Author Topic: It took FedEx to get me off my Bike...  (Read 1105 times)

Offline ManWorkingHere

• Blue Streake
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 9292
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
It took FedEx to get me off my Bike...
« on: October 25, 2015, 11:11:25 pm »
Unfortunately a FedEx delivery driver backed into and knocked over my 2001 blue C-10 in the parking lot at 10:36am on 10-14-15.

Rats!

I came out of work that afternoon to find the bike upright, but not in the same state I had left it.  To make a long story short, I contacted FedEx at the number provided and started the claim process with their insurance provider.

On Monday, 10/26, my motorcycle shop will be giving me an estimate of the damages.

While I am glad to not be on the bike at the time of the accident, I am also glad to have invested in a set of RIVCO tipover bars purchased from Murph's Kits.  The bars gave up their lives protecting the bike from a lot more damage.

And, I had also just taken part in the 21st annual Hunt For Red October the weekend before, so the timing of this bad scenario just missed that event.  I look forward to getting the bike back in action before January's weather shuts down my riding season for good.

Accident photos from Fed Ex delivery truck

after 2012 Rally
  Concours 2001 (Blue Streak)  COG#9292

Offline Steves59

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 9584
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: It took FedEx to get me off my Bike...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:33:31 am »
Wow, that sucks.  Did the FedEx guy try to find out whose bike it was, or did the security guy catch him in the act while he was trying to leave?  Looks like the tipover bars definitely gave their all for you.

Offline MichiGlenn

• Road Bike
  • "Wherever you are, be all there" Jim Elliot
  • COG#: 10892
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:51:45 am »
Ouch!
At least you had info to start the claim process.  Hopefully they give you a fair settlement.
2001 C-10
1977 Honda CB750K Sold
1978 Honda CB750K Long Gone
1972 Honda CL175 Ancient History
Heald Super Tryke 8hp, Wards T555 Trike

Offline SilverConnieRider

• Crotch Rocket
  • COG#: 11953
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 12:52:01 pm »
Unfortunately a FedEx delivery driver backed into and knocked over my 2001 blue C-10 in the parking lot at 10:36am on 10-14-15.

Rats!

I came out of work that afternoon to find the bike upright, but not in the same state I had left it.  To make a long story short, I contacted FedEx at the number provided and started the claim process with their insurance provider.

On Monday, 10/26, my motorcycle shop will be giving me an estimate of the damages.

While I am glad to not be on the bike at the time of the accident, I am also glad to have invested in a set of RIVCO tipover bars purchased from Murph's Kits.  The bars gave up their lives protecting the bike from a lot more damage.

And, I had also just taken part in the 21st annual Hunt For Red October the weekend before, so the timing of this bad scenario just missed that event.  I look forward to getting the bike back in action before January's weather shuts down my riding season for good.

Accident photos from Fed Ex delivery truck

You say it happened at 10:36 - but you came out of work that afternoon?

So how do you KNOW it was the FedEx driver?  Did someone else see it?  Did the driver pick it up and then take off?
Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Just curious, as without PROOF of the driver doing the dirty deed, I would be amazed that FedEx would honor your claim........

Offline TimR

• Global Moderator
  • Iron Butt
  • AREA: Northwest Area
  • COG#: 9032
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:02:48 pm »
Since he has the time, I would expect there must be a security camera someplace that caught the dirty dead.  >:D

I have a friend who drives for Fed-X. It doesn't take many incidents to get the main offices attention. My buddy got into a tight spot and barley caught the side of a parked pickup. Of course he stopped and fessed up right away finding the owner. I twink the nexttime he remodels his van he might get a Sterne talking to.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:07:47 pm by TimR »
Blue 1975 Z1B 900, Red 09 C14     I might not be perfect but at least I don't ride a Suzuki

Offline ManWorkingHere

• Blue Streake
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
  • COG#: 9292
  • Membership Level: Asst. Area Director
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »
[the Long Story...]

The Fed Ex driver who knocked over and pushed my cycle reported the incident to his supervisor and the local security desk of the office where I work.

The Fed Ex driver left a PostIt on my cycle with contact info for his boss.  When I contacted that number while I examined the damages, the supervisor said he had heard from the driver that the accident already occurred.

The local landlord left me a business card with a directive to contact them for details of the accident. When I stopped in their office the next day, they had the time, date, and picture of the license plate of the truck itself.

I was contacted by an agent of the insurance carrier that handles FedEx's issues.  The lady in Atlanta was interested that this was a motorcycle accident but I was not on the cycle at the time.

Her company actually just sent me a reporting form to describe the incident.  Not sure what to do with that.

Her company needs to have an adjuster actually see the cycle before processing the claim.  Luckily, the cycle can be ridden (safely?) so I took it to a dealer I have dealt with in the past.  I await the estimate from them today on Monday.  The adjuster said he would visit the shop Monday to see the cycle for himself.

I have the documentation on the tipover bars I purchased from Murph's.  The left side middle fairing is kaput too.

Let's see what the 'delta' is between the estimate and what the insurer wants to cover before I need to enlist the COG army to assist me.

I will think Positively!

:popcorncouple:
after 2012 Rally
  Concours 2001 (Blue Streak)  COG#9292

Offline The Wizard

• Been riding since I was 9 yrs.old.getting to be old fart.
  • Crotch Rocket
  • 'match need with source(used parts)'
    • have a need find a source/parts are parts
  • AREA: Southwest Area
  • COG#: 11328
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 08:52:07 am »
Glad you weren't on it,but a note I have a left mid fairing,its blue(2001 I believe) good shape $45+shipping.The Wizard
1964 Honda 55,1971 Honda CL 100,numerous Honda 350 twins,1971 Honda CL 450,1974 Honda CB 750(stolen),1971 Moto Guzzi Ambasador/Velorex sidecar,1975 Kawasaki Z1B
1976 Honda Goldwing (fully dressed)1973 Honda CB 450,1982 Yamaha Virago 750
1977 BMW R100/7(full dress) later Velorex sidecar mounted,1978 Yamaha XS750,1987 BMW K100RS
1996 Honda shadow 1100 ace,2000 Kawasaki Concours,1998,99,98,98+88,90+99 Concours for resurrection           CDA#540