Author Topic: Exactly one year later .....  (Read 292 times)

Offline Proliant

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 12522
  • Membership Level: Active
Exactly one year later .....
« on: August 11, 2018, 03:26:58 am »
One year ago today I crashed my 1986 Concours and managed to break my pelvis in the process. I have ridden a couple of times since on other peoples bikes, but I had other things to take care of before getting another one. Today I bought a 2004 Concours and so far I am quite happy. The previous owner did a lot of work and with the exception of a slightly sticky throttle (I'll look at it in the morning) ... I am very pleased. I had narrowed things down to an ST1100 and of course the Concours. The Concours was comfortable and suited my riding style so I chose to put myself back in the fold. Its good to be back. What was my first action on this new (to me) bike? I went directly to where i had the accident and laughed at the road.

BTW - The man I purchased this from is also a COG member and very cool guy.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:03:33 pm by Proliant »

Offline mnbikeguy

• Moped
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Exactly one year later .....
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 11:27:00 am »
Congratulations on your recovery and the new steed! It's a beauty!

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10807
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Exactly one year later .....
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:09:35 pm »
Nice! Welcome back. C10 fits my body with accumulated injuries perfectly. Hands down it is the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. Ridden my buddies C14 and FJR , and although they are more modern, I just can't get comfortable on them.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.