Author Topic: Decal for fuel tank  (Read 464 times)

Offline 2qwk4u442

• Tricycle
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Decal for fuel tank
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:13:27 pm »
I'm looking for anyone that has experience using a factory Kawasaki sticker for the fuel tank. Or can suggest an application that would look correct instead of the plastic emblem.
Im having the bike (2000) painted in factory Red Permission, and have a new nos tank but I want a newer look with the sticker.
The photo shows what I'm thinking, but I couldn't get ahold of the owner to ask what he used.
Please help. Thanks!

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 10807
  • Membership Level: Active
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Panda

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
Re: Decal for fuel tank
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:41:49 pm »
I had a local sticker shop cut me some. Being an 86 i went for a retro sticker.

Offline 2qwk4u442

• Tricycle
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 04:13:40 pm »
Pbfoot, thanks- that might be an option to consider. I want to have the tank clear coated after the decal...so was figuring a factory decal would be designed for clear coat on top.  I would wonder if those from eBay could take a clear coat

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »
Not sure if Kawasaki makes a white decal. I just painted my bike white. Going for black lettering.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Outback Jon

• Sport Tourer
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 9506
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 07:11:29 pm »
Pbfoot, thanks- that might be an option to consider. I want to have the tank clear coated after the decal...so was figuring a factory decal would be designed for clear coat on top.  I would wonder if those from eBay could take a clear coat
Those Ebay ones are cut vinyl, which is pretty thick.  If you're looking to put a clear coat over it, you want something as thin as possible.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157 
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited - "Outback's Outback"

Offline 2qwk4u442

• Tricycle
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 12:02:14 pm »
I really don't think I want to use Ebay ones. The factory makes these, im just not sure size and a part number. I want to go with Black against the Permission Red.

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 01:03:35 pm »
Try for a 2009 ZX6R. 56054 AND 56054A

Offline 2qwk4u442

• Tricycle
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 04:45:16 pm »
Thanks Pbfoot. That got me headed in the right direction. I think those have a curve in them, so I kept digging on the web using images. Im still not sure that the length will be close / or look right - but I think I found what to try.
Application is a 2011 Kawasaki ER6n or 2011 Ninja 650R. From everything I can tell the decals are black for the orange or green models.
Part # 56054-0526

Offline connie_rider

• "OtP" {retired/assistant} Slave Labor
  • I Need a Life
  • Help us make "OtP" possible! "AGAIN"
  • COG#: 4154
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 05:33:57 pm »
Go to a local shop and they can make you a new sticker in any "design/color" you want.
As you plan to clear coat over the top,,, it should last forever.
But, putting the sticker over the clear coat would allow you to change if you want to later.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:41:54 pm by connie_rider »
14 Connie (Traveler II) / 03 Connie (Buddy)
Gone but not forgotten; 87 and 00 Connies..

If your not already a COGger, "consider becoming one".
Help us make "OtP" possible again, DO IT NOW!!

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 06:16:32 pm »
You're welcome! Let me know what works as I need black lettering as well.

Offline 2qwk4u442

• Tricycle
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 10:10:27 pm »
Pbfoot, I'm going to pass this on. Happened to find another thread, the gold bike with black decal is exactly what I'm after.

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-c10-zg1000-general-chat-and-tech/kawasaki-tank-logo/

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 11:49:14 am »
2quick4u442, I know that bike. He had that made. Vinyl.