Author Topic: First ride of the year  (Read 650 times)

Offline Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1431
  • Membership Level: Active
First ride of the year
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:26:18 pm »
  My first ride of the year!!! Weather really sucked this year but got up to 50 degrees. WOW! What really impresses me is SiSF's torque cams. From 3,000 rpm the engine pulls. I know I've had them for a year but they still impress me with the lower rpm torque.  :) :)
'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Industry Member
  • I Need a Life
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 6977
Re: First ride of the year
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:44:51 pm »
Glad you're still diggin' 'em Tom!  :beerchug: Steve
C-14 ECU flashing for performance and rideability enhancement
C-10 Carb work , cams, & performance enhancements
 " Modifications for sport-tourers, BY a sport-tourer"
https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline Mettler1

• Iron Butt
  • You want answers? We got answers!!
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 1431
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 02:00:46 pm »
   Thanks Steve. I had the 7th gear mod first which really made it nice for those long E-way cruises but I wanted for a little more punch. Now I have both and they work real well together. :motonoises:
'94 Concours 115,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,SiSF'sTorque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators, SiSF carb Spa, Delkevic exhaust, Murphs' knee savers +grips, etc

Offline AriBklyn

• Got Mule?
  • Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 10574
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 03:10:53 pm »
Feels good to be in the saddle again I bet. We've had a few good riding days over the winter, just enough to scratch the riding itch.
Went to a nearby dealer cause I got a ticket for expired inspection sticker after parking bike at work on Friday. I thought, who'll see it right?? $65 lighter in the wallet. Service guy told me they got 35 bikes in yesterday. Yet another good reason to do your own work on your bike. Hope to learn alot up at the NE tech session in a few weeks. Ride safe all! 

Offline 2linby

• Iron Butt
  • I rode today, did you?
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 5539
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 03:00:17 am »
Certainly not my first ride of the year, but I did a nice loop over to Reedsport, down to Coos Bay and back home to Winston. The last 70 miles in a fairly heavy rain. I was pleased that the Dunlop RoadSmarts stick pretty good in the rain!  Working on 154,000k.  :motonoises:
"2linby" Get it? "Tooling by" "Everything is simple, but nothing is easy".
Ex NWAD, AAD, COG #5539, IBA #15034 TEAM OREGON MC Instructor, Mentor 2001 Sonic Blue  166K and counting!
http://tinyurl.com/njas8 (IBA BBG)
http://tinyurl.com/lwelx (Alaska trip