Author Topic: Fuel Tank Dampers  (Read 416 times)

Offline klr4evr

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Fuel Tank Dampers
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:39:01 pm »
Working on this new to me 2006. Seems every time I turn around I find some part missing that the previous owner thought was unnecessary. I've lost track of just how many rubber bumpers I've had to buy.  Anyway I've got the fuel tank off and noticed in my Clymer manual a damper I didn't have. I recognized it as a similar damper on my KLR. Then looking further at a parts diagram I'm thinking I'm missing something else.

In the attached picture I am speaking about dampers 92075A & 92075C. I know 'C' is definitely not there but I have no idea about 'A'. Don't see anything that looks like that and I'm not sure where it would go. Does anybody have a picture of the frame under tank showing these things? Greatly appreciated but also frustrated that this stuff is just gone. I can see a bit of a rub mark on the frame and u/s of tank so I'm thinking I need these things.
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s*** your pants every now and then. "

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9847
  • Membership Level: Area Director
Re: Fuel Tank Dampers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:55 pm »
If I recall correctly and it's been a while, the "A" pad straddles the frame where the "T" part of the frame is and the U-shaped one straddles the frame rib further up. Maybe someone has a picture.  I used zip ties on all mine after one of the doughnuts hit the floor, accelerated to light speed and apparently disappeared into an invisible black hole in a 24X24' garage floor. Never found that sucker, not even when I bought new ones.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:32:41 am by ron203 »
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline klr4evr

• Tricycle
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:51:43 pm »
Ya a picture would be golden. I've searched with Google and watched a bunch of YouTube but haven't seen anything with these in place.
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s*** your pants every now and then. "

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:31:02 am »
Ya a picture would be golden. I've searched with Google and watched a bunch of YouTube but haven't seen anything with these in place.

Ya gotta search for what ELSE goes wrong I guess. Look here at reply #10

http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-c10-zg1000-general-chat-and-tech/gas-tank-buzz/msg564313/#msg564313
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing

Offline klr4evr

• Tricycle
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 01:52:35 am »

Ya gotta search for what ELSE goes wrong I guess. Look here at reply #10

Thank you, thank you, @ron203. That helps a lot. Definitely missing that piece. Slays me how someone looses that.

Offline ron203

• Officer
  • Iron Butt
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 01:54:25 am »
 :beerchug:
2014 C-14
2008 Goldwing