complaining about gas smell in the garage the other day so I pulled my plugs hoping it wasnt my bike only to find my cylinder #1 carb is leaking after I let the bike idle to clear the gas in the carbs after it sit for 2 weeks. the carbs were cleaned at the end of the summer so Im hoping I can get whatever blockage is in the seat out with a can of carb cleaner and flush the bowl or possibly try to just drop the bowl on that carb without fully removing everything or just leave the drain plug open when I park for the day since the petcock is working. Does anyone have tricks for doing something like this?

Offline captainporksword

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 12668
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Clearing seat on carb #1
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:35 pm »
Ended up just leaving the bowl drain open and blasting some air down the fuel line hopefully it works but still leaving that bowl open to be safe. Not looking forward to freezing my a** off for 45mins but did miss riding so much so the glass is half full I guess.