Author Topic: Lift points on C10  (Read 591 times)

Offline Bocajnala

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: Forum
  • Membership Level: Forum Subscriber
Lift points on C10
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:09 am »
Hey ya'll.

95 C10 with 30K miles.

I have a few things I want to do. Tires, Brakes, Fork seals, Fluid changes, peg lowering, and anything else I come across along the way.

I have a hoist in my garage that I use for working on tractors and other equipment.  It's heavy enough to lift the entire bike...

Is there any safe spots that I can hook to in order to raise the entire bike? I figure this would be easiest since I intend to have both front and rear pulled apart at the same time.

-Jake

Offline who me?

• Street Cruiser
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 11932
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Lift points on C10
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 12:15:22 pm »
I lift mine just enough to get it on the cstand when Im working on it I use the cross piece under the seat It picks up the backend Then set it down on the lift rear is up enough with the cstand and Ill take a small jack and use it under the front of the engine to do front end work
Thought I had some pictures somewhere on this thing
I have no idea about anything.
95 C10 The Mule
02 C10 parts are parts

Offline Nosmo

• Crotch Rocket
  • "We're all in this together" -- Red Green
  • AREA: Northwest Area
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 04:48:13 pm »
I have used my engine hoist to lift mine several times.  I pull the fuel tank, and the seat, put a heavy-duty nylon ratchet strap under the frame tubes at the headset, and another under the frame tubes at the aft end of where the seat mounts.  There are also a couple of bosses with holes in the frame just where the rear sub-frame bolts on, that willl accept long bolts (I think it's 5/16 diameter) where you could attach straps or chains.  The biggest issue is it wants to swing around in mid-air, so you need to brace it somehow.  A couple of short strings to the hoist to keep it from swiveling around will help.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:54:34 pm by Nosmo »
2003 Connie    2007 Wee-Strom   

"What could possibly go wrong...click....go wrong...click...go wrong...click...go wrong..."

Offline Bocajnala

• Tricycle
  • AREA: North Central Area
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:43:20 am »
I was thinking straps through the frame as well.

Sounds like a solid plan.

-Jake

Offline Mike

• Training Wheels
  • AREA: South Central Area
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 02:12:39 pm »
Hey ya'll.

95 C10 with 30K miles.

I have a few things I want to do. Tires, Brakes, Fork seals, Fluid changes, peg lowering, and anything else I come across along the way.

I have a hoist in my garage that I use for working on tractors and other equipment.  It's heavy enough to lift the entire bike...

Is there any safe spots that I can hook to in order to raise the entire bike? I figure this would be easiest since I intend to have both front and rear pulled apart at the same time.

-Jake
Jake, I pull the seat and tank and slide a large screw driver thru the frame above the air box but under the metal tube Have to bend it down a pinch), then I hook my engine hoist on the large screwdriver and lift away. Once it's up, I secure it to keep it from swinging and tilting.