Author Topic: Looking for Stebel plastic horn portion mounting location  (Read 121 times)

Offline Bucky

• Road Bike
  • AREA: Northeast Area
  • COG#: 11949
  • Membership Level: Active
Looking for Stebel plastic horn portion mounting location
« on: August 28, 2017, 09:38:47 pm »
I split my Stebel into two parts - the compressor and the plastic horn part. I have a very good compressor mount behind the right side cover, but having the horn part under that plastic isn't working out the way I want it to. Too much sound reduction for my ears.

Im curious what others have done to get the horn out front / out from behind any cover. At this point in time, a crossbar below the headlight is not a viable option, although I do like that idea. Maybe down the road, but not now.

Much obliged for photos too, if possible.

Thank you

Antique Machinery Junkie

Offline MichiGlenn

• Road Bike
  • "Wherever you are, be all there" Jim Elliot
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 10892
  • Membership Level: Active
Re: Looking for Stebel plastic horn portion mounting location
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 01:14:27 am »
I tried to mount it where the Brake line splitter had been after converting to a 2 line setup instead of the stock 3 lines.  I've heard of others doing it, it didn't work for me.  I ended up putting it back together and mounting behind the right side cover.  It's plenty loud.  I'm using a Screaming Banshee controller to make it pulse after an initial toot of the stock horns.  Haven't used it in traffic yet, but it sure makes a racket in the garage!  Looks like they no longer sell just the controller.
https://screaming-banshee.com/products
2001 C-10
1977 Honda CB750K Sold
1978 Honda CB750K Long Gone
1972 Honda CL175 Ancient History
Heald Super Tryke 8hp, Wards T555 Trike