Author Topic: Jets  (Read 647 times)

Offline jettawreck

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Re: Jets
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 12:17:17 am »
Most everything comes jetted from the factory quite lean for emisssions. My average fuel mileage on the 2005 that SISF rejetted, w/airbox foam mod, exhuast sprocket was almost exactly the same fuel mileage as it was before those alterations. It ran much better and pulled stronger at mid rpms. I no longer have all my records for it, but as I recall, for my ownership it was 48ish.
The 2002 before it (completely stock as far as I knew) always did marginally better at a bit better. Again, don't have its records anymore but typically 49/50ish.
Snowmobiles, I have a bunch.
Motorcycles-I haven't had anything except dirtbikes 30 years ago, so this will be all new to me.
2005 C10 with Rifle w/s, SISF Exhaust sprocket, overflow tubes, 2 minute jet mod. (SOLD)
2004 Honda ST1300-the current mule.

Offline bajasam

• Tricycle
  • AREA: Southwest Area
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 12:50:38 am »
sounds like your right in with most c-10's. i've only got 3 tanks of gas on my bike since i opened up the slowjet one size and raised the needle one washer but my last ride at 161 miles took 3.0 gallons at fill-up, i use the same gas pump and fill to one inch below filler neck to stay consistent, i have not checked the factory speedo against a gps yet but seems consistent with my other bikes, so i'm happy its getting the same mileage as my xr650 dualsport which is an aircooled thumper. what i don't get is the guys only getting in the 35-38mpg range, if there's no racing involved i would expect they would notice their bike sounds crappy or is rough running as thats close to a 30% decrease in mileage from what seems to be the norm.i guess maybe they need to send their carbs down to florida for a check up.....lol

Offline Oldschool

• Tricycle
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 02:52:58 pm »
My 2000 Concours is a CA bike so...

It is stock all the way through. I did take off the emissions stuff and put on the block-off plates. I live at 4600 ft above sea level and ride a lot above 7000 ft and above. If I am riding spirited, I get only 38-ish mpg. If I am riding a bit mellow, like actually obeying the speed limits and rolling on the throttle easily I get almost 50 mpg.

Offline Lee

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
  • COG#: 12558
  • Membership Level: Active
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 06:01:56 pm »
Hummm!

No hotroding on my part. Using bike as commuter daily. Rarely rev past 4k.
Do warm bike before drive off regardless of season. But it warms quickly.
130 mains, pod filters(came on bike). Getting 35mpg in town like clock work. Bike is smooth and sync'd.
Would luv to get 50mpg!

Am planing to go to 120 mains and get rid of pods for stock air box when I do next valve service.

Offline Oldschool

• Tricycle
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 06:31:00 pm »
I've owned Kawasaki bikes since the 1980's....Z1R, KZ1100, Concours. One of the reasons I have stuck with Kawasaki is that I do my own maintenance, I take care of my bikes, and my KZ1100 went 120,000 before I sold it and when I did it was still running great. Wish I had never, never, never sold the 1978 Z1R!

Pod filters seem to kill low rpm pull. Pulling air from a larger reservoir (such as an airbox) made a huge difference on my KZ1100 after I did a big bore kit and all. The pod filters were cool looking but the bike ran so much better at lower rpm's with the stock air box.

Offline bajasam

• Tricycle
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 03:03:17 am »
probably unfair to try to compare city commuting to a steady 45-65mph never leaving sixth gear, i dont ride down into the city so have no clue what my mileage would be commuting thru 6 gallons of stoplight to stoplight type traffic.i'm sure it would'nt be anything close to 50mpg.