Author Topic: i like to "fill her on up", but dang...  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Paulie

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 4561
  • Membership Level: Active
i like to "fill her on up", but dang...
« on: February 03, 2019, 08:04:00 pm »
Yeah, getting that BIG ole tank on the Conc all filled up takes lotsa juice. But last Sunday's cruz to Ozello (a doozy of a great Floriduh road) gave me a Hole EEE Schitt  :-\ when all done (7.663 gal). Only 211 to reserve & 264 on the tank (the Conc's been resting way to much)...

Offline Charliedog

• Bicycle
  • COG#: forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: i like to "fill her on up", but dang...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 08:34:18 pm »
Good on ya.  I ran my C10 dry in Texas once.  Luckily it was within sight of a gas station.  I coasted  up to a pump, dead engine, and once on the center stand was able to squeeze in (only) 7.06 gallons.  On reserve around 260 and empty at 321.  IIRC I was fighting a wind that day.  I wish my C14 could go that far on a tank.....   

Offline robertv

• Street Cruiser
  • Go Hawks!
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 08:43:35 pm »
I miss my ol' C10 and the extra mileage vs my C14... and wow really, $2.079/gallon?!? Fricken outside Seattle area is just way above the average. I think we're at $2.35/gallon.
2008 C14, silver [current]
2000 C10, red [sold]

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 10:22:57 pm »
Yeah, getting that BIG ole tank on the Conc all filled up takes lotsa juice. But last Sunday's cruz to Ozello (a doozy of a great Floriduh road) gave me a Hole EEE Schitt  :-\ when all done (7.663 gal). Only 211 to reserve & 264 on the tank (the Conc's been resting way to much)...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You don't EVEN wanna see a reciept for filling my truck 30 gallon tank, using 100% "gasoline" I've been buying lately... its $2.99 a gallon, but it's sooooo much gooder...

Our "normal/Eth blended" crapola is currently $1.98, a major reduction since the summer months but has been as high in $$$ as the real stuff  in the past year or so... I think last summer it hit $2.60

Just keep in mind, when you start running these tanks down to the "E" point, better have a bottle of IsoHeet handy when you fill up...because... welll.... you know about the water thing... even living in Flatistan...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline Pbfoot

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 10807
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 10:54:58 pm »
I did the same once. Hit reserve at 225 and ran out of gas as I was pulling into the gas station at 282. Held 7.21 gallons.
If you don't have time to do it right, when do you have time to do it over.                                                                17" wheels, Nissin 4 piston calipers.1kg Sonic Springs.Cartridge Fork Emulators. KB Brace. Galfer brake lines  Free power mod.

Offline Nosmo

• Sport Tourer
  • "We're all in this together" -- Red Green
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 04:39:57 am »
A few years back, when gasoline hit $4.00/gal here for a short timre, I had my GMC Sierra on fumes and had to tank up for a trip, 26 gallon tank took a little over 24 gallons, just under $100.00.  That hurt.
2003 Connie    2007 Wee-Strom   

"What could possibly go wrong...click....go wrong...click...go wrong...click...go wrong..."

Offline Boomer

• Crotch Rocket
  • Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
  • AREA: Northeast Area
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 03:52:03 pm »
I filled my old Merc S-Class 5 years ago, and paid 109UK Pounds ($165US) for the fill up.
Diesel was at 1.40 per litre and she took just under 80 litres (88 litre tank).
She would do nearly 1000 miles on a tankful though, if she could stay running that long.
Lovely car, utterly crap reliability.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK
CDA-007

Offline dimetraveler

• Scooter
  • COG#: 11100
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 03:46:43 pm »
2.09 a gallon wow its still 253 up here in Pa
WOW

Offline freebird6

• Street Cruiser
  • COG#: 11012
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 04:08:52 pm »
I miss my ol' C10 and the extra mileage vs my C14... and wow really, $2.079/gallon?!? Fricken outside Seattle area is just way above the average. I think we're at $2.35/gallon.
\

Yeah we are 239 to 2 49 for regular here in IN. Premium is .60 to a dollar difference

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 12907
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 08:30:54 pm »
2.09 here in southern Indiana.  Cheaper still across the river in KY.
2005 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK
1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 09:05:29 pm »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You don't EVEN wanna see a reciept for filling my truck 30 gallon tank, using 100% "gasoline" I've been buying lately... its $2.99 a gallon, but it's sooooo much gooder...

Our "normal/Eth blended" crapola is currently $1.98, a major reduction since the summer months but has been as high in $$$ as the real stuff  in the past year or so... I think last summer it hit $2.60

I guess I have to add to my above quote....
That 100% gasoline I'm buying @2.99/gal is 93 Octane...
so I guess I'm getting a great deal here....happy-happy-joy-joy....

the "normal" blended stuff, @ the price I noted, was "low grade/regular".. which was really poor fuel... and as our local "big food store" Giant Eagle, gives "fuel perks", like reduced prices on fuel, depending on how much you spend there a month, some fillups end up being at $0.50/gallon off that price, so it comes out to $1.50/gal now...
But I have to think that when they fill the tanks, they are dumping the bottom of the dregs on the fuel truck, and it's Sheet's gas, so probably why I have so many issues with water in my fuel... I told the wife to stop buying that crap...  but he caves in for the price... then, I suffer... and have to "fix" the outcome... adding 3 bottles of IsoHeet, to a tank, @ $2 a bottle... isn't value shopping anymore... ::) ::)
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 10:59:13 am »
I shouldn't say this cause I'm going to jinx myself.......but I have been blessed with a lack of bad fuel problems.
2005 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK

Offline Paulie

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 4561
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 02:58:31 pm »
Part of the lo price is shell's "drive for five" dealio. Thanks to Ranger Jim for clueing me in wit dat.  :great:

Offline rgmr250

• Bicycle
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 04:03:00 pm »
It would be nice to have gas prices that low. We're currently having the highest gas prices we've ever seen at around $1.70/litre - that's around $6.40/gallon... Filling up the C10 would be close to $48 (Canadian$ - about $36 US)
1993 ZG1000

Offline Strawboss

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 5852
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 10:10:33 pm »
Maybe these prices will encourage Ford to keep selling the Fiesta here, our 2015 has 66,000 miles on it. ;D Its a good thought I know it won't happen.
01 Concours  1982 KZ550A  1979 Triumph Bonneville  1995 Honda scooter 1982 CB125s 1980 BMW R-65  COG#5852  AMA Life 302525  NRA 9098599  SASS 28759

Offline Bud

• Crotch Rocket
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 12:17:38 pm »
In 69 or 70, in Macon, GA, gas was .35 cents a gallon IIRC.  In current dollars, that is $2.59.  Gas here in southern Indiana today is $2.75 a gallon.  Don't think we have much to complain about as far a gasoline prices go. 
2005 Kawasaki Concours
2001 Kawasaki Concours
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK

Offline m in sc

• Road Bike
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 01:55:41 pm »
heh. rode the grom to work today, filled it for 3 bucks.  :motonoises:  :rotflmao: :nananana:

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 02:09:19 pm »

I guess I have to add to my above quote....
That 100% gasoline I'm buying @2.99/gal is 93 Octane...
so I guess I'm getting a great deal here....happy-happy-joy-joy....

the "normal" blended stuff, @ the price I noted, was "low grade/regular".. which was really poor fuel... and as our local "big food store" Giant Eagle, gives "fuel perks", like reduced prices on fuel, depending on how much you spend there a month, some fillups end up being at $0.50/gallon off that price, so it comes out to $1.50/gal now...
But I have to think that when they fill the tanks, they are dumping the bottom of the dregs on the fuel truck, and it's Sheet's gas, so probably why I have so many issues with water in my fuel... I told the wife to stop buying that crap...  but he caves in for the price... then, I suffer... and have to "fix" the outcome... adding 3 bottles of IsoHeet, to a tank, @ $2 a bottle... isn't value shopping anymore... ::) ::)

Dang! Where you getting that stuff? I got a two, 4 packs of it at Wally World over off Midlo for a little over $3.00/ 4-pack back in the late fall. Still going for that price now.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:15:28 pm by connieklr »
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 08:07:17 pm »
I told the wife to stop buying that crap...  but he caves in for the price... then, I suffer... and have to "fix" the outcome... adding 3 bottles of IsoHeet, to a tank, @ $2 a bottle... isn't value shopping anymore... ::) ::)

Dang! Where you getting that stuff? I got a two, 4 packs of it at Wally World over off Midlo for a little over $3.00/ 4-pack back in the late fall. Still going for that price now.

oh, same here, I can get the multi pack for cheap, but I have to go to WallyWorld to get it... or send the Mrs. 
the $2 + stuff, ends up being "emergency single bottle" from Autozone pricing, when I hit the gas station by there for my 100% fuel,

I agree, I try to have at least 2 or 3 of those Multi packs in the garage all the time, and at least one in the Cargo box on the GMC, problem is, SWMBO forgets to tell me when she uses all them bottles up... and I go for one, and ...nada....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: >:(

Making my C14 look like your C10 (nekid) right now, doing 'spring prep' myself... I spent more on my license plate sticker, than I did in gas for it last year... this year I'm not gonna sit around...  :beerchug:

Offline connieklr

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 1608
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 08:58:03 pm »
I told the wife to stop buying that crap...  but he caves in for the price... then, I suffer... and have to "fix" the outcome... adding 3 bottles of IsoHeet, to a tank, @ $2 a bottle... isn't value shopping anymore... ::) ::)

oh, same here, I can get the multi pack for cheap, but I have to go to WallyWorld to get it... or send the Mrs. 
the $2 + stuff, ends up being "emergency single bottle" from Autozone pricing, when I hit the gas station by there for my 100% fuel,

I agree, I try to have at least 2 or 3 of those Multi packs in the garage all the time, and at least one in the Cargo box on the GMC, problem is, SWMBO forgets to tell me when she uses all them bottles up... and I go for one, and ...nada....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: >:(

Making my C14 look like your C10 (nekid) right now, doing 'spring prep' myself... I spent more on my license plate sticker, than I did in gas for it last year... this year I'm not gonna sit around...  :beerchug:

I'd love for it to be convenient to get and use ethanol-free gas, but the closest place to me, that I'm aware of, is Jordan Point down near Hopewell.

I wish to hell someone would get off their a$$ and file suit against the EPA, and guv for all the damage that ethanol-laden crap is causing. The AMA has been running their yap about this $hit for years, and that's about as far as it's gone; makes me sick.  >:(
COG #1608
COG Life Member
Semi-Civilian
GB Young Services, LLC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 09:31:47 pm »
I hear ya brother,
up here we suck hind teat, and as I really don't have an issue with some alcohol in my gas, the issue turns into really big issues, because the gas stations are all independent franchised from base company, and do not find it necessary, or are they penalized, for lack of water filtration, and prevention.. many are old tanks, and had water in them, many of the "new ones" are "metered" on water content; but nobody cares, or keeps up with the prevention of the pollution of H2O in the fuel.

sad.

try the airport up in Ashland, I could get "straight" high octane there, and it's not far from you.. the dragstrip over by Sandstone has it also, I think... but I'm sure its $$$$$
Truthfully, I really never had issues with the 10% ETH fuel, anything above that was silly stupid... and, well, we can't talk Politicz in this forum, so....
from what I see, AMA is doing the E85 thing, which is noble.. but frankly... if I cannot by law, percolate corn  into pure ethanol (which I could drink 'also'), I'll be damned if I pay $2.00 a gallon to pour in my tank, when I can make it myself... and have a fun time...

so much for fossil fuel.. :)) :))

Offline m in sc

• Road Bike
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 02:14:02 pm »
all of my bikes and cars are tuned to run on ethanol, and its fine. as long as you run them every once in a while, no issues whatsoever. i do NOT like corn squeezins in my fuel, at all, but its whats readily available and i don't want to have to hunt down ethanol free every time i fill up any of the 15 vehicles i own that are on the road.

to that point, i recently moved my 67 kawasaki with a vm20 carburetor (want to talk tiny pilot jet? )  from work to home, and it hadnt been ridden in 6 mos. fired right up. didnt drain tank or carb, but i did fire it up every month or so.  .02

I gave up sweating fuel costs years ago, just consider it a cost of the hobby. But i do always use corporate franchise stations, they tend to keep their tanks clean and water free.