Author Topic: Cruise Control  (Read 1228 times)

Offline 02Conni

• Tricycle
  • Go4aRide...and Ride Safe
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Cruise Control
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:32:16 pm »
I would like to install a cruise control device on my 2002 Kawasaki Concours. I was going to purchase the Throttlemeister but have read too many negative reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions on a nice unit that works a true cruise control system?

Thanks

TK
My Conni changed my life

Offline oldsawfiler

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 8062
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Cruise Control
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:15:20 pm »
Murph's Kits, (have your CFO hide your CC and click on the link in the vendors section),  sells one.  Revrider did a write up on it a short time back.  Search his posts for it.
Well...even if you fall on your face you're still moving forward.

COG # 8062  AMA # 1084053  ROMA

Offline Rev Ryder

• Officer
  • I Need a Life
  • We came. We saw. We Concours-ed.
    • Presbychuck
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 7235
  • Membership Level: Executive Director
Re: Cruise Control
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 04:44:34 pm »
Yo tkernus,
The Murph's Cruise Control is the BEST.  It is the same as the discontinued Audiovox CCS-100 that has been in use for years.  Almost bulletproof and very reliable, the CCS-100 has been adapted to lots of vehicles including HUNDREDS of Connies.  The install is straightforward and anyone who can adjust their own valves can get through it in a weekend or less.  If you're not too far from me (I'm in El Campo, Texas) I'd be happy to help with the install sometime.  The kit is about $170 from Murph and is the single best thing I've ever done to my bike to make it comfortable and less fatiguing out on the road.  The cruise and a set of highway pegs and a decent seat and as long as I have gas money, I can go. :)

THis addition will save your wrist, hands, arms, shoulders, back, etc.  It allows you to switch hands, use no hands (if you're like me), change position, lean back, and simply relax a bit when on open road.  I've also used it a LOT just riding in any stretch that I want to keep my speed in check and there isn;t too much traffic.  It DOES shut off when hitting the brakes or the clutch, so it has those safety features that a throttle lock does not (though they are usually easily over-ridden).  The kit comes WITH a vacuum cannister that also helps the bike operate smoothly up and down hills while keeping your speed where you set it.  If you can't tell, I LOVE IT!
 :D :D :D
Fortis non Ferox
 Shafties Can't Wheelie