Author Topic: Clutch rod seal replacement  (Read 1254 times)

Offline BxrBob

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 7286
  • Membership Level: Active
Clutch rod seal replacement
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:53:00 pm »
Well I should have known better, but i tried to do the repair myself using this link: http://www.ldrider.ca/techpages/clutchrodseal.htm  Of course I knocked the seal into the engine. So I need help from the tech GURUS out there as to what do I do next, what do I need to pull apart to find this seal? I have both manul;as and will start looking through to see if there is any hope at this point.  Thanks    EDit to add: I got real lucky and bought a megnetic pickup tool at the local Sears Essentials. Opened the oil filler cap,extend the tool down behind the site glass. Slowly pull up and lady luck is on my side; I have the old seal. MAybe I should play the lottery tonight.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:54:00 pm by Bob_Watkins_MA »
Bob Watkins
1994 Concours 'Portly' Sold
2003 BMW R1150RT current

Offline Greg M.

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 7858
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »
Well done Bob!!  Maybe you should be a surgeon... or a fisherman, with those steady hands and fishing ability.  Good resourcefulness... Glad it worked out for you.   I think one of the best feelings, is when you're expecting a huge hassle of a project, and then something works out, and it's incredibly easy.  
Greg M.  Newcastle, Wa.103

Offline smithr1

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 6197
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »
All I can say is WOW!   ----------------------------------  I will answer any question.  It is up to you to figure out if I should have.    <p align="left">My Photos<br
---
Bob Smith (smithr)
Austin, Texas baby!
2010 Kawasaki Concours, Midnight Blue
COG 6197, CDA 107