Author Topic: Murphs fuel rail o-ring kit notice  (Read 219 times)

Offline crag antler

• Mini Bike
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 8277
  • Membership Level: Active
Murphs fuel rail o-ring kit notice
« on: May 18, 2019, 02:43:46 pm »
I found the source of my leaks in my '00 C-10 carbs.
Turned out the fuel rail o-rings kit I received from Murphs had the wrong size o-rings for the tubes between carbs 1-2 & 3-4. Verified against the OEM rings and the new one were smaller.
This is what was causing the tubes to spin freely and to leak. I was able to remedy the leak by re-using 3 of the old rings that were in good shape and doubling up 2 of the new rings.
Bench tested and bike tested: no leaks :)

Now this is not a bashing of Murphs in any manner. Been a loyal and fully satisfied customer of them for the 10 years I've had the Concours and will continue to be.

Emalied Gary last night just to make him aware of this issue. Spoke with him this morning.
He asked me to post this to let everyone who recently purchased the C-10 fuel rail O-ring kit within the last month to contact him prior to installation. He does not want anyone to change these prior to a trip and find they leak.

Heck of a guy and an excellent source for us.

Thank you Gary for your help :great: :great:
Doug aka crag antler
00 Kawasaki Concours 60,000+ miles. Bar risers, Murphs kneesavers, blockoff plates, allen head screw set,headlight upgrade. LED headlight, driving lights, JC Whitney trunk, Go Pro mount,’06 header w/Jet-Hot ceramic coating, over flow tubes and Performance Exhaust Sprocket by SISF

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
Re: Murphs fuel rail o-ring kit notice
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 09:12:21 pm »
thanks for that update, and thanks to Murph also, I know he didn't intentionally substitute something, he's a stand up kinda dude..

I'm due to talk with him again shortly, to catch up on gossip.... :) :beerchug: :great: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...

Offline coffee_brake

• Crotch Rocket
  • AREA: Southeast Area
  • COG#: 7653
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:39:35 am »
Only rarely can so many customers be so dang pleased with the same couple doing business for so long. The stuff of legend, is Murph's Kits....
Jenn in "Chaahlston, y'all...."

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• I Need a Life
  • AREA: North Central Area
  • COG#: 5977
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:15:15 pm »
Only rarely can so many customers be so dang pleased with the same couple doing business for so long. The stuff of legend, is Murph's Kits....

and he's a "cheap date" and easy to please, as he only drinks "lawn mowing beer", so he's happy with Busccchhhhhhh light, or any other low cost beer, when sittin and jabberin' during late night story tellin'...

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :campfire: :clap: :103:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....Rich R. (the other one..)  COG 5977  JUSTAMEMBAHNOW
and if you are gonna call me names... it's MR. Analdweeb if you please...